corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you believe in God?

Poll: Do you believe in God?
Yes 9 (9%)
No 82 (82%)
Other (please state) 9 (9%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you believe in God?
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
28th Oct 12 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If yes - why?
If no - why?
davegreen
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 06:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if god realy did create the world why would he stand by and watch it destroy its self? i customise cars for fun but wouldnt let it get destroyed after all my hard work just try to make it even more prefect. some parts of the bible are beliveble and understandable where as other parts are just wrong. i belive in karma, do good things and good things happen. works for me.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no- its made up
Ben G

28th Oct 12 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, it's made up for people who want to believe things happen for a reason and to try and explain deaths or natural disasters.

i have no problem with people believing in a god, but you get these stupid cunts banging on doors on a sunday trying to force you to believe in something that can't be proven true.
Cavey

28th Oct 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I believe in science.

However I'm not against people who believe in god, its good that they have something to believe in, they're just wrong.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 07:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stephen Hawkings believes in God; apparently a higher entity is the only way he can explain immediately before the Big Bang
Toby
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
No, I believe in science.

However I'm not against people who believe in god, its good that they have something to believe in, they're just wrong.

Agree with this pretty much though:
- something pretty special must have happened 2000 years ago for it to be recorded as a bench mark for dates etc and for their to be so many consistent stories about one man regardless of how adapted and adjusted they have been over time, for people to take advice, relief and guidance from years and years ago, that's either the biggest con of all time or something happened, son of god though, questionable.
- if there is a god, why do we have so many different religion's that then wrote each others theories off as if they are incorrect. Again slight adaptations on the their, their being other religions, version of events, but not completely different as they tend to be.
- how did we evolve from monkeys yet their are forms of monkeys that exist today? why did they not evolve like us? Also why do other animals not evolve as well, or at least to the extent we have?
mantamark

28th Oct 12 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What he said
Winemaker

28th Oct 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
What he said

This.
ed

28th Oct 12 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The irony is its very un-scientific to say something categorically does/doesn't exist.
Ben G

28th Oct 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
- how did we evolve from monkeys yet their are forms of monkeys that exist today? why did they not evolve like us? Also why do other animals not evolve as well, or at least to the extent we have?

watch a few evolution shows, it tells you all about it.

i can't exactly describe it but it shows you how different kinds of the same species go on a different evolution route.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am a believer. This will sound strange to many but i've had several supernatural experiences with God personally, and witnessed many miracles with my own eyes so for me it would now take more faith for me to not believe in God because i'd have to explain away what i'd seen and experienced.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Gaz

28th Oct 12 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, for the same reason's above really. Science is a much stronger argument and can actually provide evidence to back up it's theories. God has one thing and one thing alone - the bible.

I also, in some odd link, beleive that there wasn't witches when, in the olden days, they had witch hunts and drowned people who in theory were most likely of the retarded nature and miss-understood.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like what?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was for sly sri
Marc

28th Oct 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe in Keyser Soze.
Gary
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
like what?

Looking forward to the answwr to this
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

28th Oct 12 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i can probably categorise my personal experiences into 3 parts: Encounters with God myself, answered prayers, and prophecies.

So..

Encounters with God myself - i've only had a few of these, the first being a year after I had made the decision to follow God and it's hard to describe really..without writing an essay! But I basically received the Holy Spirit which was a physical experience that I could not explain (and believe me I tried) which I later realised not everyone has. As different people have different experiences.

Answered prayers - literally too many to list. But 1 example: prayed for a guy at my college in the canteen and he got healed from a football injury, in front of all my class mates who then started calling me Jesus. Ha.

And prophecy: this is when people that don't know you somehow know things about you and your future (in the Church we don't call them psychics but Prophets)

As for things i've seen...again too many to list but mainly healing of various kinds.

I realise that it's hard to believe these things because that was me too once upon a time. But one thing you need to realise is that you are shaped by the culture that surrounds you whether you choose to be or not, and this culture is very anti-God which is probably why people in this country are also...but is it possible that the culture is mislead..?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Dave

28th Oct 12 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So we can assume then all those oncologists trying to cure people with cancer should forget their training and instead have a bit of faith and pray instead? Cool.
Marc

28th Oct 12 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa120

28th Oct 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knew a guy who converted to christianity.... he apparantly seen the so called light!!! he was off his head on heroin at the time but to this days says he was saved, i argue it was his kitchen light he seen but there you go..

i am also one of those people who dont mind people having faith, however when you talk to these people they speak back to you with so much arrogence/sarcasm etc because everything you say or think is wrong! i just cant understand why people with religeous beliefs cant respect people for not having faith?.

i also found when having conversations with the guy above who converted to christianity, if for instance i asked him certian questions which he could not answer he would just laugh at me and say i was weak this happened so many times and it just made me laugh because i would have far more respect for him if he said i just dont know or i believe etc etc etc this happened instead of treating you like an idiot!
mattant

28th Oct 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It annoys me when people say 'it was God's doing' when someone survives cancer, rather than thanking the actual doctors
smcGSI16V

28th Oct 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
no- its made up
baza31

28th Oct 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe even if the powers that be knew there was some form of god that they wouldn't let us know. I don't believe in alot of the shit that goes with religion but I do believe that there was something more than the big bang. Although I don't really pay much attention to anything on this matter apart from it occurring on here every week
laingyla

28th Oct 12 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO because RACE CAR !!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you believe in God? 25 database queries in 0.0166988 seconds