corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Genuine question of which step to take

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Genuine question of which step to take
Christopher

User status: Offline
16th Jan 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i have come to the stage where i want to sell my 1999 corsa 1.2! Now I have a few options that i can take but im really unsure what path to go down!

Im 19 and have 5 points (Not for being an idiot or anything was a genuine accident) and have £1000 spare cash plus my car that im hoping to get around the region of £1000 for aswell!

Here are the options i think i have so let me know which you think is the best or feel free to add your own ideas bellow! All help much appreciated!

a. Get a sensible car like a 1.4 corsa c with the £2000
b. Get another b sell my current car and use the money on that to slowly do things to it whilst using it as my daily
c. Get another b (seen a clean shelled 1.0l) and keep that garaged as a project and then make a project out of it similar to "Project monty" by Dale over time and use my current car as a daily
d. Do the same as above but sell my current car and get a cheap fiesta or something similar
e. Move away from the corsa scene and get another car within the region of £2000 (options?)

Thanks Chris
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Option B I reckon Chris
thegsi

16th Jan 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move away from the Corsa scene and start spending your money wisely on better cars.
Christopher

16th Jan 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Option B I reckon Chris

The only problem i have with this is im fed up of doing things and then them getting ruined because i use it as my daily! For example! My front bumper is covered in stone chips because of country roads and motorways :/
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Move away from the Corsa scene and start spending your money wisely on better cars.
Jimbothebarbarian

16th Jan 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer your car untill it drops to bits.

While you're doing that you will be building your no claims your accident and points will becoming a more distant memory and keep saving your money.

In a few years time you'll be older wiser richer and more able to tax insure buy and maintain a much better car.
Chris x

16th Jan 12 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
quote:
Originally posted by thegsi

sc0ott

16th Jan 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on a corsa site and get told to leave the corsa scene fucking brilliant.

daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Come on a corsa site and get told to leave the corsa scene fucking brilliant.

Let's admit it, you can get a better car for 2k than a 1.4 Corsa.
thegsi

16th Jan 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He had that down as a choice and it's the best thing to do.
stevenc89

16th Jan 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Hammer your car untill it drops to bits.

While you're doing that you will be building your no claims your accident and points will becoming a more distant memory and keep saving your money.

In a few years time you'll be older wiser richer and more able to tax insure buy and maintain a much better car.

keep you're car, you will get bored and fall backn in love alot of the time but its all about cheaper insurance my friend
AndyCorsaSport

16th Jan 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 GTi and have a shit load of fun!!
XE Col
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not keep the current b and use the cash to better that? Would make more sense than selling and buying another b?

Personally I would go for the c.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jan 12 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So of the two people who are saying move away from Corsas, one drives an Evo and in another thread has clearly stated that no one can buy one unless they have unlimited cash to run this highly tuned performance animal, and the other has an old man BMW which is frankly not quite Christopher is it.

Good shout boys.

One other point Chris - use and enjoy the car. Option B does look the favourite but you'll have the same issues.

I wouldn't go with two cars unless you're happy throwing money away, either to run them both - it will have to leave the garage at some point - or to spend money on a car you never actually drive. I tried that and it was very disheartening indeed knowing I had a few k in the car and needed to throw away another few k before it would even turn a wheel.
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, there is more cars on the road than an Evo, 5 series and a corsa.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jan 12 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on...
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Puma .. I know of one for sale for £500. Looks tidy, just needs a VIC test and an MOT iirc.
JordyCarter

16th Jan 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a sensible car with your budget, save up if you want to do a project car. Cant see why you would want to have a fiesta at all when you could spend upto 2 grand. Fuck the project car for now

edit: so probably option a

[Edited on 16-01-2012 by JordyCarter]
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jan 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a 19 year old with 5 points?
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
For a 19 year old with 5 points?

all depends on personal circumstances.
Hasn't mentioned what he is paying for insurance now?

I paid just over a grand in insurance for E36 323i I had when I was 20.
thegsi

16th Jan 12 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am speaking from pure experience. The amount of money and time that you will put into a Corsa will never return the fun or realism you'd get from other cars.
It's my opinion and he has listed it as one of his options, whats the problem?
Christopher

16th Jan 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all feedback! As ian has said car choices are limited to me at 19 with 5 points! 1.2 16v on my own insurance third party fire and theft £3500 :/ Thats why i have thought about option d quite alot because i can strip an engine and convert it whilst still having a daily driver then use it in the next 2 years or so!?
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
Thanks for all feedback! As ian has said car choices are limited to me at 19 with 5 points! 1.2 16v on my own insurance third party fire and theft £3500 :/ Thats why i have thought about option d quite alot because i can strip an engine and convert it whilst still having a daily driver then use it in the next 2 years or so!?

what was you actual offence code? I did a quote on Bell.co.uk on Puma that Ian got for sale and it has come up at 3500 without even trying to get it down. declared 5 points.

Do you have any ncb at all?
Christopher

16th Jan 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ac10 - 5 points
no ncb
£1000 claim

driving 2 years
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite severe that though isn't

Stick with Corsa then or get a 1.2 Corsa C and save money for when points come of.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Genuine question of which step to take 22 database queries in 0.0155561 seconds