corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » NYC Budgetting

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NYC Budgetting
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Feb 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to go to NYC for my 30th in October; I haven't been since I was 12/13.

What would a reasonable budget be for flights, hotel and spending money? I'm not fussed about top end flights or hotel but nor do I want to slum it.

Two people, I was thinking £2k each but looking at flights that'll be blown out of the water as their don't seem to be any direct flights from Manchester anymore
baza31

26th Feb 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long you going for ? surely you could get flights and hotel for a grand each ?
Whittie

26th Feb 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
how long you going for ? surely you could get flights and hotel for a grand each ?

You can, with ease tbf. Assuming Rich is wanting spends within his budget though.
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I took my ex there, we/I spent £3k in total - 747 LHR to JFK, 5 nights at Novotel Times Sq, Lion King for 2 on Fri night and $500 dinner at Ramsays on the Sat night so yes its def def manageable
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by baza31

You can, with ease tbf. Assuming Rich is wanting spends within his budget though.
aye, not with what he will want... flight will be £400-700 each (depending on season/times etc) and decent centrally located hotel will be $100+ per night
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found decent enough flights now from Manchester with AA; all the ones I found before were via Paris/Schipol or Heathrow which is why the prices were so stupid. Ideally, I'd like to keep the total spend to within £2k each

Flights are looking like £1100 for both of us for coach; just looking at other classes now.

Going for 5nights, 03/10 - 08/10.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed in the Novotel Times Square last time I was there Robbo
baza31

26th Feb 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See if there is any cheap Pakistani airline deals, not sure if they do return flights though
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I stayed in the Novotel Times Square last time I was there Robbo
is nice, aside from the daft double lift system we didnt opt for the facing view, but could see it nciely from our room anyway we sued to sit on the windowsill staring at Times Sq in the night <3
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youre going that far in advance, you could book train tickets to london in advance and do it for less than £150 between you for train, tube and heathrow xpress if it makes the flights a lot cheaper
mwg

26th Feb 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get over it mate
Robbo

Robbo

ooh matty, im going skiing in a few weeks
mwg

26th Feb 13 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please post endless Facebook status' and photos about it
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Novotel Times Sq. is £1200 for the 5 nights.

so £2,500 sorts hotel and Accomodation (as a budget only) and then £1,500 spends should kill it.

Just hoping for a Rangers home game whilst we're over there as I'd love to see them at MSG
Robbo

26th Feb 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Please post endless Facebook status' and photos about it
done, will tag you in a few pics
Balling
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We did a budget trip to NYC in 2007.
Stayed at http://www.whitehousehotelofny.com/ which was very well located and not completely unlike staying in a prison.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

poor Robbo
big eck

27th Feb 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
When I took my ex there, we/I spent £3k in total - 747 LHR to JFK, 5 nights at Novotel Times Sq, Lion King for 2 on Fri night and $500 dinner at Ramsays on the Sat night so yes its def def manageable

This is extremely reassuring as its exactly what me and the wife's wants to do and that exact hotel lol.

Do you have any more info mate on where/who you booked with???
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 13 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should easy do that, £700 for flights and £1300 for 5 days, are you taking limos and having them wait outside for you while you eat?
big eck

27th Feb 13 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say £3k all in would be a good price. That's not including spending money tho.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Should easy do that, £700 for flights and £1300 for 5 days, are you taking limos and having them wait outside for you while you eat?

Flights x 2 = £1150
Accomodation 5 nights = £1200 for a reasonable hotel; I'm going for my 30th and with the missus so not going to slum it!!
Tickets to NY Rangers at MSG x2 = £400

=£2750 before we've done anything or spent any money

It'd be nice to bring it under £2k each incl. spending money but nor do I want to have to do it entirely on a budget
Robbo

28th Feb 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

This is extremely reassuring as its exactly what me and the wife's wants to do and that exact hotel lol.

Do you have any more info mate on where/who you booked with???

Expedia mate
Robbo

28th Feb 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Everythign there is extortionately expensive though... it's smilar to London except food is super-sized and hence the price goes up plus you always end up spending $ on 5th Av as the exch rate is usually quite good (altho not so hot at present)

Also flights are likely to be more than £700 for 2 people
RichR
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best I found was £1150 for two using American Airlines direct MAN to JFK. Not really wanting to divert via Paris/Schipol or Heathrow to save a few pounds but add hours to the journey

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » NYC Budgetting 23 database queries in 0.0122230 seconds