corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mini Cooper S R53 *Wheels sent for Refurb, Springs ordered, small video as well!*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Cooper S R53 *Wheels sent for Refurb, Springs ordered, small video as well!*
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   13th Aug 12 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then, it's been a long time since i've done a Project Thread, but seen as i'll hopefully be keeping this one longer than the rest of my cars, i think it's about time i made some sort of evidence of any progress!

I've had it nearly 3 weeks now, and i've been loving driving it, even if it is a little heavy on fuel! Averaging between 25-26mpg so far.

It's an 05 plate and had just less than 66000 miles on the clock when i picked it up.

A short list of the spec:
Full Leather
Climate Control
Cruise Control
Chilli Pack
Chrome Pack
Alpine Headunit with iPod Connection
Multifunction Steering Wheel
Xenon's

It's always been looked after, serviced every year or 10k miles and always kept clean! He gave me a big folder of old invoices, MOT's and service work as well.

The car was completely standard apart from the JCW Style Cat Back Exhaust, which sounds great in my opinion.

Only stuff i've done to it so far is the Genuine Mini Sport Stubby Ariel which i bought off my mate for £5, a bargain i think! I've also fitted a K&N Panel Filter and given it some new Bosch Super Plus Spark Plugs.
I also gave it it's first proper wash after 2 weeks, which included a couple of layers of Collinite 476s which is working well so far!

I've provisionally bought a set of 17" Speedline Corse Turini's freshly refurbished in Anthracite, hopefully picking them up in a couple of days!

Other than that i'm hoping to get a Dave F airbox, smaller supercharger pulley, GRS Motorsport Intercooler and a Remap! I'd also love some JCW front seats or some Recaro's the same as the Corsa VXR's but they're a bit out of the price range right now!

[Edited on 23-01-2013 by Norcy91]

[Edited on 07-02-2013 by Norcy91]

[Edited on 22-03-2013 by Norcy91]

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Norcy91]
N7 THD

14th Aug 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The turini's look stunning, but them and get them on!
Norcy91

14th Aug 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not getting the Turini's anymore unfortunately my aux belt and tensioner need doing and I can't afford the wheels on top of that! So I'm afraid the wheels will have to be delayed for a short while. Might get some decent coilovers before I make a decision on other wheels.
SimonTW

15th Aug 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick the 17% pulley on it while the tensioner is being done. It will make it so much more fun to drive even without the other bits!

Also head over to www.minitorque.com if you haven't already!

[Edited on 15-08-2012 by SimonTW]
Seany

15th Aug 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm selling my 16% kavs pulley and a grs motorsport intercooler with colder plugs and smaller belt, all brand new.
Make me an offer buddy
Norcy91

15th Aug 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
I'm selling my 16% kavs pulley and a grs motorsport intercooler with colder plugs and smaller belt, all brand new.
Make me an offer buddy

Yeah i saw it for sale on Mini Torque, i'd love the whole kit if i had the money for it right now! It's basically all the parts i'm looking to get as well
Seany

15th Aug 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's always the case mate, try to buy something and something else breaks
I could split if you were really interested? I'd rather sell to someone on here tbh
Give us a shout with an offer mate you never know
Norcy91

15th Aug 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a think mate! I'm not sure collecting it would be viable though it's only a 400 mile round trip
Norcy91

6th Sep 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brand New Dave F Airbox on order! Working on sorting out a KAVs pulley kit, then maybe a remap afterwards!
N7 THD

6th Sep 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those Dave F boxes make a big difference! Nice work!
andys sxi
Premium Member

6th Sep 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they heavey on petrol how many miles do you get to £20?

April 08 feature car
Norcy91

6th Sep 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly heavy for a small car I've never put as little as £20 in, usually just run it down to the red light and fill it back up! Costs about £70 to fill a tank and get just short of 300 miles to a tank, think the computer says i'm doing just over 25mpg

I don't really do much steady driving and haven't done any long journeys since i got it though. People have told myths of reaching the 30s on a run!
Ben G

6th Sep 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worse than my 3.0
Norcy91

6th Sep 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's not great is it!

