corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Something a bit different

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Something a bit different
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Aug 12 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a thread in here as I don't own a house. But I do have a pub! Owned 50/50 with a friend of mine.

This is a photo taken a good few years back but it essentially looks teh same apart from some minor changes

Not got that many photos of before or after but here are what i do have...

The 3 main rooms to the place, before, obviously

All the fixed seating has been retrimmed, all furniture replaced, new carpets, lighting, decor in general.

I'll get some after pics of the rooms when i remember.

My favourite part of the pub is the bar. It had been installed a number of years ago but had been neglected since. Most of it just needed a good clean but the actual bar top had been varnished over and over again, which looked awfull. I stripped the bar top back to bare wood, sanded back to a as perfect finish as i could get out of it, then re stained and laquered.

Unfortunatly i dont have any before pics (might be some lurking on its old bookface accoutn maybe but this is after a stain and a 3rd/4th coat of laquer...

All stained up ready for a clean...

And finished, stocked up ready to go!

I'll add some more up to date photos next week
RichR
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome, I wish I had more photos of the Pub I helped to renovate; the 8ft cellar was 7ft deep in water and sludge and all of the ceilings had fallen in when the guy bought it. Looks good though and functional shaped bar. Straight bars are a pita to work behind.

No Optics? Do you use thimble measures or bottle neck measures?
Gary
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thimble. Hate optics.

Would free pour but need to test the staff all the time to comply with weights and measures.

The bar is good to be behind. Plenty of space, but needs to be that shape really becasue of the size and shape of the place.
RichR
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be turning barrels over well for 6 real ales? We used to have 2 regulars and 2 guests on which was about the limit, anymore and we'd have been throwing stuff away
Whittie

17th Aug 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality mate, starting to get busier now?

You need to do a progress thread with your other pub too tbh.

Gary
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were down to 4 now, 6 was just for the opening.

The far left and far right are going to the same fount as the rest of teh bar and are getting Guiness and Cafferys on. Didnt want to stock Guiness or a keg bitter but we're getting asked so needs must!
Gary
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Quality mate, starting to get busier now?

You need to do a progress thread with your other pub too tbh.

[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189379_10150107766756922_998327_n.jpg[/im]

Will you fuck off with that photo
RichR
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you do food too?
Gary
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We do indeed. Kitchen is sub-let.
Dom

17th Aug 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This out towards Birstall/Brighouse way? Sure i recognise the place.

Looks good though

What's up with the other place? Looks a bit screwed with a tree hanging out of it
Gary
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were just out of brighouse. Next to heartshead.

Where you from dom?

Last winter when we had bad winds it took a 40/50ft tree down which ended up in the pub
Dom

17th Aug 12 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Live down south but use to be at Hudds Uni. Place rings bells from the numerous random drives

Guessing the other place is all sorted now though?
Gary
Premium Member

17th Aug 12 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah was sorted straight away. Little damage apart from the window.
nathy_87

18th Aug 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome. Looks like a good start Gary. Will love to own a pub, even for a little bit.
noshua

18th Aug 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a mate was talking about ever owning a pub one day, I came to the conclusion that if I owned one and business slowed down, I'd be sat in there, probably pissed, depressed knowing people are going elsewhere.

Looks good though! Previously looked very much like a local mans man pub, any refurbished pictures?
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill get some Monday.

Pubs are good if you know the business. There's just too many people out there who think they can just open the doors and folk will just come in
RichR
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem is there are too many people miss sold the dream to ' make a difference to your local, you run it'. Not realising just how much work goes into it, especially when firms like punch take the piss with rent, fixtures rent, tied in deals etc
Lee_fr200

19th Aug 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you need any fruit machines, pool tables or jukebox mate, we have been going for over 20 yrs and are far cheaper than anyone else and offer quality equipment and service
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have an 'it box' but that's going. Next week.

Who do you work for?
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I think the problem is there are too many people miss sold the dream to ' make a difference to your local, you run it'. Not realising just how much work goes into it, especially when firms like punch take the piss with rent, fixtures rent, tied in deals etc

Exactly. Punch, enterprise etc have ruined so many pubs.
Ben J

19th Aug 12 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punch are fucking cowboys!

Pub looks nice mate.

[Edited on 19-08-2012 by Ben J]
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers
Lee_fr200

19th Aug 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
We have an 'it box' but that's going. Next week.

Who do you work for?

I work for carousel coin, I must say they certainly are the best out there for machines and customer service and cracking rents too or a profit share deal usually 50/50

Do all Yorkshire down south and up north, all fruit machines, quiz machines pool tables and jukeboxes

If you give u2u me the pubs address I will send you a leaflet through

Company number is 0800 043 9951

Office hours are 9am-9pm 7 days a week with same day service 364/5 days of the year apart from Xmas day

[Edited on 19-08-2012 by Lee_fr200]
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've only just chamged at the other pub but will always look if you can do a better deal
laingyla

19th Aug 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome !!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll