corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ATS!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ATS!!!
whitter45

User status: Offline
10th Feb 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the e90 has just had its first replacement tyres - all 4 after 29,000 miles and I have been left with 2 rear alloys like this!!!

Best bit is the garage are denying it

[Edited on 10-02-2012 by whitter45]
gez bay

10th Feb 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats terrible! clearly the machine has done it. its the paint been marked not deep marks from curbs or anything
whitter45

10th Feb 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheels were spotless before they went in
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what now?
adiohead

10th Feb 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

letter to head office, if nothing comes of it then sue them.

whitter45

10th Feb 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been onto lease company and ATS head office - claim has been put forward but been advised it will take a few weeks

Not overly fussed as long as it gets sorted but its the fact they deny it

They don't even take pics of the wheels before they start work - and I was in 2 minds whether to do this but thought I wouldn't have to
Seany

10th Feb 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the exact reason I take pictures of my wheels before I get tyres fitted.
Hope they own up and fix them for you.
andy1868

10th Feb 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a similar problem when i had my integra, took it to get new tyres and a 4 wheel alignment, the paint chipped off about an inch on each wheel where the machine has initially made contact with the wheel.

ended up just paying for 1 tyre, got 3 free tyres and an alignment, it was annoying but i couldn't really argue with the apology. Besides it wasn't THAT bad
smcGSI16V

10th Feb 12 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the reason I don't go to places like ats, kwik fit, national tyres etc etc and take my cars to a place that have decent technicans that arent all dicks and don't care.
whitter45

10th Feb 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if it was my own I agree - I have no choice in the matter unfortunately
Steve
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always come out with some bullshit and play dumb, say something like "you havent got a wheel machine that damages wheels have you as i took it to a nasty place once that did that"

that usually indicates you care about these things and makes them take more care

saying that i usually only use one place now anyway
smcGSI16V

10th Feb 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one good thing is that it's not your car and you haven't got to sort it out.

Very bad customer service and quality of work though.
3CorsaMeal

10th Feb 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happened to one of my wheels when they were fitting the tyres straight after they had been refurb'd

still feel pissed off about it as they gave me £20 and left me with a wheel like yours.

I've just accepted i will get them redone if they ever need it
mwg

10th Feb 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same happen to the wheels on my Audi but worse by a local tyre fitter. I got them to respray them, they weren't the best respray. It was one of those though where I knew they'd been resprayed and could tell but no one else could. It always bugged me. Thinking about it I had the wheels on my Corsa damaged too by a different local fitter...

I've only used ATS since then and always make the point about not damaging my wheels before they put the new tyres on. The Mini needs new tyres soon, hate getting new tyres fitted now. Always worry that they are going to be damaged

[Edited on 10-02-2012 by mwg]
3CorsaMeal

10th Feb 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might buy a tyre machine and fit my own from now on

wonder how much they are
whitter45

10th Feb 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
The one good thing is that it's not your car and you haven't got to sort it out.

Very bad customer service and quality of work though.

Yeah I agree but it bugs the hell out of me. Guys at work abuse their cars and don't really care as its not their car.

although its not my car I like to look after it and it just annoys me how they dont seem bothered to even investigate at the fitting place. Plus I have to drive around with 2 rear alloys looking a state again which bugs me

we will wait and see

Get bigger things on at the moment with moving house but even so i will not be letting it drop
Sunz

10th Feb 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see how you can prove they have done it, even though you know they have, proving it is impossible unless they admit it.
baza31

10th Feb 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i might buy a tyre machine and fit my own from now on

wonder how much they are

Decent used one for £1000 . Thats alot of tyre changes to get money's worth. I would of refused paying for tyres . I would definatly go to head office and kick up a fuss . It's not like they are cheap either
whitter45

10th Feb 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Don't see how you can prove they have done it, even though you know they have, proving it is impossible unless they admit it.

apart from the marks are not kerbing but scratches to paint - also some marks are were the tyre meets the alloy so impossible to do via kerbing.

ATS have on record that the car has never had tyres so not done by anyone else

The fact we have over 1000 employees with cars that use ATS might give them some power as I am sure the lease company will just use another fitter

Your forgetting its in the lease firms interest to get this done as they foot the bill for damage when I hand it back

[Edited on 10-02-2012 by whitter45]
Corsa_Sport21

10th Feb 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the actuall machine that does it or the metal bars they use?? Ive heard of places using plastic bars to prevent this sort of thing happening.
whitter45

10th Feb 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Is it the actuall machine that does it or the metal bars they use?? Ive heard of places using plastic bars to prevent this sort of thing happening.

when I spoke to the head office they suggested all machines use silicon bars to reduce risk but it has been known for incidents like this to occur

The pictures i have sent, to me indicate its machine damage and through no fault of my own

Its now with the NW area Mananger
brebaz

10th Feb 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the metal bars because theres a little lip on the machine that you put that so you dont have to touch the wheels with it. there is on the ones at college anyway.
Liam-Wilko

10th Feb 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i acctualy done this to some ones car and foot the bill and got him a new alloy out of my pocket for it (was my first day ever) but it is acctualy the machine that causes it it means the leaver is set to close to the alloy and is catching you do get some with a plastic gaurd to protect it or you can actualy get a alloy lip cover witch most places dont use though
l15ter

10th Feb 12 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had two tyres replaced on my old astra by ats and they had chipped a bit of paint off both wheel. The rubber technican said they were there before and wasnt going to give me a discount as I was trying to get two free alloy refurbs and then tried starting on me.
Ben J

11th Feb 12 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local place I've used for years and they are top notch. They've had really low profile stuff for the VXR and Audi and never damaged a wheel. Nice guys too. It's luck of the draw though with finding a place. I avoid chain places like Kwikshit, ATS because the individual places rely more on repeat business so care more.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ATS!!! 22 database queries in 0.0668449 seconds