corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speeding

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speeding
cpcrampton

User status: Offline
11th May 12 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get stopped for speeding do you have to notify your insurance straight away that you now have points on you licence? or do you wait until renewal time?

Thanks
C
Jed D

11th May 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you haven't got point on your licence until you've sent it off for them. however it would be a good idea to inform them ideally

saying that though, you may get lucky and not get points, i got pulled for overtaking on a double white line... sent my licence off for the 3 points and £60 fine, paid the fine but the points didn't go on somehow. cock up or not i dont know, guess i was just lucky

what were you doing speed wise?
Matt L

11th May 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say renewal time as when I had a bump on a different policy I told my main insurance company but they said they didn't need to know until renewal time.

Can't hurt informing them most companies don't charge extra for 3 points
Jed D

11th May 12 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
most companies don't charge extra for 3 points

totally depends on the offence code mate

and isnt speeding 6 points or summit, depends how fast on what limit road and all that

[Edited on 11-05-2012 by Jed D]
JaffaTB

11th May 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I told mine at renewal time I had 6 points and my premium didnt even go up
cpcrampton

11th May 12 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was caught by a police man and a gun, doing 45 in a 30. Although that sounds bad and excessive its not. if anyone knows the area its in stirling between a gym and a cinema. its an urban clearway and at no point it states its a 30mph limit, the road looks like a national speed limit road. Every one was being pulled over it was a joke! they are only there to make a bit of coin fucking bastards.! i wouldnt be so pissed off it i got caught in a built up area or a town but this is just an open stretch of road in the middle of no where. Warning Police Cash Pot Ahead!
cpcrampton

11th May 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Instant 3 points and £60 btw.
kennySRi

11th May 12 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to explain why you did it, everyone knows that the police will stop on roads that people usually go over the limit on and they are usually stretches of roads from 30 to the national speed limit.

I would just wait until you renew and even then they shouldnt charge you extra for it.
BarnshaW

11th May 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it makes you feel better i got pulled doing well into triple digits the other day on an empty carriageway, I am now shitting myself about whats going to happen
SetH

11th May 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Michael Barnshaw!
BarnshaW

11th May 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont mate, he told me I went upto 140 and has it all on video , so fucked off with myself you would not believe.
Matt L

11th May 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
if it makes you feel better i got pulled doing well into triple digits the other day on an empty carriageway, I am now shitting myself about whats going to happen

Fro

11th May 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be doing all the driving I can if I were you
SetH

11th May 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dont mate, he told me I went upto 140 and has it all on video , so fucked off with myself you would not believe.

I have been north of that in Scoobs before so am not being hypocritical here and condemning you.

Seriously unlucky dude.

P.S did you get a copy of the video? does it have sound? I want to her full chat flat four and dumping sounds
BarnshaW

11th May 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unmarked R36 estate mate, my own self doing and he was pretty reasonable, i did ask if he would reduce it to a on the spot fine.

was werid though, said he had it on video and i asked to see it and he said no, didnt even ask me my name or anything or check my licence, could have stolen it for all he knew. nice to see they do check though.
djgritt
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm going to court in 12 days time for being caught by a Laser Trap at 126mph last month.

Looking at a likely suspension/ban for it, so off to seek advice from a Solicitor on Monday for many monies.
Liam-Wilko

11th May 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc you will be looking at a SP30 if oyur lucky as its down to the officers descresion to ether ban you for a short period as you were 15 mph over the limit or if its your first time you will get a driving awarness

ps thats what it was when i worked for insurance

sorry to hear that BranshaW but 140mph is bad your double the speed limit witch is a diqualifying offence and a re sit of ya test and can be a good few points

you will get done for speeding and danguras driving alone mate
BarnshaW

11th May 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know how you get on with that , i guess you are looking at 1k fine and 6-12 month ban? thats what im thinking aswell.
although i did read maximum that court can issue fines for on a dual carriageway is 1k and on a motorway its 2.5k
Liam-Wilko

11th May 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv never know anyone to get the max fine but know people to have done double the speed limit and have to resit there test like but with a big fine
SetH

11th May 12 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL ridiculous that you have to resit your test.

That does not teach you to not do 140mph does it
Liam-Wilko

11th May 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how long the ban is for as well
Ben G

11th May 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam-Wilko
iirc you will be looking at a SP30 if oyur lucky as its down to the officers descresion to ether ban you for a short period as you were 15 mph over the limit or if its your first time you will get a driving awarness

ps thats what it was when i worked for insurance

sorry to hear that BranshaW but 140mph is bad your double the speed limit witch is a diqualifying offence and a re sit of ya test and can be a good few points

you will get done for speeding and danguras driving alone mate

sorry but i thought spelling dangerous as danguras was quite funny

i didn't spit my cake out of my mouth like pow would though.
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
unmarked R36 estate mate, my own self doing and he was pretty reasonable, i did ask if he would reduce it to a on the spot fine.

was werid though, said he had it on video and i asked to see it and he said no, didnt even ask me my name or anything or check my licence, could have stolen it for all he knew. nice to see they do check though.

i dont think you will get anything, i think he saw but didnt have any proper evidence, eg a calibrated average check or whatever and just pulled you to scare you and teach you

usually they ask if you want to see the footage, they did with me anyway
BarnshaW

11th May 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers steve, I keep telling myself that and if its true it worked as i currently drive round the slowest subaru in south england
SetH

11th May 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he said drop to your knees and open your mouth and i'll let you off, would you?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » speeding 22 database queries in 0.0158551 seconds