corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PPI Claim

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PPI Claim
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
7th Mar 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one claimed back there PPI? If so how do you go about checking if you have paid any and can claim? I've had 2 loan's & have 2 credit cards both loans paid off and both credit cards empty so how would i check?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have about 4 automated phonecalls a day for this

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
spencer88

7th Mar 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you took out the loans, were you asked about PPi?

Do you still have your loan details?
SXI - Matt

7th Mar 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't remember as was some years ago now, no longer have paperwork either :-/
Baskey

7th Mar 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have an honest case go for it, just ring your provider for details.

What's annoying is everyone I know who is claiming knew full well what they were signing up to.
N3CRO

7th Mar 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm considering claiming since I've had ppi on my credit card for years and don't remember being asked about it originally.
spencer88

7th Mar 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, as said contact your provider, they should still have the documents, although they may be archived so you may need to write to a different office sometimes.

Follow guidance on moneysavingexperts site, do it yourself and see if you get anything back.

For a 5k loan I got back near 1k and for my car finance I am looking at £800. So worth the effort.
Whittie

7th Mar 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have got back £800, but it was just before it happened. Went through the phone about it once. Think its May 2006 onwards, but cant quite remember.

Get around 3-4 calls a day, just glad i'm not home during daytime as it would annoy the hell out of me.
Nismo

7th Mar 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had about 4K back over the last few years by doing it.

just use the money saving expert guide.
Nismo

7th Mar 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my loads were from 2004 -2006
John

7th Mar 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you get a card in 2005, have paid PPI for the past 7 years, even when for the past few it's all over the news and here, and you suddenly think you must have been missold now
N3CRO

7th Mar 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit, yeah, its from 2004 onwards isn't it so I may have a claim. Hmm... I will have to investigate further.
Generation

Same people false claiming, will be moaning about banks and their money soon enough
N3CRO

quote:
Originally posted by John
So you get a card in 2005, have paid PPI for the past 7 years, even when for the past few it's all over the news and here, and you suddenly think you must have been missold now

Don't watch news or much tv for that matter. I've only recently seen the adverts on the tv about it.
richardworrall
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant understand how people dont check what they are signing for and read their paperwork. The amount of claims we get at our car dealers is a joke, money scrounging no hopers out to get anything they can. Some even claim it was missold even when it clearly states its been explained to them and they have the option to not have it, yet they have still signed for it. Complete farce!!!!
cunningham

7th Mar 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the process the now i tried on my own and got nowhere. Im using a company who take 25% of the final figure. I was sold the insurance under the fact i couldnt get the loan otherwise. Its my money and im entitled to it anaything back is better in my pocket imo
big eck

7th Mar 12 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought this was just for credit cards and mortgages???

I got a loan about 7yrs ago now and I got the payment protection thing. I lost my job and was unemployed for about 9 months, this was about 2yrs into the 4yr loan and the hassle I got when I went to use it was unreal. I ended up not using it in the end as I finally got another job but the amount of charges I got because I couldn't keep up with the payments was a lot.

Do yous think I have the means for a claim???
cunningham

8th Mar 12 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo Eck ive got 2 loans and 2 CC all payed off now. This company approached my banks and CC companys and asked for all the paper work, this got sent to me due to data protection act. I then forwarded them onto this company thats fighting the case on my behalf. Its in there intrest to get me the money or they dont get the 25% no win no fee and i dont have to do nothing its great. From the statements i read before forwarding them on im due about 1k if i can get 750 for doing nothing im happy. Thats a holiday right there.

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by cunningham]
adiohead

8th Mar 12 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 3 loans in the past. Have no idea if I paid PPI on 1 of them, can't remember who it was with either.
Nismo

8th Mar 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone knows what there signing for, but everyone and myself will jump on the bandwagon and get money back, The banks screw people customers over everyday, now its our chance to screw them over.
Baskey

8th Mar 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly screwing them over. It's widely reported that after the PPI claims are paid the banks are simply going to stop offering free accounts and apply large monthly charges to even the most basic of accounts. We will pay for it.

No different to large insurance rises due to false whiplash claims
Fonz
Premium Member

8th Mar 12 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
i have about 4 automated phonecalls a day for this

i normal tell them to jog on, however after a phone call with my bank i asked what my PPI status was...i have no PPI on any of my accounts.

so then next call i recieved i gladly answered their questions.....and were put out when i couldnt tell me how much PPI i was paying out a month because i didnt see it on my monthly statement!! she then said she couldnt help me out and that was the end of the conversation

what i did take from the process is: if it doesnt appear on a credit card statement, you dont have PPI on that account,

NB i with Nationwide.

big eck

8th Mar 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
Deffo Eck ive got 2 loans and 2 CC all payed off now. This company approached my banks and CC companys and asked for all the paper work, this got sent to me due to data protection act. I then forwarded them onto this company thats fighting the case on my behalf. Its in there intrest to get me the money or they dont get the 25% no win no fee and i dont have to do nothing its great. From the statements i read before forwarding them on im due about 1k if i can get 750 for doing nothing im happy. Thats a holiday right there.

[Edited on 08-03-2012 by cunningham]

Now that's very good news. It was with the Clydesdale bank at the time and the branch has now closed. Would this matter???
John

8th Mar 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even the fact that it's something people will get a company to do is a joke.

That's exactly the same lazy ignorance which stuck them with PPI in the first place.
Tom

8th Mar 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funnily enough I sent my old bank a letter about this yesterday, you don't even need to provide an account number or many details. They have to let me know within 6-8 weeks iirc. I just googled the bank and PPI and they had a page with instructions, don't know why anyone would use any of the dodgy companies tbh.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PPI Claim 23 database queries in 0.0187330 seconds