corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » None fault claims on insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author None fault claims on insurance
jacko198

User status: Offline
9th Jan 13 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone had any experience with none fault claims being declared on there insurance?

A woman reversed into my car a xmas, told me to get a quote to fix it and send it to her. So i have, but its close to £1k so she isnt too keen on just paying that outright.

She want to go through insurance, but i know you have to declare none fault claims, which will probably put up my insurance

Obviously im not going to phone them up and ask! So anyone any experience with prices going up etc?

Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premiums will go up aye, not sure what else to say!

My missus got driven into by somebody on the 6th day of the 7 days free dealership insurance after getting a brand new Corsa.

Obviously we'd been getting quotes for the "proper" insurance all week, but hadn't signed up yet. The quotes we were getting were all about £30p/month and after the shunt - the cheapest we could get was £45p/month

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
andys sxi
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont care what anybody says none fault claims will make it dearer on the insurance for the first couple of years

April 08 feature car
pow
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great, so because someone couldn't stop in time when I was stopped I have to pay for that
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost me a extra 800 quid on the beefs jack
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if she just forwards the bill to her insurer to deal with it and your insurer doesnt get involved then its not declareable. its her making a claim for your car.
a non fault claim is when you personally make a claim on your own policy thats not your fault
jacko198

9th Jan 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that right? ^
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, if the claim isnt in your name you havent made a claim.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure about that myself tbh.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Great, so because someone couldn't stop in time when I was stopped I have to pay for that

This winds me up so much. Surely its daylight robbery! I wouldn't go into a shop and charge them for something I'm taking!!
John

9th Jan 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
yes, if the claim isnt in your name you havent made a claim.

I agree with this and you know because you worked there but does that still hold true Lee?

The new questions I've seen cover being involved in anything at all, declared or not, fault or not, etc etc.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It says "have you been involved in any accidents regardless of fault", how could you say no when you have?
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youd had a crash and dealt outside of insurance would you answer yes to that question?
jacko198

9th Jan 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been thinking about that. Its all good sending them a bill for there insurance to pay. But i guess there insurance will need a reg of the car they are paying for. Which will be then recorded on that insurance database they have right?

LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just wording, and them asking questions that rely on your unnecessary honesty
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the only databse of vehicle registrations is the MIAFTR (motor insurers anti fraud and theft register) and cars only go on this when theyve been recorded as a total loss
MarkM

9th Jan 13 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee what about the Cache/PI database? That records vehicle registrations.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick google - CUE database?
MarkM

9th Jan 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granted it does not record damage or if a vehicle is a total loss. But it does record that a vehicle identified by the registration has been involved in an accident.
MarkM

9th Jan 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Quick google - CUE database?

This. Same as the one I mentioned.
bigron1988

9th Jan 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee is right , my first non fault accident i didnt deal with my insurance i just got there insurance to pay and fix it, second time they argued it so my insurance got involved, i only have to declare the second one as the insurance dont even know bout the first one
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they shouldnt be putting third party vehicles onto that, only their own policy holders vehicles
LeeM

9th Jan 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that may be different now though. i'll ask my mate who still works claims at esure and see what he says
dannymccann

9th Jan 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such a minefield, there's no wonder the costs escalate every year and people don't always declare what they are supposed to declare, it's so confusing!
Brett
Premium Member

9th Jan 13 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
lee is right , my first non fault accident i didnt deal with my insurance i just got there insurance to pay and fix it, second time they argued it so my insurance got involved, i only have to declare the second one as the insurance dont even know bout the first one

Has the insurance company or something official told you this or is that just you doing that, them not mentioning the other and you assuming it's ok? Doesn't mean it's right.

I understand Lee's worked in the industry whenever that was, but lying is lying and if found out then I assume that'd void your policy potentially when you're hoping for a payout.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » None fault claims on insurance 23 database queries in 0.0138521 seconds