corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tourette's ( From my point of veiw )

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tourette's ( From my point of veiw )
Twitch

User status: Offline
7th Feb 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after a few years I've finally been able to upload this to you tube to share with people. ]
It was done for a friends uni work back in 2009 and is just a short documentary about me and my Tourette's. As much as I don't like myself in this video seeing as my point of view and general conception of everything I encounter now has change I still thought it would be nice to share it and though you guys would like and watch ( and a laugh )

http://youtu.be/t73hhpbKmPI
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Feb 12 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting watch mate, thanks for sharing.
Paul_J

7th Feb 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember seeing you on tv a while back

Good to watch
Twitch

7th Feb 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you. I'm hoping it might shed some more light on the less known but more common forms of Tourette's and show that you can still do everything everyone else can do.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do you not swear invoulentary at all then? just nod your head?
DC90

7th Feb 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise you were from around here until Luton was mentioned in the video!

Body going into shock does some weird things, a lad ran into me and bit my head when I was 13, I got stitches, it then got infected and to cut a long story short it got pretty serious. 3 weeks later I was diagnosed with diabetes and all of the docs I have spoken to blame the trauma!

Nice vid
Paul_J

7th Feb 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mentioned drinking then, but have you ever tried any drugs and what were the effects on the twitch?

Just wonder if smoking Cannabis would have a positive effect on it?
Twitch

7th Feb 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i Dont do any swearing at all. Although there are more than one type of tourette's the main one is physical movements. I technically come under the same as swearing as well but i squeak and whistle. I have taken drugs etc. Pretty much lived the full life of a raver and tbh none of it has ever helped. Weed would chill me out for a little while but then it would be worse afterwards. The main difference to me compared to many others with tourette's is i've just embraced it and not tried to stop or cover it up.
corsarooney
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good watch that mate

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
Jakey
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember watching it a few years back and meeting you at PVS 3 years ago iirc
Jakey
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also remember you telling me you where working under a car with your mate and you had an arm spasm and punched him square in the face
Twitch

7th Feb 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha That i did do!. I still rub it in his face now when we start taking the piss out of each other. Whats worse now is im a fully qualified mechanic and im constantly hitting my head on shit when lying under a van or lorry.
Bart

7th Feb 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

He's got to fiddle

That have an alternate meaning?

Interesting watch. you look quote young lol, I now feel old.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch Whats worse now is im a fully qualified mechanic and im constantly hitting my head on shit when lying under a van or lorry.

i was jsut thinking this exact thing! you must have so many cuts n stuff on your forehead
Jakey
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is funny!
_Allan_

7th Feb 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking great vid
Twitch

7th Feb 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was 19 back in the video, im 22 now going on 23 so to me i even look young. I've got a pretty hard head tbh. after 15 years of hitting it off of shit it get a bit tough lol.
craig-dodd

7th Feb 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought that was pretty good

not like ones i have seen before which just show the swearing type

[Edited on 07-02-2012 by craig-dodd]
baza31

7th Feb 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting video ,I know a 'twitch' will still effect you but thank your stars you don't have the swearing part .

Are you able to drive? I'd imagine the dvla looking at a twitch would almost cross into mild fits . I presume you have a licence been on here tho? I am certain that life events can change your course and health , infact I have no doubt about that .
LeeM

7th Feb 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck did you manage to get your eyebrow pierced
Twitch

7th Feb 12 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i have a drivers licence. 3 years going on 4 now. The dvla do know about it ( i think ) but because im concentrating i twitch a lot less and i've found ways round it too. Plus my reactions are about 50-60% quicker than an average humans so that also makes up for it. If you think the eye brow was a challenge you should of seen it when i got my tongue done
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting video mate, i myself suffer from a very mild type of tourettes, i have a couple of different twitches, like you ive just got on with it, to be honest at first i was a bit freaked out by myself and used to get very agrovated at myself for doing it but after a few months turning into years ive just got on with it and its part of my daily life

i think most people see tourettes as just swearing and shouting mainly due to, as you said in the video, the people they put on telle with tourettes
anyways well done to you for just getting on with it i know how hard it can be at first
BeetleGav

7th Feb 12 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jeez i find sneezing bad when driving. twitching must be insane! good watch pal
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great video given some of us on here know the context of you and your condition

Personally I'd lose the random /draws a puff\ bit if you want to be taken (more) seriously though
Twitch

8th Feb 12 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah the video its self wasn't made by me and was done back in 2009. I dont think i really have the editing skill to change it ( and although i did ask them to leave that out ) they didn't so im stuck with that now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tourette's ( From my point of veiw ) 23 database queries in 0.3106608 seconds