corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just accidentley made a comment that might have been percieved as racist - Edited for John!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just accidentley made a comment that might have been percieved as racist - Edited for John!
Ben J

User status: Offline
   1st Mar 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rocked up at an appt. Walk in. Met the student once before. Mistake another staff member as my student. Apologise, and say "sorry, i'm terrible with faces, and you both look the same"

My learner and the staff member who I thought she was are both black.

FFS. Didn't mean it in a racist way at all.

[Edited on 01-03-2013 by Ben J]

[Edited on 01-03-2013 by Ben J]
Whittie

1st Mar 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL would have been worse if they were Chinese.

I hate it when blacks play the racial card, 9 times out of 10 it's their active mind when nothing was meant and you wouldn't even think a racial comment.
Ben J

1st Mar 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
LOL would have been worse if they were Chinese.

I hate it when blacks play the racial card, 9 times out of 10 it's their active mind when nothing was meant and you wouldn't even think a racial comment.

Tbf she didn't accuse me of racism, and I just pretended i'd never said it in the hope that she would realise it was a genuine comment. They do both look the same. Same height, braids, etc.
evilrob
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's amazing.

I have a similar story. I was sitting in Heathrow Airport with my girlfriend, when she pointed at an unusual object across from us fixed to one of the various pillars throughout the waiting lounge, asking "What's that funny-looking black thing?"

Unfortunately, she had failed to realise that in a sea of white people, there was a single man quite clearly of African descent sitting precisely in the direction in which she was pointing.

An elderly lady sitting next to her leaned over and whispered, loudly, "Shh... it's a *man* - they're quite common these days, dear." before giving her a smile and a knowing nod.

She nearly died of embarrassment.
Ben J

1st Mar 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
John

1st Mar 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't see how thread title relates to story?
Gary
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it's just you being stupid/awkward
John

1st Mar 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt that. I'm not picking on you either Ben, just your 2 threads have caught my attention at lunchtime
Gary
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Doubt that.

I don't
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accidentally racist? How does that work then?
mwg

1st Mar 13 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you were racist though. This is the problem now people are scared to say anything because things that aren't racist are now being classed as being racist. It's ridiculous
Dave

1st Mar 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People mistake me for my brother quite regularly, especially on nights out. Never even realised they were being racist, I'll be sure to pick them up on it now though, the cunts
Ben J

1st Mar 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, title should be "I've potentially been judged to have made a racist comment, but actually it wasn't intended to be racist"
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a blind person said two people smell the same and it just so happened those people were black, would the blind person be racist?

same thing imo, but you aren't blind, just using your eyes instead of nose.
Ben J

1st Mar 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but its a perception that somebody racist would say all blacks/chinese etc look the same
3CorsaMeal

1st Mar 13 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes i look at the army videos on tv and think to myself, i could see the sand people thinking the US and UK troops "all look the same"
taylorboosh

1st Mar 13 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huge generalisation, not even a tiny bit racist...

Its more racist to think its racist
mattk

1st Mar 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted a shower rail once in a blackies flat, only a temp one till the tiler had done his thing.

I said to him " that rail is only on little screws for now so dont go swinging on it"
taylorboosh

1st Mar 13 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking lol
Ben J

1st Mar 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I fitted a shower rail once in a blackies flat, only a temp one till the tiler had done his thing.

I said to him " that rail is only on little screws for now so dont go swinging on it"

Did he say anything?
Hammer

1st Mar 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have spelled accidentally properly after having a couple of go's
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 13 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubt some liberal fake anger hippy will report you and you'll get in to lots of trouble for not running every single truthful comment through your PC filter.
flybikeslee

2nd Mar 13 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee_fr200

2nd Mar 13 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would that be considered racist? Wouldn't say that about two white people and have the same train of thought? And even if it was because they were black that they looked similar, that's still fact.

I appreciate that in this day and age you need to be careful but its this type of behaviour that causes more and more occasions like this. Treat everyone the same, be it on the racist side of things or even on the P.C. side of things I.e. don't say some discriminating bit at the same time don't not say something that you would happy say should they be white because your afraid to upset a different race/colour

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just accidentley made a comment that might have been percieved as racist - Edited for John! 22 database queries in 0.0118232 seconds