corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Braces as an adult

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Braces as an adult
A2H GO

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a couple of years saving and wanting to get my wedding out the way I've finally paid to have some long overdue braces fitted.

Got to go in and have two teeth taken out in advance, which meant I wansn't a suitable candidate for the Invisalign treatment.

I've gone for the Radiance(since there was only a small cost difference between these and the standard metal ones, apparantly similar to the ones Tom Cruise had.):

Looking forward to getting them on at the same time as I'm not. My teeth are a mess at the moment but I'm happy to post progress pics for anyone that might be interested.

luciaadr

18th Jul 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Mrs has just had 2 fitted. Shes very happy its getting done. Shes got ones like your pic.

I baulked at the cost, though everyones treatment is different
LeeM

18th Jul 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them years ago, ever since my teeth have been loose and over the years they've moved back to where they were and then got worse
Nath

18th Jul 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is this sort of treatment?
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm planning on getting that invisialign done when I finish renovating my house - its about £3k but that includes all visits to the dentist/hygeinist etc. in the time that you're wearing the brace.

I don't have bad teeth, just misaligned and I'm massively self concsious about it so need to sort them out
luciaadr

18th Jul 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what happened to her -^

Now they fit a permanent retainer behind your teeth once the main (front) brace has been removed i think, so it wont happen again.
JonnyJ

18th Jul 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My teeth are all over the fucking show. Should've had it done as a kid but i refused
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How longs she had them in luciaadr? Did she have to have any teeth out? Much pain?

Treatment cost varys massively dependant on location, reputation of orthodontist, severity of case etc.

[Edited on 16-01-2014 by A2H GO]
JonnyJ

18th Jul 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uh ho. This thread is heading to the Portfolio Departure Lounge. All aboard!
Nath

18th Jul 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
My teeth are all over the fucking show. Should've had it done as a kid but i refused

My parents bribed me with a PS1 game, that was literally a deal breaker for me But I didnt wear the retainer enough and my bottom teeth arent as straight as they should be.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
I had them years ago, ever since my teeth have been loose and over the years they've moved back to where they were and then got worse

My mrs is exactly the same, shes going back for a consultation to get them sorted again.

My treatment cost includes a retainer at the end to wear at night, a small price to pay after all the hassle of getting them sorted.
John

18th Jul 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are already married, what do you need to spend 5k on teeth for
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not spending 5K on teeth, that was for Invisalign.

Life isn't all about impressing the ladies(or guys before anyone says it ). If I wasn't spending it on my teeth I'd only be wasting it on a car or mac book air.
richc

18th Jul 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

This tbh
Jamie Walby

18th Jul 12 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Same as me. I don't have a toothy/gummy smile though so it doesn't bother me as no one ever sees my teeth anyway
Root

18th Jul 12 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, quit your job, get on the dole, get it done via NHS and then get job back. ??? Profit
James

18th Jul 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting braces in the next few months. I'm going for the Damon Clear braces. I'm about to change orthodontists though so I'm not sure how much it will cost, I'm expecting about £4500 though.

I've not seen these Radiance ones before, any idea what the difference is between those and Damon?
Jambo

18th Jul 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of getting it done also for the bottom set. Mine are terrible, getting worse also.

Also never needed to do anything as a kid as they where ok
noshua

18th Jul 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I looked at Invisalign or whatever it's called about 6 months ago, I would definitely prefer to have my teeth done before I ever got married.

The price doesn't bother me as, when I looked anyway, they do interest free finance and tbh it's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Fuck it, quit your job, get on the dole, get it done via NHS and then get job back. ??? Profit

A mate of mines Mrs works for an NHS dentist and he got his done for free, with a very short wait(unlike the usual couple of years). They only do the metal ones on NHS but wouldn't grumble for free.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:

The price doesn't bother me as, when I looked anyway, they do interest free finance and tbh it's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

I've paid a small deposit then then make a payment each visit(monthly) until the balance has been paid, all interest free.
A2H GO

18th Jul 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James

I've not seen these Radiance ones before, any idea what the difference is between those and Damon?

Not 100% sure, the Damon ones are mentioned quite a bit on the forums. Don't think they're as 'clear' as they make out on the website as they have a metal clip to hold the archwire(but think this is white now).
Kathryn W

19th Jul 12 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by Root

A mate of mines Mrs works for an NHS dentist and he got his done for free, with a very short wait(unlike the usual couple of years). They only do the metal ones on NHS but wouldn't grumble for free.

I asked to have mine done again - but apparently no can do as i'm over 16...

Would be interesting to see progress pictures

As others my teeth have just gone back to how they where before hand and are continuing to move as some mornings they're so sore
James

19th Jul 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can only use the NHS if it's causing you problems like struggling to eat stuff. If it's just for cosmetic reasons the NHS won't do it if you are an adult.
Ben G

19th Jul 12 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't think i could go through the hassle of braces in adulthood. was bad enough as a teen and getting ruined everyday in school for having them

i didn't use my retainer much when they come out and as such, have moved a tiny bit, but nothing to worry about.

so make sure you wear one after.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Braces as an adult 22 database queries in 0.0136628 seconds