corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims"

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Society and its "Chronic Victims"
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seems to be an increase in these sort of people; you know the sort the people who blame everybody else for their own missfortune when they are lazy wasters!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17015699

The guy lives in a pig sty, he looks like a tramp and he’s complaining that he can’t get a job.

Listen to the audio he’s a perfect example of a “chronic victim”.. He’s got child-like excuses for everything, he even complains that his own kitchen is a mess!

No doubt moddy-coddled by his parents.

*EDIT*

The plot thickens! They were talking about this again on Radio 1 last night and they interviewed him last year before and after he went for a job interview: They offered him the job at the time but he turned it down!

WHAT A CUNT

[Edited on 16-02-2012 by DaveyLC]
John

15th Feb 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard that Ben Gillet on the radio yesterday.

He's basically left school, obviously a completely unemployable retard, sits about playing his xbox all day then complains there's no jobs.
DaveyLC

15th Feb 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's got some A-Levels.. And I get the impression he wants to be a chemist. Maybe he needs to take what he can get and work from there.

What a waste of tax money he is.
John

15th Feb 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, that's nice for him to want to be XYZ, not getting a job doing that instantly is not a good excuse for sitting about playing COD all day wasting my tax.
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of jobs out there just that the lazy bums won't do them.

I bump into a few job seekers with my job. Was speaking to a guy the other week who compained there was no jobs and foreigners were taking them all.

I told him I could get him a job in a hotel as a Kitchen Porter straight away. He said he wasn't willing to wash dishes.

Fuck him. Lazy cunt. A jobs a job.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Ben J]
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just listened to him on R1.

Comes across all high and mighty which pissed me off. Plus if someone came to me looking like that i wouldn't employ them, looks like he's homeless.

If you cant find a paid job go volunteer somewhere, prove your worth and you will have a higher chance of being given a job. Even if you dont, at least you can put it on your CV that youve been working unpaid so you dont look like a lowlife waster.

Wanker.
pow
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a shave, a shower and start working your way up from the bottom. Lazy cunt
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with what's said, etc. but it's far too easy to say "they should do this n that" when you're already comfortable in the job you want to do. Take your cushty job out of the equasion you've had for years and tell me you'd get a job at Tesco if there was nothing about. Doubt a lot would. I mean, take John for example, I don't know you personally but based on your online persona alone, there's no way you'd be stacking shelves.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Brett]
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there was nothing about course I would.
pow
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was in the position where it was sit at home smoking or work in Tesco, I'd work in Tesco. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen but if it came to it I would.
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. I'd rather stack shelves than be sat on my arse claiming dole money.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're a hero tho Ben, I know that already mate.

It's hardly worth working at Tesco, blame the government. You can get housing, tax and benefits all paid for, you could work at Tesco full time, get none of that benefit and after paying those bits you're now not getting you'll have £30 at best to play with, oh and of course your precious dignity.
DaveyLC

15th Feb 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I agree with what's said, etc. but it's far too easy to say "they should do this n that" when you're already comfortable in the job you want to do. Take your cushty job out of the equasion you've had for years and tell me you'd get a job at Tesco if there was nothing about. Doubt a lot would. I mean, take John for example, I don't know you personally but based on your online persona alone, there's no way you'd be stacking shelves.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Brett]

If I found myself unemployed tomorrow I'd be grafting HARD.. If I had to go and be a spanner monkey I would do it in the blink of an eye!
John

15th Feb 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends Brett, so far I've had enough skill and qualifications to be fairly picky about where I work. If I didn't have a house I could have and did get away with being out of work.

Now I've got a mortgage I won't have a choice, if something happened I'd need a job.

I worked at ASDA while at uni and it's certainly not bad, I wouldn't want to do that as a life long career but I'd have no problem doing it to pay my mortgage while looking for something better.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a lad who went to college and got some A-Levels and CCNA certification and decided from there he wanted to be a network engineer somewhere.

Nobody in their right mind will take him on for obvious reasons, he needs experience and he isn't willing to start at the bottom in a helpdesk or tech support role so as a result he's been jobless for about 5 years now... every month that passes by his CV looks worse and worse.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Brett, i can see why you'd say tha. Some people may feel ashamed they have come from a high paid job to miinimum wage but imo there is more pride in taking that job rather than sitting on your arse thinking your too good to stack shelves.
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
You're a hero tho Ben, I know that already mate.

It's hardly worth working at Tesco, blame the government. You can get housing, tax and benefits all paid for, you could work at Tesco full time, get none of that benefit and after paying those bits you're now not getting you'll have £30 at best to play with, oh and of course your precious dignity.

This is why the country is full of lazy, jobless, benefit claiming cunts.
Brett
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
If I found myself unemployed tomorrow I'd be grafting HARD.. If I had to go and be a spanner monkey I would do it in the blink of an eye!
Yeah great, doing what you do all the time. Take what you normally do, anything inside your comfort zone completely out of the equasion, there is no work doing that, just Tesco.

Like I said, I'm not defending these people, I can see both sides, like usual.
Gary
Premium Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I know a lad who went to college and got some A-Levels and CCNA certification and decided from there he wanted to be a network engineer somewhere.

Nobody in their right mind will take him on for obvious reasons, he needs experience and he isn't willing to start at the bottom in a helpdesk or tech support role so as a result he's been jobless for about 5 years now... every month that passes by his CV looks worse and worse.

Voulenteer or set up on his own, doing small jobs, that way he keeps his hand in
John

15th Feb 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I spoke to a guy from school about that recently, he's actually got some crap engineering degree but he's decided that IT must be easy. Went to night school and got a CCNA, basically never looked at a computer in his life and expects to get a support job.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think on the most part it's nothing more than jealousy. These people get to chill all day and do what they want on the most part, money permitting. I'd choose that over pride, which means jack.
John

15th Feb 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo, I've got so much stuff I'd like to read/watch /do if I had all day to do it. It shouldn't be possible to get away with it then we wouldn't have the issue at all.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Voulenteer or set up on his own, doing small jobs, that way he keeps his hand in

Yeah they're two options amongst many - but unless he gets gifted his "perfect job" he's not interested - and as a result is a complete waster.

Of course he makes excuses all day long like the guy in the BBC article - fact is he needs to go answer some phones on a helpdesk for a year or so, show interest in the network side of the business he's working for then take it from there. His CCNA is worth shit now, hell mine is worth shit even with 7 years of experience to go with it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben J

15th Feb 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was in that situation I'd be so fucking embarrassed that I was claiming benefits i'd do any job tbh.
pow
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't do it for any extended period of time though.

And you have to start at the bottom, I did, my first job was shit and the pay was even worse.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims" 23 database queries in 0.0160308 seconds