I start back at college on Tuesday, so thats a 45 mile round trip on the A1, might be able to give a more 'Combined MPG' then!

No doubt it'll get lower with a Dave F, KAVs pulley and a remap
Seany

7th Sep 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can only get 60 quid in mine from empty, it does get up to 38mpg on long motorway runs however nipping around its regularly under 18.
60 quid lasts me a week of mixed driving doing around 250 miles. I'm not a very slow driver though
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point me getting one if there bad on petrol

April 08 feature car
Norcy91

8th Sep 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
I can only get 60 quid in mine from empty, it does get up to 38mpg on long motorway runs however nipping around its regularly under 18.
60 quid lasts me a week of mixed driving doing around 250 miles. I'm not a very slow driver though

Could do with you sending me some of your cheaper petrol then!
Norcy91

23rd Jan 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I haven't updated this is ages!

Overall it's the same as it was when i first got it, apart from i've hit 71k miles

Oh, and it's got a Dave F Hybrid Air Intake as well! Which makes an awesome noise

I'm booked in at Mad4Mini next Friday for an Alta 15% Reduced Pulley Kit.

I've been trying to get my hands on an OBX Stainless Manifold from the States, it's pretty much an exact copy of the Supersprint Manifold but it costs £200 instead of £600 They're like rocking horse shit though!

Then I just want to lower it a little bit, get some HEL Braided Brake Hoses, some sticky tyres and give it a decent valet when the weather dries up a bit!

Got my tax to pay at the end of this month, and my insurance is due in March, so the bank balance is taking a bit of a hit lately!
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed this.

Nice colour, not a fan on the stripes/white roofs.

Mrs' still doesnt want to mod hers I got her a private plate at xmas and persuaded her the wheels need refurbish as one is cracked, the Turini's would have looked minted on it!

Edit - She rarely drives hers hard and is getting great MPG.

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by Archie]
Norcy91

24th Jan 13 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't been overly keen on the white parts, but it's grown on me, most that I see in the same colour as mine either have a grey or black roof, I've thought about getting it wrapped at some point.

Highest MPG I've had is 29, taking it very steady, that came right back down when I hit country roads though
SimonTW

24th Jan 13 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive mine fairly hard (whenever there is a quiet stretch it just gets floored lol) and do mostly commuting through town traffic lights and always get mid 30s. I got 42 on a trip from Lancs to London once. I find mine good on fuel but as I rack up 350 miles a week it is pretty expensive to run compared with the Nova. A full tank brimmed will alway get me at least 330 miles.

My mods are 17% pulley, jcw injectors, milltek manifold and cat, grs cooler, newman cam, jetex exhaust, altra v2 air filter surround with jetex cone.
Map is standard as it drives so well and is quick but econmical I have never seen the need to change it. Had the car 4 years now and done 50k in it taking mileage to 98k and its never missed a beat.

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by SimonTW]

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by SimonTW]
Norcy91

24th Jan 13 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you manage mid 30s with all those mods!? I get about 280 miles to a tank of Shell V-Power, which I used every week.

I hope mine gets more MPG with more mods, then they'll slowly pay for themselves!
SXI - Matt

24th Jan 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only used to get mid 20's so does every one else I know, not doubting you Simon but mid 30's & 40's with all those mods I find hard to believe, try working it out manuely not off the on board computer
SimonTW

24th Jan 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know maybe the mods have something to do with it. I had a friend with a standard Cooper S and hers was around the same kind of MPG you are getting. I always run mine on Tesco Momentum.
SimonTW

24th Jan 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is calculated based on fuel delivered in the fill from the reciept. Stopped at first click off with no top up so the fill level is always around the same point then worked out from the miles on the trip computer.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Mini Cooper S R53 *Wheels sent for Refurb, Springs ordered, small video as well!* 24 database queries in 0.0157559 seconds