corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone else looking to get a £6,000 pay rise?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone else looking to get a £6,000 pay rise?
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jul 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23262503

quote:

MPs' pay should be increased by £6,000 to £74,000 a year from 2015, the Commons expenses watchdog has said

Discuss/rant!

pew pew pew pewwwww
JonnyJ

11th Jul 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ridiculous. Especially when they get everything for free on "expenses" anyway.
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they're doing a good job, then I don't see the issue; especially as its partially being offset by the removal of perks and the size of golden goodbyes. However, it should also be done on a merit basis rather than a blanket coverall - is the individual worth it? They earn less than Head Teachers and several other state paid jobs and to be honest, I'd always assumed that they'd be on closer to £100k anyway.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently its instead of some expenses so not really any different

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus if you want the very best for the job, then you have to pay for it. What interest would someone have in being an MP if they could earn better money in a main stream job - I accept there are exceptions to the rule but pay peanuts, get monkies.

There is also the argument that an MP has a degree of pay to cover the inconvenience of being away from friends and family for extended periods and also for the costs associated with London Living whilst in parliament.

[Edited on 11-07-2013 by LiVe LeE]
WukaChop

11th Jul 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't even earn £6000 a year...
LeeM

11th Jul 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every single person in the country should earn minimum wage no matter what they do or how hard theyve worked to get there. that would solve it.
baza31

11th Jul 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
every single person in the country should earn minimum wage no matter what they do or how hard theyve worked to get there. that would solve it.

What ? Oh year people will bust there balls in training for years on end, work away with unsociable hours for minimum wage, I can see that happening . Everyone would quit and go on dole
Pop

11th Jul 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8% raise in 2 years time, seems ok to me.

[Edited on 11-07-2013 by Pop]
gazza808

11th Jul 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is they aren't doing a good job.
Countries in disarray,
They should be doing it for the love of the job.
Guy who recently retired his dad used to be the mp round here many years ago,
Back then there was no wage, he only got money back for when he had to miss hours from his real job.

It was all about the love of the job, not some pompous pricks earning a shit load just being yes men.
WukaChop

11th Jul 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:

What ? Oh year people will bust there balls in training for years on end, work away with unsociable hours for minimum wage, I can see that happening . Everyone would quit and go on dole

I work unsociable hours for minimum wage. It's horrible, I want to quit. That wouldn't solve it really, because people need money for things such as kids, etc. Things they can't (comfortably) live on when working for minimum wage.
Marc

11th Jul 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd need a new portfolio if I got a payrise.
Whittie

11th Jul 13 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be performance based.
baza31

11th Jul 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WukaChop
quote:
quote:

I work unsociable hours for minimum wage. It's horrible, I want to quit. That wouldn't solve it really, because people need money for things such as kids, etc. Things they can't (comfortably) live on when working for minimum wage.

That's good though. Everyone starts at bottom and climbs to better jobs if they wish. Unfortunately now people think they are worth more than they are.
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That is by far, the single most ludicrous statement I've ever heard
John

11th Jul 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was sarcasm.
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't seem too bad tbh, just about in line with % rises round here.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Root

11th Jul 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They earn far too much, what normal people have several homes including some abroad? They should have a decent wage but they take the biscuit.
WukaChop

11th Jul 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WukaChop
quote:
quote:

That's good though. Everyone starts at bottom and climbs to better jobs if they wish. Unfortunately now people think they are worth more than they are.

I don't debate that bit really, since you need to start somewhere, the point I was getting at was that I couldn't be doing that at say, 30 years old. I didn't word it too well, lol
Nath

11th Jul 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Unfortunately now people think they are worth more than they are.

big time.
Gavin
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
8% raise in 2 years time, seems ok to me.

I've worked my backside off for 3 years, with positive results, and got promoted. I got a 9% pay rise. These fools seem to be getting a 8% increase for jack shit. Yeah, their package is being changed, but I'm sure their packages were way more than what average Joe gets.

If someone told me today that I was getting a 8% raise for doing jack all more different than what I'm doing now... then I'd be

This should be performance related, and those who exceed at their role should be rewarded. The others, sack them off!

pew pew pew pewwwww
mwg

11th Jul 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wankers
ed

11th Jul 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes, communism is so successful. That's why we're in the minority with our crazy capitalist ideas.
Cavey

11th Jul 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should pay the general MP the average wage of the country. If he gets a 50%+ vote in his constituency then give him a few k bonus for it. Should be performance based, not just give all of them a raise. As said it might be covering expenses being removed, but was too high a wage anyway
LeeM

11th Jul 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the feeling people may not have realised I was being sarcastic.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone else looking to get a £6,000 pay rise? 23 database queries in 0.0157678 seconds