corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Racism. Part 873

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Racism. Part 873
Conway563

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvideo/9778415/AC-Milans-Kevin-Prince-Boateng-leads-team-off-pitch-in-protest-at-racist-chanting-in-friendly-match-with-Pro-Patria.html

Interesting to see what happens after this
Didn't Platini say the players should be banned for walking off the pitch?
Hammer

3rd Jan 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Platini is a cunt.
Nismo

3rd Jan 13 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read it on Sky news, fair play to him.
Tommy L

4th Jan 13 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If uefa fine boateng/players/club receive a fine then it's a joke. Will be very interesting if they do.
kennySRi

4th Jan 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play to Boateng and Milan. However i can see more fans doing this to cause the same reaction to players. Then they'll have to start docking points to those teams before it stops so maybe a while before things get better.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And there be some marginal cases where its not really offensive but the player wants to make a scene.

And there are crowd control issues with stopping a game for that reason. Not so bad in that Spanish one because it didn't look so big or busy but I could imagine it would difficult to Police a few k pissed off people particularly when they're gunning for a small section of the crowd.
Russ

4th Jan 13 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
And there be some marginal cases where its not really offensive but the player wants to make a scene.

Just the odd monkey chant is fine?
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 13 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't referring exclusively to monkey chants.

Someone could shout milky.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still dont get why its so upsetting

Im not saying its right, or should exist, but whilst calling someone a nigger or paki or whatever is highly offensive, surely a grown man should be able to just ignore it?

Its an offensive term, of which there are hundreds more used daily on people of all colours.

Would Rooney be allowed to walk off the pitch if crowd were chanting shrek at him?

Its also not up to the players to take it into there own hands. If the match needs to be stopped the Ref needs to make that call, the club should be fined for this IMO as it could have major knock on consequences of which ian raises some valid points.

[Edited on 04-01-2013 by Steve]
Cavey

4th Jan 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate to admit it, but agree with Steve, man up and get on with it. (before his edit, not sure they should get fined for taking a stance on something they deem wrong)

Doubt they'd of walked off if it was a competitive match

[Edited on 04-01-2013 by Cavey]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True I did wonder if it would have been different if competitive
Cavey

4th Jan 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although I am a white person, so haven't had to experience the persecution of my people throughout the generations. I am quite short though and had people calling me midget and other horrendous offensive words, but somehow I managed to carry on with my life.
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure we, white people, can fully relate to racism that these guys are experiencing though. Nigger has more connotations than milky. Fair play to KPB.
mwg

4th Jan 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get called all sorts of names cos of hair colour. Same thing as this really
Nismo

4th Jan 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I get called all sorts of names cos of hair colour. Same thing as this really

dont worry mate, no need to look so upset.

Hammer

4th Jan 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Im not saying its right, or should exist, but whilst calling someone a nigger or paki or whatever is highly offensive, surely a grown man should be able to just ignore it?

Its an offensive term, of which there are hundreds more used daily on people of all colours.

Would Rooney be allowed to walk off the pitch if crowd were chanting shrek at him?

Its also not up to the players to take it into there own hands. If the match needs to be stopped the Ref needs to make that call, the club should be fined for this IMO as it could have major knock on consequences of which ian raises some valid points.

Where we would agree that there is an element of playing the victim you and I know full well that there is no comparison to be made between someone being called Shrek for looking like Shrek and a black player being targetted because of the coloud of his skin.

However, continue trolling as you were.
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly boy mwg:

Swings are for kids not grown ups.

[Edited on 04-01-2013 by Nath]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Where we would agree that there is an element of playing the victim you and I know full well that there is no comparison to be made between someone being called Shrek for looking like Shrek and a black player being targetted because of the coloud of his skin.

However, continue trolling as you were.

Why? because society and media have hyped it up to be? or is it actually just another offensive term, or "name calling" to go along with all the other insults that get fired around at football pitches every game.

Lets imagine Rooney has been called shrek his entire life, bullied all through school with it, had his life made a misery with it.

Now lets imagine a Black man has also been called nigger all through his life, and bullied about it and had his life made misery

Whats the difference? both are personal, based on the appearance? you cant tell me that black people these days still feel a strong connection with those words, and the slavery years whereby most of these abusive terms originated? It happened hundreds of years ago mate

Nath

4th Jan 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeepers.
Hammer

4th Jan 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm out.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, ignoring racism and anything we find unsavory in life should definitely be the way we go about tackling such issues. That always works.

Jesus wept.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, lets encourage all players to walk off football pitches when they get a bit of abuse then
JonnyJ

4th Jan 13 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, hes walked off because hes got a "bit of abuse" thats whats happened here.
mwg

4th Jan 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm walking out of this thread
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trollololol.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Racism. Part 873 23 database queries in 0.0159268 seconds