corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » norovirus

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author norovirus
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
4th Oct 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else had this recently? been in bed last 2 days unable to move, sickness, the shits the lot. apparently doing the rounds big time?

had quite a weird experience on it last night as I actually was hallucinating which was weird.
Shell
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it once. I will say no more
Just make sure you drink plenty fluid and take some paracetamol to bring your temp down because at a guess, I'd say it's a fever making you a bit loopy.
Russ

4th Oct 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hallucinating is a great reason to ring in sick

"cant come in today i'm being chased by a dragon"
Steve
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always seems to poke its head up at this time of the year
Steve
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the good thing about norovirus is although it comes quickly and gives severe symptoms, its self limiting and usually goes away after 48hrs
Ben G

4th Oct 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had something like that with exactly the same symptoms a few months ago.

somehow i actually went into work, god knows how.
Hammer

4th Oct 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got something just now and I am honestly absolutely fucked. Thought it was food poisining and then I came home and 2 other folk in my house were off and lieing ill on the couch.
BarnshaW

4th Oct 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like this hammer, first night i was sick 7 or 8 times through the night, then the shits, now stomach cramps, hot then freezing cold and just literally completely drained of any energy, not moved in 2 days, not eaten a single thing since Tuesday lunchtime
Hammer

4th Oct 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is exactly what I have. Never slept at all last night, doubled over with cramps, went into work despite feeling fucked. Went from absolutely freezing to folk asking me if I was ok as my face was bright red. Not ate anything since yesterday dinner time and don't feel like it either.

Hate being off work as well but I wouldn't be able to drive in this state.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your shivering cooling yourself down will make you feel warmer as odd as that sounds
pow
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it about this time last year, working with kids I tend to pick up a fair amount of the snotty nosed crap
pow
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be over it quicker than you think barndoor, I just kept my fluids up and was having like 4 showers a day to keep myself feeling sane!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news lads is that it doesnt get any worse, you'll be ok soon. It feels like hell and it will never end but it will.
Hammer

4th Oct 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually got emotional there in between shaking like a Michael J Fox impersonator. Thanks Willay.
JamesMc

4th Oct 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this in the summer i just took 3 out of date Brufen Retards with 4 espresso with about 3 lozenges a hour still struggled.
Shell
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 06:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gents, seriously, paracetamol! Not ibuprofen if you're vomitting, it'll give you a sore stomach. It'll bring your temp down, it's the reason you're rattling one minute and menopausal the next.

[Edited on 05-10-2012 by Shell]
Lee_fr200

5th Oct 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had it for 2 weeks last year and oh my god I thought I was dying! Was sick or first 2 days then constantly at the toilet every couple of minutes with the shits after 2 week I was that dehydrated I went on and paracetamol and it seemed to clear up
SetH

5th Oct 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the virus that is spread by faceal contamination? effectively dirty cunts that do not wash their hands after having a shit in public?

I had something similar after a night out clubbing last year. Being in close proximity to aforementioned disgusting cunts.
andy1868

5th Oct 12 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking nightmare, i think i could honestly say i wouldn't wish it on anyone.
JamesMc

5th Oct 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
Gents, seriously, paracetamol! Not ibuprofen if you're vomitting, it'll give you a sore stomach. It'll bring your temp down, it's the reason you're rattling one minute and menopausal the next.

[Edited on 05-10-2012 by Shell]

True but i was high as a kite so wasnt to fussed as the Espresso's done their job.
BarnshaW

5th Oct 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went into work today and wish i didnt now, felt alright this morning but not been ablt to stomach anything all day, the slightest of things are annoying me aswell, someone on their deskphone on loudspeaker so the whole office can hear and they dont need to be.

what a horrible cunt of a bug it is
Ben G

5th Oct 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Is this the virus that is spread by faceal contamination? effectively dirty cunts that do not wash their hands after having a shit in public?

I had something similar after a night out clubbing last year. Being in close proximity to aforementioned disgusting cunts.

please don't tell me you touch door handles with your bare hands?

i always used a bit of tissue in work. theres one dirty bastard called Mr Dead who has a shit then walks straight out to eat his sandwiches
Gary
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only a bit of poo
BarnshaW

5th Oct 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr Dead
pow
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a real thing about touching toilet door handles/locks/flushes/taps/soap dispencers.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » norovirus 22 database queries in 0.3437519 seconds