corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Appreciation thread... BeArDy ... PVS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Appreciation thread... BeArDy ... PVS
pagey

User status: Offline
   12th Jun 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well a few of you may know, i took the corsa to pvs on sunday, was all geared up ready to give it some strip action...

1st run, going up through the gears engaged from 4th to third by mistake, engaged it into gear before fully releasing the clutch I dipped it straight away so revs didnt race. All of a sudden coming up the bridge at the end of the strip, no power. Coasted all the way round. Really wanted to see what times i could get as the car was running really well.

...Gutted, options at that point were tow the car out of pod and get AA to come.. surely they would love that plus the wait would have been forever. try and buy an inner CV joint and crack on with it get it put back together then back on the strip. I bumped into beardy he said straight away to have his CV off his twin engined corsa but later on as he was showing it etc.. I was amazed he'd even offered tbh.

Although i really appreciated his offer I wanted to see if i could sort something before getting him to take his project apart for me. I then trawled through every stand and spoke to different organisers etc.. see if anyone had what i needed. Nothing, so took beardy up on his offer, after he'd put his corsa on his trailor he came straight over and took over, got it all done and i got to drive home, having a bit of fun with a 200sx on the way back!

The point of this thread is that there arn't many people that would be prepared to wait to help someone out that was literally ''shafted'' and i think it deserves a mention. A while ago i had other issues which were fuel related which i just couldn't get my head round, gave him a call and he advised me what to try. As well as other members of the CS stand that stayed to help us out, people that are all willing to help if needed, there were people running all over the place for grease, extra tools etc...

So thanks all, and well done for the award!

Even though that happened, it was a great day and great weather. Was good to catch up with everyone.

I will update my project thread with pics etc.. if anyones interested
AndyCorsaSport

12th Jun 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some nice folk out there
fazza

12th Jun 12 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on that!

Brett
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he's a good lad, rescued me in the past a few times, but equally let me down as much.
Mr-SEH

12th Jun 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play sounds like a top bloke!
Ben G

12th Jun 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a legend. wish there were more people like him around.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was great tbh, I was saying to Shaun that I felt so bad for you for 1stly having the problem then it topped it off with the jack falling!

Glad it got sorted and Beardy and his boys really worked fast on it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
NathanR

12th Jun 12 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seemed a top bloke for doing that tbh !

Adam I got some photos of yours from the show , ill wait until you update your thread and ill put them in there for you . Car sounded amazing to , especially when I was following you to the show in the morning !
pagey

12th Jun 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, lol. Its times like that i thank god i kept the lower roll arb. Didnt touch the bottom of the bumper, just sat on the arb brackets either side. At first my head dropped and i was thinkin oh shit! Theres no more a mark on the brackets than when i go over speed bumps, il probly touch them in underneath! these things do happen though and im just thankful, a) It wasn't more serious
b) I was able to drive home happy!
bigron1988

12th Jun 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What shafts are you on , I always carry equal length ones a spares
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jun 12 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legend, got right on with it even without a full set of tools, amazing when it drove under its own power after a shaft change in a car park.
Nic Barnes

12th Jun 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suggested on the sunday had he known he'd have let me borrow a gearbox. only met beard a couple of times, always a decent bloke even if he still looks like he hasn't aged since he was 14
pagey

12th Jun 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mtec shafts Ben, stu rang u he said but you didn't have a cv with u
pagey

12th Jun 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, absolutely! when I saw him yesterday I thought exactly that, back in 2005 he looked the same!
bigron1988

12th Jun 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pagey
Mtec shafts Ben, stu rang u he said but you didn't have a cv with u

stu doesent have my number mate , like i said i always carry spare shafts just so you know in future mate
SteveoBC
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad you got it sorted pagey

saw it all unfold but didnt wanna go over and make things worse,

nothing more horrid than your car braking in a car park, infront of a crowd, good stuff you got home, what i nice man beardy is
pagey

12th Jun 12 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know what you mean Steve, stu, Greg etc.. Helped get it back to the stand, just thought fuck it do it here, a crowd did gather but a few of them were helping to b fair, I'm gonna have to go rwyb now to make up for a wristband with 3 tabs left on it!
pagey

12th Jun 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Ben I meant Greg, he said he'd asked u, oh well, cheers anyway mate was gonna stop u in the bus as u were leavin say hello coz I kept missing you, saw the car tho, awesome bit of kit and good times!
nathy_87

12th Jun 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to know there are some still decent people out there. Nice one Beardy.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you got it sorted. I locked my keys in my car at Trax once. Everyone helped break in

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Lee_fr200

12th Jun 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to beady, not many ppl like that these days
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Glad you got it sorted. I locked my keys in my car at Trax once. Everyone helped break in

I did the same at my first ever PVS Had about 10 people trying to get in

[Edited on 12-06-2012 by Mike]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a top job he did. His team took over and did a grand job. Deffo worth a mention Ad'.

Glad you got home ok anyways mate.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
connollygt30

12th Jun 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great sport
bigron1988

12th Jun 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pagey
Sorry Ben I meant Greg, he said he'd asked u, oh well, cheers anyway mate was gonna stop u in the bus as u were leavin say hello coz I kept missing you, saw the car tho, awesome bit of kit and good times!

no prob mate im sure ill meet you another time at pod hopefully i will be back there in the next few weeks

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Appreciation thread... BeArDy ... PVS 23 database queries in 0.0092118 seconds