corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » scars

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author scars
chloe16v

User status: Offline
29th Oct 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as most of you know i was mauled by a dog almost 3 weeks ago, the wounds are healing well but i am concerned about the scar on my palm, as it is healing it is shrinking the skin around it which is now stopping me from straightening my 2 middle fingers and is getting worse by the day despite doing daily exercises.
question is, has anyone else had a scar in the same place and what was the outcome? i will obviously discuss the matter with my physio on thursday, but was just wondering in the mean time

pics of wound for people that havent seen them

also been told that the bit near the bottom stitch where it looks open will probably always have a lump there as one side of the skin has gone under the other side and isnt healing great
SetH

29th Oct 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Show us a new pic please.

chloe16v

29th Oct 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant until i have the bandage changed
Y869 SRA

29th Oct 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had lesser wounds that have scarred so you'll probably get one.
chloe16v

29th Oct 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know it'll scar but i want to know if the scar will stretch so i will have full use of my fingers again
ShEp

29th Oct 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Show us a new pic please.

Udder pics?

They will be like a couple of empty condoms nailed to a wall.
ShEp

29th Oct 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
i know it'll scar but i want to know if the scar will stretch so i will have full use of my fingers again

You aiming at incapacity benefit here?
chloe16v

29th Oct 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because im sure id get it
Anty
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure it will do, as i have one on my left leg, from when i was knocked down by a van aged 9.
N16K

29th Oct 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you asking will there be a scar then yes, damn, no broken bones nothing to worry about!
chloe16v

29th Oct 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i wasnt asking if their will be a scar, i know there will, i was asking if the scar will stretch enough to give me the use of my fingers back, an no there wasnt broken bones, just tendons
Lee_fr200

29th Oct 12 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a link to original story, what exactly happened just out of interest, also get well soon!

chloe16v

29th Oct 12 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

original thread is here

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=643955&page=4

basically was mauled by a french mastiff on my second day working at a kennels and ended up with 9 wounds, op to clean everything, repair tendon and stitch what they could and 3 days in hospital, 3 weeks on and still cant do much with my hands
N16K

29th Oct 12 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no i wasnt asking if their will be a scar, i know there will, i was asking if the scar will stretch enough to give me the use of my fingers back, an no there wasnt broken bones, just tendons

doubt you don't have use of your fingers what you typing with!

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by N16K]
LeeM

29th Oct 12 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one thats in almost the exact same place just doesnt go as far, about an inch mine.
did it a few years ago and i can still feel it stretch when i completely spread my palm/fingers but at first it stopped me opening my fingers fully. was fine after a while though
chloe16v

29th Oct 12 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
quote:

doubt you don't have use of your fingers what you typing with!

if you look at the first line you will see that it says i cant straighten my 2 middle fingers im typing with my index finger as that is the only finger i can use and my thumb, the others are useless to me atm
Lee_fr200

30th Oct 12 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ ppl give you some right shit!!!!

A lot of cunty comments in that other thread!

Hope the hands heal ok for ya
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my scar

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by Jakey]
chloe16v

30th Oct 12 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one a little smaller across my stomach jakey, the numbness is horrible, i still cant touch it 9 years later
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that from Jake a heart op or something?

to OP i cut through my middle finger right through to bone and couldnt move it for ages but its fine now repaired itself
Jamie-C

30th Oct 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 2 ops and have 8 scars
All mine heeled enough, wouldn't know any difference. Took me about 6 months to get full use of my foot again though.
Cavey

30th Oct 12 at 05:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do the physio you'll get some movement back in them, if you miss the physio you probably won't.

A mate of mine put his hand through a glass window and got tendom damage, he can't straighten his little finger now because he didn't bother with the physio.

Go to the physio and they'll tell you whether you'll be normal again or a crocked fingered weirdo
Shell
Premium Member

30th Oct 12 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ, do some of you Neanderthals read ANYTHING this girl actually writes before diving in with your "angry man" thoughts?! Again folk diving in about claiming etc when she hasn't said a thing about that.
Sometimes I wonder if Chloe invites stuff on herself and would be inclined to say she does but on occasions like this, I wonder how angry man types make it through a day without trying to punch your own ego for looking at you funny.

She's asking if she'll have reduced mobility, and Chloe unless you address this with your physio now, it will shrink and will get tighter and you will have problems. Im certain there are creams and such they can provide you with to massage the scar daily to try and loosen it up and prevent shrinkage but I think it's a case of hard Graft and intense physio. But sadly you may well be left with reduced function, but you'd learn to adjust, we're creative creatures.

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by Shell]
AdZ9

30th Oct 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If you do the physio you'll get some movement back in them, if you miss the physio you probably won't.

A mate of mine put his hand through a glass window and got tendom damage, he can't straighten his little finger now because he didn't bother with the physio.

Go to the physio and they'll tell you whether you'll be normal again or a crocked fingered weirdo

Exactly what happened to a mate of mine, although it was his index finger, the skin got so tight and he didn't do the physio so now it's healed in a hook position and he can't straighten it anymore because the skin grew back like it.

Don't miss the physio, and I would ask them about it now before it's too late. By the time my mate asked about it they couldn't cut the skin again to fix it
baza31

30th Oct 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a cut straight through my tendons in similar place . It is tight a year on and I don't have the same movement .Although mine was alot worse than yours and the left a guider not attached for fear of losing movement all together. Good luck in your recovery

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » scars 22 database queries in 0.1967299 seconds