corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is this OK for a cold air feed?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this OK for a cold air feed?
Munchie

User status: Offline
29th Apr 13 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100mm-x-2m-aluminium-flexible-ducting-hydroponics-grow-room-ventilation-fan-/171028031322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27d210a75a

To my ITG on S3....the filter sits behind the passenger side headlight

Looks a bit like this

Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ. Put standard box on.
_Allan_

29th Apr 13 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same place as mine on the Leon but I have an alu/foam heatshield and foam block to form a sepearate compartment when the bonnet is closed. This cam with the kit and yours appears to be missing.
Munchie

29th Apr 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not my engine bay but just showing location of the cone.

Where did you get your feed from? If you have one

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Munchie]
stan_the_man

29th Apr 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted an intake pipe to my A3 20vT which went down behind the headlight and the filter fitted under/behind the bumper out of the way of any heat etc. Made a huge difference!
Munchie

29th Apr 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep thats what I am going to do. Emailed the seller to ask if its a straight 2m duct as on the other auctions it states £5 PER METRE. But I have just bought this one anyway.

Edit- its a straight 2metres

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Munchie]
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got a nearly new Audi and you're sticking some gash cheapo eBay ventillation ducking in the enging bay? Just no.

You know what'd aid performance? The standard airbox, the one it was designed to use.

OMFG that induction kit is going on £400 too

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by Brett]
Munchie

29th Apr 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
You've got a nearly new Audi and you're sticking some gash cheapo eBay ventillation ducking in the enging bay? Just no.

You know what'd aid performance? The standard airbox, the one it was designed to use.

OMFG that induction kit is going on £400 too

I bought spacers, ITG intake and PCV delete kit for CHEAPER than just the £380 ITG air intake.....so even if I split it all and sell it, I will be getting more than my money back.

Its not about some cheapo items getting fitted, its a pipe that does the same job as a £20 halfords special so cannot see the problem in saving some money?!

If I dont like the intake, ill stick to panel filter, but as its running a stage 1 remap, I may as well get more out of my engine for a very little cost
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever floats your boat, induction kit argument has been covered many times before. Silver ducting will look shit in either case tho imo, but again up to you.
Munchie

29th Apr 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will keep heat away from it.

Not bothered about looks, it will be hidden under the engine bay and also the other end will be hidden behind the fog light surround.

If I dont like it, Ill go back to standard (has a pipercross panel filter fitted to it)

Ill let you know how I get on
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll get more cold air to it certainly, but it won't keep heat away from it at all will it, as far as I can see it's not an enclosed kit for starters.

You won't go back, you'll be too blinded by the old induction raw placebo effect.

big eck

29th Apr 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Munchie there's no point in arguing with him, he's one of those guys that knows everything and everyone one else is wrong.
Munchie

29th Apr 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have grown up and matured since the Corsa days.

If there are notorious flat spots etc, I will get rid of it! But right now its a little flat as I think the amount of air getting to it is restricted. Will see how I get on with air feed before thinking of selling it etc. Nothing to lose.....

Just lots to gain
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Munchie there's no point in arguing with him, he's one of those guys that knows everything and everyone one else is wrong.

PMSL big eck comes wading in from no where swinging his maggot around, please enlighten me on your interesting theory about me. Pretty sure I don't claim to know everything, but I've had enough experience of induction kits to form my own opinion.

big eck

29th Apr 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you even had any kind of experiences with that kind of engine and induction kit or are you just guessing what its like???

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by big eck]
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you, or are you just looking for an internet based argument to pass your time you're struggling to fill this afternoon?

I've owned an Audi Quattro turbo before, stones throw away from an S3, point? Not sure why the engine in question matters particularly, it'll still suffer heat soak like all the others, and the pit falls of induction kits still apply. Comments above still stand, etc. Read on the Audi forums, they'll agree there's no real reason to replace the standard box, if not only with an upgraded panel filter.

Anyways, I'm now more interested how you've drawn this conclusion that I'm "one of those guys" What a silly comment to make Interesting I'm one of those guys where everyone else is wrong yet you're condemning me for having an opinion. Great logic big man.
big eck

29th Apr 13 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So in short you know fuck all about them then. Super.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even shorter, sounds like you know less.

Thanks for gracing the thread with your delightful input anyway, very interesting. Cute that you've been carrying this little torch for me tho, honestly had no idea! Cheers ten-men x
big eck

29th Apr 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your a tit of a guy

Again you think know better
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you've not said anything contrary to what I've said on the topic, you just keep waffling on about me personally. You seem to think you know me for some reason? Honestly, big man, you weren't even on my radar, I'm a little touched and equally freaked out a bit that I was seemingly flying along yours for so long. Complete weirdo it seems.
big eck

29th Apr 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you've done in this thread is mouth off with sarcastic comments on how munchie is wrong to do what he's doing and that standard is the best available

I suppose the endless testing by the big companies like revo, itg, evoms etc are all wrong??? Of course they're not. Loads of guys on SCN with stage 2+ Leon's are running these filters with logs to actually prove that they work extremely well. All you've done was say that you used to own an old Audi and that all kits are the same and that anyone who buys one are kidding themselves.

[Edited on 29-04-2013 by big eck]
Nath

29th Apr 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this is interesting.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

All you've done in this thread is mouth off with sarcastic comments on how munchie is wrong to do what he's doing and that standard is the best available

I suppose the endless testing by the big companies like revo, itg, evoms etc are all wrong??? Of course they're not. Loads of guys on SCN with stage 2+ Leon's are running these filters with logs to actually prove that they work extremely well. All you've done was say that you used to own an old Audi and that all kits are the same and that anyone who buys one are kidding themselves.

Not really. I said it'll look shit with cheap ebay ducting, check. I said it'll suffer heat soak and other pitfalls of induction kits, check. I said the standard box performs just fine, check.

The fact you're quoting bollocks like 'stage 2+' proves to me that you're a bit of a numpty lost in the lingo anyway so theres clearly no point continuing this, certainly not with some big 'ard scot recluse in his tricked out Leon kickin 40s door down Get a grip, it's a forum where people have opinions.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..and again, the most laughable part here is that I'm someone that doesn't accept other peoples opinions and is always right, yet I'm being condemned by the shit slinger about mine Classic. Should change your name to big ego.
big eck

29th Apr 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You finished yet??? You really do talk some shite

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is this OK for a cold air feed? 22 database queries in 0.3282249 seconds