corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay wind up again

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay wind up again
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Jun 12 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170860396312

Check the seller's feedback.

Seats went through at 411 and the guy wants 500

Now the previous winner is ruining the auction.

Is it me or is that guy being a knob, so he didn't get the seats, hasn't cost him any money to bid or any messing to be a bidder on a deal which didn't go through.

Don't get people who get pissed off what much when there's nothing really the matter. Same guy did it to me over a car I was selling for a mate, we fired the guy off and told him it was no longer for sale, he gave me stinking feedback, emailed me in a rage, loads of anger.

As a seller I've more sympathy for sellers.

Its happened to me a few times and I just think oh well, that wasn't to be. Bargains are nice but you can't expect to be on the right side of it every time.

Reserve just adds to the cost to list and discourages bidders. Just making Ebay richer for no reason.

[Edited on 17-06-2012 by Ian]
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jun 12 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checking, you're saying it's ok to list stuff, let the auction go through, then tell the highest bidder his bid isn't what you had in mind so the auction is off?
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jun 12 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not saying its OK, just don't think it warrants that much hate.

Its not ideal, but people get so angry over it.

Cost that guy nothing to be a bidder.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe not all out rage I guess, although it is annoying as hell. On exactly the same level as someone winning your item then not paying in my eyes. Bad feedback deffo warranted.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jun 12 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the same as winning then not paying, that costs you money in fees to re-list and time in that you don't have the money coming in when it ended. Plus if you don't get the dispute in handy the FVF comes out and you get a credit for it not real money back.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's ok for seller to break rules, but not buyers? Seems a bit wrong, fair is fair after all. Doubt I'm alone on this.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't start giving hate mail but bad feedback surely is warranted?
LeeM

17th Jun 12 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I won something and the guy told me he wanted more and relisted I'd defo do the same, probably the next time round
Auctions an auction, if you want £x then set a reserve. I've sold things for less than I would have liked
Jamie-C

18th Jun 12 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't go out of my way to annoy the seller over it but I'd certainly leave negative feedback. If I bid on something its because I want it, then to be told I'm not having I would piss me off. Certainly warrants negative feedback tbh.
Alex_Rally

18th Jun 12 at 05:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10k them seats are worth that all day long ...... i would have 2 sets at that price
Generation

18th Jun 12 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
If I won something and the guy told me he wanted more and relisted I'd defo do the same, probably the next time round
Auctions an auction, if you want £x then set a reserve. I've sold things for less than I would have liked

This
mantamark

18th Jun 12 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the whole point of an auction site.

Its not what the buyer wants for it(unless reserve set), its what people are willing to pay for it.

Ive had bids cancelled just before end then item went unsold before. If you want a set price, either set a reserve or sell in ad mag etc.
Fro

18th Jun 12 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once the auction ends it's deemed that the seller has accepted the offer from the buyer. Unless the reserve as been clearly notified.

If there is no reserve shown on the auction they have an offer and acceptance and are bound to sell. It's in the Sale of goods 1979 act also.

Could technically sue the auctioneer for the difference between what they won the seats for and the cost to buy some elsewhere.

(Might get a couple of marks in my exam today afterall )
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at the feedback

I won item for £411 but the seller said i cant have them unless i gave him £500

Member ID 78rhys ( Feedback score of 74)

17-May-12 20:13

&#9632;
Reply by leeboi*123 (14-Jun-12 15:29):
reserve price was not met although it was added. Informed buyer, poor attitude!!

looks like he put a reserve in text on the ad rather then setting it the proper way, probably to avoid the extra fees. Still a bit cheeky and id be pissed off too.

Annoys me also that these frp owners think there 2nd hand stuff is like gold dust, so many idiots paying stupid prices for stuff that simply isnt worth that, frp tax i call it
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I checked, it's not even written on the ad in text so that's a lie anyway. Only thing relating to the price is the question below which says he wants £620. Seller's a cock IMO, rules is rules. Can't expect people to follow them one way and not the other. This notion that it's justified when you'er a seller because money is involved (which you'd subsequently get back anyway) is daft.
stubs

18th Jun 12 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been in a similar situation before where I've won an auction on ebay and the seller then refused to sell at the price ebay stated.
It caused me to loose out on a similar item that ended moments after that one, for about the same price.
Plus, he was emailing me after the action so I could arrange collection, and waited till I turned up at his house before telling me he wanted more money.
When I tried to explain how ebay worked, he then said "oh, your item was lost... this one is another that I've listed at full RRP" even though I could see right then that he had no active listings.

I left him bad feedback, so he just closed his account and no doubt has another now.

I've also been on the other side, where by not listing an item with a reserve price, I've got nowhere near what I wanted for the item... but that's the risk you run and I just accepted the loss.

IMO if you want a certain amount, use the site correctly and set a reserve, or starting price. If the auction doesn't meet the reserve, then I guess people don't want pay that much at that moment in time.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I checked, it's not even written on the ad in text so that's a lie anyway. Only thing relating to the price is the question below which says he wants £620. Seller's a cock IMO, rules is rules. Can't expect people to follow them one way and not the other. This notion that it's justified when you'er a seller because money is involved (which you'd subsequently get back anyway) is daft.

£620 even for the idiots that pay over the odds for this shit is way too expensive anyway

iv seen people pay 800 quid+ for some second hand frp alcon 4 pots, that is ridiculous, you can get some brand new 6 pot wilwoods for 500
Ben G

18th Jun 12 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the seller is in the wrong here and deserves to have his auction ruined.

play by the rules and you'll be fine.
jmepamplin

18th Jun 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree Ben, the buyer is off a forum i run. The seller lied, and was greedy, and broke a legally binding contract. What did eBay do to resovle it? Probably just gave the seller his final value fees back again with free insertion.

Negative feedback will soon be a thing of the past according to the seller e-mail i got from eBay last month. So whats the point with feedback?

Good luck to the seller now. I bet he hit the roof when they was around £1k
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 12 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
It's in the Sale of goods 1979 act also.
Only in the case of business transactions, private sales are not bound in the same way.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 12 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must be on my own then.

Reserve on the auction is just more fees for Ebay.

There's nothing conceptually different between it ending and you saying you don't want to let it go, as it ending and Ebay saying just because you paid more money in fees, you now have the option to not let it go.

Whoever is bidding that other one up is a cock, get over it, cost you nothing to bid.
Anty
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 01:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont normaly have it as a 10 day reserve auction, i just need to sell these darn soft stars, plenty of watchers, no bids..

think i might just have to weight them in, at this rate..

[Edited on 19-06-2012 by Anty]
3CorsaMeal

19th Jun 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i auction all my stuff at 99p start and accept what it goes for.

Thats the idea of ebay imo, don't get sellers who moan when they don't get the price they wanted, sell it elsewhere in that case and stop ruining ebay
Baskey

19th Jun 12 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It costs nothing to bid however there are many other costs involve.

I won a car item on eBay. Took 2 days off work (1 for collection 1 for fitting) however the seller decided not to sell. 2 days off work lost me £200.

How do you know the winner of the seats didn't incur any costs?
noshua

19th Jun 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he didn't want to sell them for less than £500 he should have set a reserve price or had another account or mate bid up to £500.

Seller in the wrong in my eyes - if I had won something for £411 and the bloke tells me to pay £500 I'd neg feed him too.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay wind up again 22 database queries in 0.0152149 seconds