corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Washed the car in jogging bottoms and a hoody

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washed the car in jogging bottoms and a hoody
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came out alright and saved me getting my YSL suit wet

Did Autobrite foamy snow first, took about 5mins, literally point it at the car and pull a trigger.

Untitled by AcePinJim, on Flickr

Then i washed it with a wash mitt and dodo juice shampoo (1st time using it, really impressed with it, nice and lubey) I also quickly clayed it using dodo juice clay and lube spray, wondered if i'd actually washed it, the amount of dirt that was coming off with the clay. Got through 2 brand new clay bars and chucked them away.

I expect comments from patchwork quilt Tom

Highly detailed Only spent about 2hrs on car, got bored after claying so gave up after that, will do the polish another day, probably in the summer.

Tried an arty shot?

Got bored of taking photos after that, not too bad condition really.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks clean Jim.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Pucci1

3rd Feb 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrubs up well doesn't it
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which Autobrite foam and which Dodo shampoo did you use? I've used the Autobrite Superfoam and it works well, but takes ages to rinse it all off because it hides everywhere

Looks good though mate Will be even better after a nice polish and wax.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments, got a bit of rust i found on the back end, but going to sort that out when the weather is a bit warmer.

Think i lied, its actually this foam and an autobrite lance

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-snow-foam-5-litre.php

and this shampoo
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/dodo-juice-born-to-be-mild-shampoo-500ml.php?cPath=57
Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to polish and wax it after claying or the paintwork isn't protected will look nice until you take it out on the road.

good job though jim. whatg brand of jogging bottoms did you wear?
Ian W

3rd Feb 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks great

Have the wheels been refurbed?
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am really impressed with every Dodo juice product i've bought and used so far. Was a bit skeptical at first but after i tried the red mist i started buying other ones.

Need some interior cleaner, been looking at poorboys supernatural as mine all seems a bit too shiny
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
you need to polish and wax it after claying or the paintwork isn't protected will look nice until you take it out on the road.

It will be fine, i did it in wychwood fishing pants and top, just like the microfibre looking material
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
That looks great

Have the wheels been refurbed?

yeah, had them done a couple of years ago, but car has sat around for most of that time
Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:

It will be fine, i did it in wychwood fishing pants and top, just like the microfibre looking material

bet you looked well smart mate.

my work colleague occasionally comes into work wearing realtree fishing clothes it's quite a sight, almost like a human tree.
Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and with regards to the leather interior looking shiny, may i recommend to you, gliptone:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gliptone-Liquid-Leather-Cleaner-Conditioner-2-x-DG-Cloths-/120929268437?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item1c27f232d5&_uhb=1

john, nic barnes and a few others on here swear by the product.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:

bet you looked well smart mate.

my work colleague occasionally comes into work wearing realtree fishing clothes it's quite a sight, almost like a human tree.

the real tree stuff is amazing for hiding from people, they can walk right past you sometimes with a metre and not see you
John

3rd Feb 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gliptone stuff does the business. As Ben has said though, get a coat of wax on it at least now you've stripped off any protection it might have had.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
oh and with regards to the leather interior looking shiny, may i recommend to you, gliptone:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gliptone-Liquid-Leather-Cleaner-Conditioner-2-x-DG-Cloths-/120929268437?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item1c27f232d5&_uhb=1

john, nic barnes and a few others on here swear by the product.

Was the 2nd stuff i ever tried, used megs before that, then tried furniture clinic, now use some german stuff for the leather, is the best i've had.

I mean interior stuff for the dashboard and the plastics
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use this for leather now

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/interior-cleaning/leather-cleaners-conditioners/einszett-leather-care-lederpflege-250ml.html

evilrob
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poorboys Natural Look dressing - does what it says on the tin. Smells amazing. Just don't buff it too much - if you buff it up you can make it go shiny.
John

3rd Feb 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I do on the plastics is give it a wipe down with an APC, ie whatever I have about at the time, recently it has been a product that's actually called an all purpose cleaner from aldi.
evilrob
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're ordering in some products get some Chemical Guys Stripper Scent air freshener and get your ride smelling as pimping as it looks.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks smart, shame you didn't stick with it to get some wax/sealant down!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see me claying it again next week anyway, going to clean it for a few weekends, then will polish it for a few weekends, then i'll wax it.

I go mad doing all in one hit, little and often is best.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye once you've got a layer or two of wax/sealant on - keeping it glossy will be easy every few weeks.

Just snowfoam, shampoo and towel it down. Can even throw on some quick detailer type stuff every few washes if it's starting to lose its shine.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
big eck

3rd Feb 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks very clean.

Just a quick question. Am I right on thinkin that you snow foam the car then simply rinse off then wash the car as normal with a good shampoo and mitt then rinse again then dry and then clay bar and then shampoo again before drying again then polish/wax to finish??? That's the right order isn't it???
Ben J

3rd Feb 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me that's come up well! Get it waxed.
Munchie

3rd Feb 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Washed the car in jogging bottoms and a hoody 23 database queries in 0.0155470 seconds