corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
28th Mar 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's (way....) early but so many rumours starting to pick up pace and a few deals preparing to be done over the next few weeks soooooooooooooooooo

Who do you think your club will buy/sell... who would you like to see and where do you think realistically needs strengthening?

BIG Summer again this year for Arsenal IMO... #1 priority is obviously to tie down RVP but I think this will be done by him seeing us bringing in players... (one line summary for non-AFC bummers at the bottom)

First off... to go - we MUST get rid of the following after failed attempts last Summer:

Almunia - will be released
Squillachi - will be released or sold for <£1m (big wages :/)
Denilson - sounding more than likely another full season loan @ Sao Paolo with c.90% wage contribution
Bendtner - sold if we can get c.£5m (big wages also - £50k :/)
Vela - pretty much a done deal to Sociedad where he is on loan

I expect also to see Arshavin and Chamakh head out and most likely Park too (although we had to pay an extra £2m now due to him missing SK army duty so cant see us takign the hit unless hes desperate to go) along with some youngsters - Lansbury (), Eastmond, Hoyte, Watt, Botelho, Ozyakup, Wellington (work permit issues IIRC), perhaps even Bartley. Wouldnt surpirse me if Fabianski and Mannone want to leave too, we have a superby young keeper in the ressies who is very highly thought of but has no experience at the top level so i we sold mooney, flappy and mannone then would ahve to bring someone in (ideally someone like a Cudicini or Sorenson type - happy to pick up money on the bench!)

We have a few youngsters set to either come into the first team on a more FT basis or go on season long Prem loans - Ignasi Miquel and Benik Afobe for sure, along with Pingpong when he resumes fitness

So the ins...

Forwards: well Podolski is pretty much a done deal which is superb but if we sell Bendtner along with Chamakh and/or Park then we are straight away short again (not of quality but numbers)... maybe Afobe to support but would suggest that Walcott may be deployed up front more often (not sure whether thats a good or a bad thing tbh!) + maybe Gervinho, otherwise we need some more support potentially.

Midfield: Wengers dilly dallying with Hazard over the past 2/3 years means no chance of signing him but tbh Mario Goetze looks even better... but now he has signed a new contract, so no new playmaker coming in. Tbh, with our recent resurgence in midfield led by Rosicky FINALLY being played centrally and with Diaby and Wilshere () still to come back in, at first glance we really dont need any more midfielders... we have Walcott, Gervinho and AOC for the wings (along with Rosicky, Diaby and Ramsay who can fill in) then Arteta and Wilshere (again, Rosicky, Diaby and Ramsay) for sat back CM then Song, Mr versatile Coquelin and Frimpong for DM then Rosicky, Ramsay, AOC and Diaby (with Wilshere or Arteta as spares) for CAM then we have a fairly decent supply of midfielders. Benayoun is likely to be signed on a permanent deal so we are kind of covered there and with decent players... but one cant help but think something is missing. No idea who we will go for but we are being strongly linked with Yann M'Vila from Rennes for £15m+ but hes mainly a DM so unless he plans to use Alex Songs unbelievable passing as more of an attacker in future, im not sure how that fits.

Defence: in theory, Squillachi out and Miquel in leaves us Sagna for RB (Kosciely and Coquelin as cover), Gibbs and Santos (with Vermaelen and Coquelin as cover) then Vermaelen and Koscielny as a very strong CB duo (who'd have thunked it) with Mertesacker as very able cover and Djourou and Miquel as spares. In theory, no change necy altho we missed so many players this year at varous points... now the Vertonghen rumours are really picking up pace whcih would be great but he is too good + too expensive to be used as utilty/sub so doesnt really make any sense

Interestign to note that the unit of Chesney, Sagna, Vermaelen, Kocielny and Gibbs (aka our starting/strongest back 4) have yet to concede a single goal this season

I really am mystified at what we will do tbh... Podolski def one, Goetze would have been another and maybe Vertonghen but it doesnt all stack up so god knows what Wenger will do but IMO, Podolski alone wont magically transform us into title contenders so im not sure what we do :S

Summarised version: shit players out, Podolski in, keep RVP and then im pretty much mystified if we wanna challenge for title
mwg

28th Mar 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really can't be bothered to read all that, Paul_J.
chrisritch

28th Mar 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the thread title to Arsenal Summer Transfer Thread.
Robbo

28th Mar 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I really can't be bothered to read all that, Paul_J.
i added a summary at the bottom for just such an occasion

Im sure Marc or stricky will be along soon to add a Utd post
strick206

28th Mar 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just read all that, anyone would think Arsenal have the strongest squad the world has ever seen reading that

Vertonghen is awesome, he would be a really good signing.

Robbo

28th Mar 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hence why i said im mystified as to what to do as Podolski alone wont magically turn us into title contenders

He is indeed but genuinely cant see us signing him under current circumstances
strick206

28th Mar 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, for United:

We need a new LB, Evra is a weak link now and he hasn't been the same since requesting to leave a year or two ago, we need to replace him, missed a trick with enrique IMO, not sure who else, would love leighton baines but no idea how old he is now. There is another player i think would be a good signing for us but forgotten his name

Evans looks to have improved this year giving us Vidic, Evans, Rio, Smalling, Jones, which isn't a bad group to pick from in CB. Could maybe sign one more because i'm not sure Jones will be a CB, more a CM, and Smalling may play RB, i really hope not because Rafael is brilliant and has been struggling the last few weeks because he is only getting the odd game, he needs to play regularly.

