corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In a bit of a quandry.....///M content

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In a bit of a quandry.....///M content
colonel_g

User status: Offline
29th Aug 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, me and the fiance have been together for over a year now, engaged for 3 months, things are going great. So much so that we are planning a baby. Clearly even if she falls pregnant anytime soon the actual baby is still a while off.
My dilema is this... We currently have my motorbike which is my only form of transport and an 06 rav 4 which fucking sucks.
I have been hankering for an ///M for a long time now and im in a good enough position to be able to get one.
I have around £8000 which would be more than enough to get me a fairly decent one im sure. The problem is we also have a staf and if the dog needs to go anywhere then its me that always takes it in the rav. Thats fine as the car is a cunt. If i then buy an m3 we will fuck the rav off and my mrs will use the ///m day to day and i will use my bike.
But, i really dont want the dog fucking up a nice car and also, if she falls pregnant anytime soon then the m3 will before long, become a pain in the arse.
So, my other option is an e60 525d m sport touring, i have found a really nice one that the dog can stay in the boot, mrs can drive and plenty of room for baby in the back.

Im after some non ///M biased advise on what to do, i haven't been able to make up my mind for ages
Phil W

29th Aug 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice E46 330 or E39 530 Touring?!

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Phil W]
BarnshaW

29th Aug 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty pointless getting an M3 if you got a baby and a dog?

E39 M5 imo.
Colin

29th Aug 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baby will come round quick mate I'd forget about an m as it's not going to work well at all with a newborn and a dug, well it could but it wouldn't be enjoyable. What about a b5 rs4 avant?
colonel_g

29th Aug 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my mind always sways to the more practical option. E39's are too dated, and i literally just sold my b5 avant. Again, for the money i want something a bit fresher looking
chrisritch

29th Aug 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy on old beige Nova with a LET
MatthewR

29th Aug 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x5? best of both? if u want a beemer of course
Whittie

29th Aug 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR

I wouldn't buy one of them, if they fuck up, its in spectacular style.
Eck
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR

An X5 is an ideal solution?
I'd say 330d and remap!
Toby
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be daft to commit espically the uncertainty of expense of a child etc looming.

I would spend a little less and save the rest for a rainy day.

£6k would get you an nice e46 msport of some description.
Colin

29th Aug 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah keep in mind the cost of the baby mines cost about 4k already and she's not even here yet

Also your OH wpnt be working for a while. Mines got a good maternity package but still goes down to statutory maternity pay of £120 a week for around 3 months so I'll be supporting us all.

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Colin]
colonel_g

29th Aug 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can get this for 6k.
http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201234482829987/usedcars?logcode=visc
that leaves 2k extra to put away. we already have a fair bit saved up for house etc. thinking this is probably the way forward. cheap to run, looks nice and modern and space for the dog. maybe a cheeky map too

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by colonel_g]
redtom

29th Aug 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great idea... buy my m3
Graham88

29th Aug 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Cole

29th Aug 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Yeah keep in mind the cost of the baby mines cost about 4k already and she's not even here yet

Also your OH wpnt be working for a while. Mines got a good maternity package but still goes down to statutory maternity pay of £120 a month for around 3 months so I'll be supporting us all.

4k already wtf on what how
Phil W

29th Aug 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/mondeo-st/mondeo-st220-estate/705460

Or if you're fussy about fuel consumption...

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/mondeo-st/ford-mondeo-2-2tdci-155-st-5dr/692838

?
Jay

29th Aug 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:

Also your OH wpnt be working for a while. Mines got a good maternity package but still goes down to statutory maternity pay of £120 a month for around 3 months so I'll be supporting us all.

Was just thinking that and i've got a 5 month old who wants for nothing and probably havent even nearly spent £4k on her

I think an M3 would be fine, I've got a GS300 and its a pain in the arse cause the seat belt isnt long enough to fit round the car seat, its much easier to put the seat into my brothers Golf R32 than it is in the 4 door lexus, aslong as theres room in the boot for a pram your fine!

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Jay]
colonel_g

29th Aug 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sold my st220 about 3 months ago. no good at all for me really, was lovely but shocking on fuel. diesel st is nice but for same money i can have the 5 which i think is nicer looking
James

29th Aug 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Just came in here to post that
Colin

29th Aug 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:

Was just thinking that and i've got a 5 month old who wants for nothing and probably havent even nearly spent £4k on her

I think an M3 would be fine, I've got a GS300 and its a pain in the arse cause the seat belt isnt long enough to fit round the car seat, its much easier to put the seat into my brothers Golf R32 than it is in the 4 door lexus, aslong as theres room in the boot for a pram your fine!

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Jay]

Nursery furniture and pram alone was 2.5k

Everything else, baby walker, sanitizer, bouncy chairs, hard chair, rocking chair, high chair..........etc etc

Then loads & loads of clothes from newborn up to 18 months & stuff like nappies, wipes & lotions. Were well stocked but its been money out non-stop.
Jay

29th Aug 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right that makes more sense you've bought stuff she won't need yet, Can see where £4k has gone, just our pram and car seat etc was £900+
Balling
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by colonel_g
diesel st is nice but for same money i can have the 5 which i think is nicer looking
But will the BMW not also be considerably more to repair?

kennySRi

29th Aug 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be able to get an E60 530d msport for that budget and will be a much better choice than an M3.
Jambo

29th Aug 12 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt worry about a dog in the car unless he eats the shit out of everything, took my dogs in my Z3 and my E46. Towel over the seats jobs a good un. Its just a saloon car!

pow
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E46 or E39 M Sport tbh

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In a bit of a quandry.....///M content 23 database queries in 0.1842599 seconds