corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quiting smoking ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quiting smoking ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
10th Jan 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello

I want to try and quit smoking , i know it was a foolish thing to start in the first place.

anyone on here quit if so how did they do it ?

a few things i'm worried about though : if i quit will the addiction still be there? i don't want to quit then a few months down the line start up again , i also would like to be able to still smoke on nights out just for the time being as i really crave smoking after a drink is this a wise idea?

also people say you gain weight as you crave more food? , i'm currently at a level where i am happy with my weight but i am not slim over the past 2 years i seem to have lost about a stone accidently , and i don't want to pile it back on.

any help would be good , thanks
Tommy

10th Jan 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electronic Cigs are the way forward. Tastes good, you get a nicotine hit and they keep your hands busy !
mooney

10th Jan 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i quit for my new years resolution,
i've downloaded a app called smoquit, that keeps track of how long you've quit/how much you've saved/how many fags you would of smoked and how long you've added to your life,
i also downloaded my fitness pal, you enter you weight and target weight, set it so you want to maintain your current weight, it will give you your calorie intake for the day, then before you eat anything scan the barcode on the pack or search for a food and add it to your daily dairy and keep track of it.
danny_vx

10th Jan 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I concur with the ecigs, I quit 'analog' cigs by using ecigs and suffered no cravings as when I needed a cig, i'd use my ecig. I'm still addicted to nicotine, but eventually ill come off the ecigs as I use them hardly ever, only when I really need a hit.

Don't buy a shitty cheap ecig.

Get one off here

Www.ukecigstore.com

All I do is recharge the battery with usb and refill it with liquid, some of the shit quality ones put people off ecigs, but if you get a decent kit you won't look back !

danny_vx

10th Jan 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.ukecigstore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=362

This is a good entry level one, get some tobacco flavour liquid and your good to go! If you smoke 20 a day, get 18 strength.
edd1.0

10th Jan 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your help , i know i can quit and this looks like the best way , i often smoke 10-15 a day , more if im stressed or tired , how long will those cartridges last? like whats the cost of running one of these compared to actualy smoking?

thanks
Tommy

10th Jan 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at these few companies

SkyCig
GreenSmoke
Vapouriz
danny_vx

10th Jan 13 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's hard to say mate, maybe get just under a week out of a 10ml bottle? I'm not too sure. Best to stock up on a few! Make sure you get two batteries also

With regards to pricing, it depends on the quality eliquid you get.

These guys have a sale on at the moment, 100ml bottles for a bargain price.

www.bargainvapour.com

100ml, that'll last a long time

[Edited on 10-01-2013 by danny_vx]
danny_vx

10th Jan 13 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I think I would go down the clearomizer or tank route, rather than the atomiser one.

It's much easier to manage a clearomizer or tank.. IMO of course.
Ricky352

11th Jan 13 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quit a good while ago after smoking for around 5 years around 15 a day.

The reason I did it was because of one of the guys in my office. He was near, or past retirement age, and used to smoke like mad. He had the worst cough I ever heard. I turned to the guy next to me in my office (I'd already been there for around 6 months), and asked hm to be a witness to me throwing my cigarettes in the bin and quitting.

And that was that.

It's all in your mindset. I thought to myself how can I let a stupuid cigarette control my life. Seriously, how can you let tobacco tell you what to do. This is what I would tell myself when I was quitting. It was me vrs cancer sticks.

After all it's only a cigaratte, its not heroin or crack cocaine lol
Ricky352

11th Jan 13 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and to answer your questions;

The addiction will still be there but its not that strong depending on your mindset

And I didn't put on any weight.

EDIT: Don't smoke on nights out, go cold turkey, its the only way in my opinion.

[Edited on 11-01-2013 by Ricky352]
will_ainsworth

11th Jan 13 at 03:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been smoking ciggies for 3 years, started due to smoking quite a lot of pot and got hooked on the nicotine as a result.
My lungs got worse as ive been really stressed with uni and i was lighting a ciggie every 15 minutes but ive quit both pot and cigs just before xmas as it was all getting a bit too much, but the e cigs really do help, doubt i would be able to do it without them.

Lungs feel so much better already too! but i wouldnt advise smoking on nights out, it wont work for long! the nicolites look like a ciggie so just take one of them out with you....
davegreen
Premium Member

11th Jan 13 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to smoke 10 aday on average, quit 9 years ago. just stopped one nigth as it was raining and i didnt have a car to go 3.5 miles to get anymore, to layze to walk. didnt use any of these trick things just will power.
morpheus22

11th Jan 13 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stopped on the 1st of october last year to try and do the stoptober thingy, havnt touched one since.

electric cigs do help it was my 30th last year and i managed to get through my party without having a propper cig

look at a brand called 5colors there flavoured electric cigs pack of five is £25 helped me allot
AndyKent

11th Jan 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine (via mates experiences rather than my own) that having the willpower not to smoke when having a few pints is the most difficult.

I say quit full stop. Not really quitting if you smoke every time you go out and not in the day.
Liam-Wilko

11th Jan 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv been quit for 7 months today I used champix (would recomend) still get the craving once in a while and woul not advice having a casual smoke when your drinking.

Weight gain can be an issue but thats down to weather you decide to just eat everything and anything due to your taste buds coming back in 7 months i have only put on weight because i was in a bulking prosses at the gym not because of smoking.
GteRedtop

12th Jan 13 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had quite bad flu since christmas, Ive been feeling that shit i havnt thought about having one. you could do with the neuro virus
LeeM

12th Jan 13 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive quit loads of times, always end up starting again during a night out. just one with a pint, then just 2, then a packet, then whatevers left of the packet when you wake up the next day.
with regards to eating a lot, i always end up eating snickers because i get a taste for them once my tastebuds start to work again
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stop. Quit fagging about with electric ciggies and quit like a man.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Gary
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Exactly. E-cig isn't quitting! Just mn up and don't smoke anymore, simple.
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First off you need to want to give up. I used patches, imo you need to break the cycle of smoking, so fakes fags aren't going to work. I ate a load of citrus fruit because it takes a while to peel it, giving you something to take your mind off it.

I can drink at home and not want a fag, but when I see people smoking I still want one, and do on nights out, but wake up in the morning with a shit taste in my mounth.

I think I gave up about 4 years ago now. The patches used to burn my skin for a bit, but worth it in the long run.

Good luck.
Carl

12th Jan 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Exactly. E-cig isn't quitting! Just mn up and don't smoke anymore, simple.

I see your point but in regards to your health moving on to them e cigs is far better for a person than them failing to quit.
alan t

12th Jan 13 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im trying to stop again, tried several times and failed but this time seems to be going better.

The mrs has stopped as well, this is whats making it easier as we are helping each other through it.

We are putting all the money we would save aside to hopefully go a couple of holidays this year.

Think its better to use the money to reward yourself for stopping other than just saving it.

Good luck with stopping anyway mate
Tiger

12th Jan 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like quitting fizzy pop, just man up and don't buy them anymore. Do it the hard way and it'll be a far more rewarding experience.
Jay

12th Jan 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quit weed on new year, haven't touched it cravings still there but best way is just stop, missus stopped smoking ciggies same time after 10 years and she's going strong, just will power! Still very early days, its not easy but feeling the benefits of it already.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quiting smoking ? 23 database queries in 0.1918890 seconds