corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best wheel cleaner (non acidic) And citrus cleaner.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best wheel cleaner (non acidic) And citrus cleaner.
BenC1985

User status: Offline
26th Jun 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at buying a decent wheel cleaner to save me alot of hassle when cleaning my car. Ive read alot of different things and bilberry pops up quite alot. Im also looking for a decent citrus cleaner to get bugs and crap off the front of my car.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv found that pretty much every wheel cleaner is no better than the previous, in so much as that they are marginally better than just using soap and water but if the stuff is caked on and ingrained you wont remove it with anything less than wonder wheels.

Auto glym bug remover works well and doesn't require a fancy name or smell.
SXI - Matt

26th Jun 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilberry
evilrob
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Bilberry wheel cleaner and Auto Finesse Citrus Power - both work well and are inexpensive.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Jun 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the left over dirty soapy water that ive just washed the car with.

Surprisingly it takes the dirt etc off. Not sure how it does it, but it does.

[Edited on 26-06-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
NathanR

26th Jun 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aurosmart Smart Wheels.
BenC1985

26th Jun 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose this is like comparing waxes and polishes. Its down to personal choice. I will just order what i think is a cheaper and try it and see how i get on. Just want something to help me get the baked on brakedust off and something to help with the crap on the front of my car.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Auto Finesse Citrus Power - ... inexpensive.
I'm sorry, what? For the amount you use it's exceedingly expensive.

Ben - bilberry wheel cleaner (1:10) and citrus pre wash (1:5) by Valet Pro will both do the job, but you'll need bottles to dilute them into as well. It's best to use a chemical resistant spray head with the bilberry as it ruins normal ones.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
3CorsaMeal

26th Jun 13 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve speaks the truth.
evilrob
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Auto Finesse Citrus Power - ... inexpensive.
I'm sorry, what? For the amount you use it's exceedingly expensive.

Alright - calm down, princess. It's about £6 for a small bottle if you shop around, I don't find I need to use any more of it than any other product in any given situation.

It costs less than many other big name detailing products that achieve the same thing. It's cheaper than Poorboys Bug Squash, R222 Total, Dodo Juice Crudzilla, Megs Bug Remover, Bilt Hamber Surfex HD...

Take a look for yourself:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/exterior-degreasers/cat_108.html
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pre-wash-bug-and-grime-removers.html
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-products/tar-bug-fallout-removers.aspx

Citrus Pre-Wash is great - but you have to buy 5l / nearly £20s-worth of it and then arse about diluting it; which is fine if you have the space. Doesn't sound like this chap needs it in volume, just wants a reasonably-priced spray jobby that will soften up the bugs.
BeetleGav

26th Jun 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with wonder wheels? I'm sure it says on the back it's not acidic?
BenC1985

26th Jun 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right i dont need a huge amount of it at a time. But if i find something that works and i like it i will buy a bigger bottle and keep the original small spray bottle to top back up. The thing that puts me off with bilberry is having to dilute it. Ideally i just want something i can pick up in a bottle and spray on and put it away. The citrus spray is'nt a major issue as i can clay the car and get most crap off but i think it would help me alot. Ive read that carpro iron x is good as i can use it on my paint work and will probably do the job of a citrus spray aswell.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got 5l of Bilberry and never use it. With protected wheels a quick wipe with mild shampoo is enough.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
evilrob
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the risk of causing Dave to pop a bollock, if you want ready-mixed wheel cleaner, Auto Finesse Imperial is quite good.

I like Auto Finesse because they're not outrageously expensive or worryingly cheap, the products get the job done, you can buy in sensible quantities (or in bulk if you prefer) and the spray mechanism they use on their products it better than most.

People are unhappy with Auto Finesse at the moment as they released a 'limited edition' wax which was initially only supposed to be 20 in the world, then they said there would only be 500, and now they've put it into full production, pissing off those people that only bought it because of its supposed exclusivity.

It also turns out that Auto Finesse don't necessarily manufacture or design their own products but relabel existing concoctions from chemical wholesalers.

I don't have an issue with this, personally - most brands do this. Boots don't "make" any of their own brand consumables, it's relabelled existing formulas. Sony don't make the flat panels that go in their tellys, Foxconn do (also known as Hoi Han who also make Apple's laptops and phones).

[Edited on 26-06-2013 by evilrob]
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TL;DR

You can get cirrus pre wash in 1L bottles, maybe even 500ml. I just finished a 1L bottle but will be getting a larger one. Some of the other stuff you listed isn't necessarily a direct comparison because they're not all wax safe.

Anyway, I'd better leave it there, I need to pop my man plum back in.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell you what you could try for a ready mixed wheel cleaner, Angelwax - http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=superior-automotive-wheel-cleaner

Very well priced and they make good products.

[Edited on 26-06-2013 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
neoquip

26th Jun 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

angel wax Billberry Wheel Cleaners
http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=superior-awc-con
ArdenblueDan

26th Jun 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use auto finesse citrus power and as of Friday when I get paid auto finesse imperial I find auto finesses products a good quality and very easy to use
BenC1985

27th Jun 13 at 05:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I've got 5l of Bilberry and never use it. With protected wheels a quick wipe with mild shampoo is enough.

What wheel sealant/wax do you use then? I actually did put a few coats of wax on my wheels last time i washed and waxed the whole car but as i understand normal wax isnt the best on wheels due to the heat?
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Jun 13 at 06:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poorboys wheel sealant. Stuff like Bilberry will eat through any sealant too, so imo it pays to just regularly clean with a mild shampoo.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BenC1985

27th Jun 13 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the car pro iron x will eat through wax/sealant then? As i could buy one bottle of that and it will do the job of a citrus cleaner on my paintwork too.
3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 13 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought that iron x but not tried it yet. Stinks real bad.
SXIBrad

27th Jun 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use WonderWheels. It cleans them up really well with minimal effort
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Jun 13 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iron x will eat wax, your hands, insects, everything it touches

IronX is excellent if your wheels are properly dusted up after months or years of abuse, but no need for it in a regular routine tbh.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
John

27th Jun 13 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I either use wonder wheels or soap.

Wonder wheels is fine as long as you don't leave it on for days, and it probably won't be too kind if your wheels are already corroding.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best wheel cleaner (non acidic) And citrus cleaner. 23 database queries in 0.0131621 seconds