Midfield, we are again being linked with wingers, when we have plenty, we still need a CM, and my opinion has now changed to Hazard from Schneider due to age, wages, etc.

Linked with the two palace youngsters, Zaha and Clyne, i havent seen much of Clyne but Zaha looks great, and would be a good young player with bags of potential, whether he is capable of the step up i dont know.

Upfront, Berb is going, Owen will most likey go as well, which will leave us Welbeck, Hernandez and Rooney.

I would like to see us sign Demba Ba because the rumour is the buyout clause is very low, and for that price he would be a good option, providing his knee doesnt self destruct.

Summary:

I would like to see Baines, Hazard and Ba come in

With Macheda, Owen, Berbatov leaving

strick206

28th Mar 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Hence why i said im mystified as to what to do as Podolski alone wont magically turn us into title contenders

Surely if Kos is as good as you say you could play him and Vertonghen CB, with Vermaelen LB, and fuck Gibbs off?

Vermaelen is unbelievably good, would love him at united

[Edited on 28-03-2012 by strick206]
chrisritch

28th Mar 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would type out ours but would end like this:

mwg

28th Mar 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out: Berbatov, Owen & Macheda. Maybe Anderson too seen as he is always injured.

In: Modric and a goal scoring midfielder that can play in a traditional midfield and also just behind a lone striker. Wouldn't need to buy another striker that way either.

[Edited on 28-03-2012 by mwg]
mwg

28th Mar 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Which translates tp Queen Kenny and his klan of overpriced signings out
chrisritch

28th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Which translates tp Queen Kenny and his klan of overpriced signings out

Translates to what the fuck is Damien Comolli actually being paid to do?

strick206

28th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Out: Berbatov, Owen & Macheda. Maybe Anderson too seen as he is always injured.

In: Modric and a goal scoring midfielder that can play in a traditional midfield and also just behind a lone striker. Wouldn't need to buy another striker that way either.

[Edited on 28-03-2012 by mwg]

Forgot Modric, i'd be very happy if we got him as well, can't see spurs selling though TBH
mwg

28th Mar 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Harry leaves it could happen. Could be to Chelsea though!
strick206

28th Mar 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Translates to what the fuck is Damien Comolli actually being paid to do?

Spend a fucking fortune on average players alongside a clueless manager
Robbo

28th Mar 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Surely if Kos is as good as you say you could play him and Vertonghen CB, with Vermaelen LB, and fuck Gibbs off?

Vermaelen is unbelievably good, would love him at united

[Edited on 28-03-2012 by strick206]
Vermaelen is/will be world class IMO Our defenmce looks much better lately now we ahve some stability but it still needs more focussed trainign and discipline IMO

wrt playing TV5 (lol) out wide, the problem is we play an expansive wing based approach with Sagna and Gibbs and whilst Vermaelen can get up and attack well, is wing play just isnt there... hes either breaking down attacks or tryign to get on the end of balls, down the wing hea not so good. Gibbs has looked fanstatsic the past few weeks - really come into his own, if he can stay fit then maybe he will have a future afterall

technically i think Koscielny still needs a lot of work, i think having Vermaelen next to him helps him a lot but alongside say mertesacker or djourou, he still doesnt look spot on (yet)
strick206

28th Mar 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in that case bin Kos to the bench, and play Vermaelen alongside Vertonghen if he is signed? What is the problem with that?
Robbo

28th Mar 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos why sign vertonghen (big wages a syoung and nearly out of contract) when we already have koscielny, vermaelen, mertesacker and djourou... would be wengers logic and in this case, hard to change. vertonghen would need a bit of time to acclimatise imo and hes more of a luxury than a requirement. be very pleased to be wrong though lol

who do you guys genuinely think you may bring in as CM? Sneijder now that Inter are shit? Or go younger like Hazard, Rodwell etc etc

Surely will need more firepower upfront, or you thuink youll play more of a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 like us with just a main striker?
Robbo

28th Mar 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget one othe rplayer we had been heavily linked with but has quietened down lately, Matias Suarez from Anderlecht - on fire in the Belgian Superliga and also Europa League - would be a great alternative forward IMO but depend son Chamakh and Park going.

Heard a few things about his club and international teammate Luca Biglia as a cheaper alternative to M'Vila
strick206

28th Mar 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneijder is too old imo, was pushing it last year and i dont think there is any possibility that Fergie will sign him now, not with the wages he would want and the money it would cost, Hazard would be cheaper to buy, cheaper to pay wages too and is also considerably younger so there is potential for a return should he wish to move on in a few years. Obviously there is a long queue wanting Hazard

Rodwell will be a no IMO, we would have signed him a year or so ago or tried to do something when gibson went there
Robbo

28th Mar 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stump up the near £40m i think it may take and hes there for the taking... flirty bugger lol
mwg

28th Mar 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneijder has done nothing of note the past season apart from be injured.

Still think we should try to get Modric. One problem is if they go out and buy someone like him then you get people like Pogba thinking when am I supposed to get a chance now they've brought a big money name in? But at the same time he hasn't proved himself as a first teamer yet either so you can't not bring anyone in on the hope that he "might" come good. Because if he doesn't then you are in the shit
Steve
Premium Member

28th Mar 12 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneijder should have been last seasons signing, no point now
taylorboosh

28th Mar 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robbo i fucking hope we dont sign bentner of yous
chrisritch

28th Mar 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Sneijder should have been last seasons signing, no point now

So he could have sat in the united medical room?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer thread 23 database queries in 0.0141358 seconds