corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I think I've found my next car.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I think I've found my next car.
Tom

User status: Offline
12th Jan 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been umming and ahhing for months about my next car, was going to be a Mk5 golf, then an E90 3 series M sport. I've been doing some reading up on Alfa 159's as I love the look of these, but was always put off by potential unreliability and big repair bills. Anyway, it seems that they are quite reliable now on the only faults they suffer from appear to be niggly although customer service isn't meant to be up to much with Alfa Romeo UK. I've decided whilst I haven't got kids yet I really need one of these in my life. I've seen a few TI's (1.9 JTD) in my recently increased price range, the below being the front runner. I've applied for a loan which I should hear about before end of tomorrow. If I don't get the (low rate) loan, I'll see about getting finance through the dealer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-58-ALFA-ROMEO-159-1-9-JTDM-16V-TI-SALOON-DIESEL-MANUAL-4DR-BLACK-LEATHER-/170755458417?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27c1d18571

Heart well and truely set on one of these
Ben G

12th Jan 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best looking family saloon for decent money i've ever seen imo.

think i've only ever seen 2 or 3 on the road aswell.
Nath

12th Jan 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
whitter45

12th Jan 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the guys at work has one - the ti version like you have posted

He has done over 60k and no trouble what so ever

Lovely car
big eck

12th Jan 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great lookin car, nice combo with the tan leather as well. Not many about either which is always good.
Ben J

12th Jan 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at that exact version before I got the Audi. They lose money like crazy but that one has already lost most of it so go for it!
adiohead

12th Jan 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same engine as my van

Only trouble I've had is one of the injector lines decided to split and sprayed diesel all over the fucking place.

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by adiohead]
Joe

12th Jan 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pow has done over 20k in his MiTo with no issues.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are lovely looking, not fussed if I end up with one with Tan or Black leather although prefer tan. The only issues I've read about with any regularity are things like the odd bit of interior trim falling off reg plate lights / screen washers breaking for no reason, windscreen creak. The gear boxes are meant to be a bit notchy and the engine a bit guttless before the turbo kicks in but nothing major enough to put me off. There's loads of well specc'd one's about too with sat nav, bluetooth etc. I'm going to try and test a 159 this weekend (there's a few lusso's locally). Realistically it's gonna be a nice drive compared to my current car so fingers crossed I can sort finance out and get it done! Insurance is same as my current car, tax is lower, MPG better etc.

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by Tom]
Colin

12th Jan 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 156 and it had MOT fails on corroded chassis rails at 8yrs old, othger than that it was pretty good!!
BarnshaW

12th Jan 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is lovely
Sunz

12th Jan 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such a great looking car.
whitter45

12th Jan 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
They are lovely looking, not fussed if I end up with one with Tan or Black leather although prefer tan. The only issues I've read about with any regularity are things like the odd bit of interior trim falling off reg plate lights / screen washers breaking for no reason, windscreen creak. The gear boxes are meant to be a bit notchy and the engine a bit guttless before the turbo kicks in but nothing major enough to put me off. There's loads of well specc'd one's about too with sat nav, bluetooth etc. I'm going to try and test a 159 this weekend (there's a few lusso's locally). Realistically it's gonna be a nice drive compared to my current car so fingers crossed I can sort finance out and get it done! Insurance is same as my current car, tax is lower, MPG better etc.

most will be well spec'ed as most will have been company cars

Very few private buyers from new due to how much they lose
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

most will be well spec'ed as most will have been company cars

Very few private buyers from new due to how much they lose

Yeah valid point. I have my concerns over how much it'll depreciate (further) but I'll get one with the lowest miles I can find and probably keep it for 18-24 months/20k.

Alot of car for the money though and don't mind losing a bit.

AlunJ

12th Jan 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love these do it!
BYRON

12th Jan 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had 2 as long term (2 months) demonstrators and enjoyed both.

Both were Ti spec and had both the saloon in silver and an estate in black. I would have another tomorrow and would like the girlfriend to have one as the 'family car' but she would prefer something without the unreliability stigma which is fairly unfounded and no more unreliable than any other manufacturer these days.

Good choice imo.
deano87

12th Jan 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice looking, as most Italian cars are.

I wouldn't have another Italian car again unless it was brand new with 3 years warranty.

I've had a pretty bad experience though with Fiat.
Tom

12th Jan 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
I have had 2 as long term (2 months) demonstrators and enjoyed both.

Both were Ti spec and had both the saloon in silver and an estate in black. I would have another tomorrow and would like the girlfriend to have one as the 'family car' but she would prefer something without the unreliability stigma which is fairly unfounded and no more unreliable than any other manufacturer these days.

Good choice imo.

That's good to know, need to go and test one asap.
Jambo

12th Jan 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell they depreciate more than Renaults

Lovely
Tom

13th Jan 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not heard back from loan companies yet

I've just had a live chat with a bloke from Mangolesti (Alfa Dealership in Knutsford), they are doing 0% on all new and used cars. Reckon's he can do me a deal with a £1000 deposit, no doubt try and rope me into all sorts of gap insurance mind. Loan would be about £150 p/m over 5 years, would get me something like 1st one posted (with £700 odd deposit). Finance with the dealer would cost in the region of £175 but get me something a bit newer with less miles, still over 5 years:

http://www.mangoletsi.com/pre-owned/tbc-09-alfa-romeo-202.html

Told him I may not be in a position to buy for a month or so, he's going to keep me up to date with new stock
Colin

13th Jan 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate, if they can do 0% finance on a used one just buy it!!
Tom

13th Jan 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waiting on my bonus from work at the minute, which is likely to be paid in the next month or so.

I'm dead nervous about sharky car dealers I've told him my monthly budget but you just know they'll pop up with a load of other crap to bump it up loads
antnee

13th Jan 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely cars.
Colin

13th Jan 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, always do thats where the make their money selling the extra bits you dont need. I'll always try to buy private for the better deal!!

0% finance is good though if you can get it.
Tom

13th Jan 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Yep, always do thats where the make their money selling the extra bits you dont need. I'll always try to buy private for the better deal!!

0% finance is good though if you can get it.

Just reading their website, 0% is on HP type arrangement and usually over 3 years max with 30% deposit (includes used cars). Not sure what state that dealers sales are in but I've asked for 5 years with less than 10% deposit and he said something along the lines of 'We always do our best to accomadate customers so am happy to discuss a deal with you'. I doubt they'd stretch that much (possibly contact me if something cheaper comes in). I don't want to deal with them as I know they'll try to pressure me into b*llocks deal, the idea of a newer car was/is more appealing though (and some sort of warranty).

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I think I've found my next car. 22 database queries in 0.0146520 seconds