corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Log book help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Log book help
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
16th Jan 13 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long story short, I had arranged to go and view and hopefully buy a car from a garage a good 4 hours away from me, I spoke to the garage confirmed every think and got a few trains to get there. Upon arriving it was not any think like they told me so I left however when I was there and asked to view the log book I was told it was not there and had been sent off to have the car registered in my name. Bearing in mind I hadn't paid for the car or even committed to a deal how do they get around doing this? I was always lead to believe I had to sign the log book to confirm I had bought it? It was a evans halshaw garage to btw

[Edited on 16-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jan 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do.

Probably a lie.
john_redtop

16th Jan 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There can't do that and as said by Ian the buyer has to sign the logbook
LukesCorsaSXi

16th Jan 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably just said that to make you think, "Shit I might have to buy it now!
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The log book is here arrived in post, they wearnt lying... Can I do any think about this, surely they fraudulently signed it
John

16th Jan 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Report the car stolen now.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
The log book is here arrived in post, they wearnt lying... Can I do any think about this, surely they fraudulently signed it

You now own the car
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF!!
LukesCorsaSXi

16th Jan 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

As Brett said tbh..

[Edited on 16-01-2013 by LukesCorsaSXi]
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my thought there a bunch of badgers TBF wasted my time and lost a days wage and train fair going to see it now this
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But how did they have all your info?!
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is log book is to say I'm legally bound to ensure and tax the car nothing todo with owning it is it? Else I'd drive up there and ask for my car (joke before any one gets serious I no I can't do that)
kennySRi

16th Jan 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand this. Why would a garage send the logbook off before selling the car and how did they even get your details, very strange.
John

16th Jan 13 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a car before that the guy had left a small deposit, they'd changed the logbook then he'd never came back to collect it and they couldn't get a hold of him.
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
But how did they have all your info?!

This is my thought, only way I can think of is I rang up to activate the free 7 days insurance so it could be taxed and insured when I got there providing i purchased it. Although this was through a desperate company
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah why would they register it lol you say, I said on the phone we will sort a deal once I've seen it, if its as you say ill take it that day if not ill leave it
colonel_g

16th Jan 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't add up. Not sure we have the full story. A garage would simply not do any of that for no reason. You must have given them your details. They can't just guess them correctly.
Why would you call insurance company before you had even bought it? Thats what the garage organise once you have paid for it
BenC1985

16th Jan 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds dodgy as fcuk.lol i would ring someone and get legal advise. Its thier fcuk up not yours!!!
John

16th Jan 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legal advice for what?
BenC1985

16th Jan 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they are registering a car in someones name which you have to sign for. And if this lad hasent signed it hows it in his name? Too dodgy for my liking.
John

16th Jan 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should he sue? The best plan of action for real life people is to phone the garage and let them deal with the rest. I would say just ignore normally but that's only asking for fines through the door and more hassle overall.
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by colonel_g
Doesn't add up. Not sure we have the full story. A garage would simply not do any of that for no reason. You must have given them your details. They can't just guess them correctly.
Why would you call insurance company before you had even bought it? Thats what the garage organise once you have paid for it

They clearly have, that's th full story hence me being very baffled, like I've said earlier on I guess they got my details theough the insurance company, and as for why they insured it well technically not they just needed a cover note to be able to tax it. They did this I guess cause I've i had bought it I was planning on driving it home that day. It 4 hours away took 3 trains, as for registering it in my name that's beyond me, but they clearly have.

I'm as lost as you guys, made it very clear a deal would only be done if I got there and was as described if not I'd be leaving it, get there it's taxed so if I or who ever buys it can drive it home same day but they also have sent log book off. I've not once given my address over just card number for deposit and given my address to the insurance company they use for there 7 day free insurance
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the best course of action here is to go and get a logbook loan on the car.
Corsa_Sport21

16th Jan 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then afterwards send the logbook off with the appropriate section filled out to say the car was scrapped.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:

You now own the car

No he dosent

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Log book help 22 database queries in 0.0096359 seconds