corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » De-Register Your Car, What do you think?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author De-Register Your Car, What do you think?
.Matt

User status: Offline
26th Aug 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was bored and surfing youtube, came across this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dPcLf8-kY&feature=relmfu

What do people make of it?

[Edited on 26-08-2012 by .Matt]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Aug 12 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an interesting concept. In fact listening to him talking about being responsible for damaging stuff, I'd probably rather be in the system.
JordyCarter

26th Aug 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really get it. Surely if you got pulled over some sort of action would be taken?
.Matt

26th Aug 12 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed it is, if you read the link in his description from the DVLA, it refers to "Driver" where as he stats that he is not a "Driver" and therefor the law does not apply to him.

I'm curious to find if this is infact a loop hole in there system.
tom130691
Premium Member

26th Aug 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awkwrd bastard

im sure if it caught on everything would be reworded to avoid the "loophole"

not convinced
.Matt

26th Aug 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
I dont really get it. Surely if you got pulled over some sort of action would be taken?

They could not really do anything..

As far as my understanding off common law, you would have to be doing something illegal for them to seize his private property. Where as the car would not be registered by the dvla and he is not a driver, they can't in force the laws against him.

They couldn't take or remove his car as it would be theft.
ryzer

26th Aug 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A load of old rubbish, he would be arrested, thrown In Front of the courts and be royally bummed.
John

26th Aug 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got bored of that after a couple of minutes, what a lot of shite.
JaffaTB

26th Aug 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet he always uses "its cos im black'" in arguments with people in authority aswell
Bonney

26th Aug 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like his way of thinking.

Makes me wander how many things nowadays are worded wrongly, As in everyday things tat nearly all of the public do?
hoppydan

26th Aug 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watching a video of him when he has been pulled over... saying he has no name or address and saying he does not know his date of birth
basicaly saying so much that it just confuses the police oficers
midlandvauxhalls

26th Aug 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFE7qpFq-G4&feature=relmfu
hoppydan

26th Aug 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by midlandvauxhalls
same guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFE7qpFq-G4&feature=relmfu

ecactly what i am watching lol
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Aug 12 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So as suspected, he still gets dealt with in the same way, car seized, arrested etc. but he won't be able to get his car back (due to lack of documents) until he goes to court and is proven innocent, at which point the car will have most likely been crushed, then he'd have to go to court again over the matter of the police 'stealing' and crushing his car.

Oh, plus the third court appearance to try and get his 20 grand payment for getting out of his car

I don't know, maybe the numbers do actually work in the end but as I am a 'driver' in the legal sense anyway, I'll stick with the seemingly much more hassle free option.
Welsh Dan

27th Aug 12 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a loophole, this freeman of the land nonsense is bollocks.

He's basically relying on his interpretation of common law, and assuming that common law is the only law that applies. The RTA and various other acts and statutes still apply, so he'd still get his car taken, still get reported and when they wind up the judge by asking who appointed them, get a few weeks for their trouble.
Gaz

27th Aug 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've watched a few of these types of video's over the past year where "Common law" is used to defend their understanding of written law.
Although he has found a loophole, and he is technically right, if everyone did this then we would be fucked over.
These people are so two faced it's unreal, they will spout shit to police about their indepth knowledge of the law and how and why it doesn't apply to them however as soon as they have a confrontation from someone who is going to hurt them, they cry away and ask for help from such things as the police.

Systems are created to cater for the majority, E.G the DVLA, it won't suit or be popular with some people but it does the best possible job for the greater good of the public.

In response to his "I accept full liability" when involved in a crash, this would only be worth anything in a written contract which I would bet my last £1 he hasn't got prewritten in the event of a crash. So these slippery kinds would tel you to take them to court and then as it's Common Law and the public own the common laws as they agree for them to be enforce, he would simply say he doesn't agree with the aledged accident.
Gaz

27th Aug 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are 3 parts to the below video, but number two shows just the lengths of how much they have read and interpreted "Law"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-euzvhj28&feature=relmfu
Eddie.2k

27th Aug 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like where he says the authority agrees with what he has sent them, then later on he says when i say they agree with me they have not come back and denied, they have just stayed silent
Gaz

27th Aug 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for me, it's the cockyness of the approach, but when the police decide enough is enough then he become sheepish.
Welsh Dan

27th Aug 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a loophole though. Stupidity is not a defence.
ed

27th Aug 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just pick and choose what laws you want to abide just because you can word something in your favour. I'm sure when he ends up in court he wont be feeling so smart.
baza31

28th Aug 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the idea but couldn't be bothered with the agro if anything was to happen. Although I do think the cost of motoring is ridiculous , from the stupidly high fuel tax to increasing cost of insurance and so on. Basically the only choice we have is if we want to drive is to pay it . I do like the idea of being able to go alone and do your own thing but you would soon get financially punished
pow
Premium Member

28th Aug 12 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£20,000 for stepping out the car
pow
Premium Member

28th Aug 12 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cunt should be thrown in prision for wasting police time. Stupid idiot
Andy Stocker

28th Aug 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would he still have to mot his car?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » De-Register Your Car, What do you think? 22 database queries in 0.0307419 seconds