corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Changing Phones...

Poll: Changing Phones...
HTC One 8 (40%)
Iphone 5 12 (60%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing Phones...
Bprice91

User status: Offline
25th Jul 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive been having problems with my iphone 4S recently as was gonna pay to get it fixed but i then remembered
that i signed up to JUMP with phones4u which basically means i can update my phone every 6 months if i wish...

anyway not really sure whats best out there so not sure whether to stick with apple or do i change to android ?
Dom

25th Jul 13 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of those two, the HTC One although depending on the model of iPhone 5 you could pocket the difference between them.
Although there are plenty of other phones out there that are worth looking at - S4, Lumia 925, Blackberry Z10, Xperia Z etc Just a case of going into a shop for a quick play.
Munchie

25th Jul 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so its fixed? Good that you can change phones that often!
Bprice91

25th Jul 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Out of those two, the HTC One although depending on the model of iPhone 5 you could pocket the difference between them.
Although there are plenty of other phones out there that are worth looking at - S4, Lumia 925, Blackberry Z10, Xperia Z etc Just a case of going into a shop for a quick play.

yeah well ive been looking at a few whilst ive been at work today and the htc one seems to be like one of the better ones..
Bprice91

25th Jul 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
Ah so its fixed? Good that you can change phones that often!

not fixed mate i forgot i had the jump thing so i thought fuck ill just change it rather than keep fannying about with it
Jay

25th Jul 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The HTC one I didn't like and sent it back, too big to live with daily, and was glitchy, replaced it with the iPhone 5 and can't fault it, I really wanted a change from apple but for simplicity you can't beat it.
Bprice91

26th Jul 13 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
The HTC one I didn't like and sent it back, too big to live with daily, and was glitchy, replaced it with the iPhone 5 and can't fault it, I really wanted a change from apple but for simplicity you can't beat it.

ahh really been reading reviews about it and they reckon its the best phone money can buy plus i fancied a change from apple but no your right its such a straight forward phone to use hmmm ...
Balling
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every single iPhone 5 I see looks like it's older than any iPhone 4 I've ever seen.
The scratch prone finish really puts me off. If I'm going to spend that amount of money on a phone, I want it to keep looking good.

I really like the HTC One, from a hardware perspective. Had a play with one and it feels like a really solid build.
Having not used Android for years I still find the current version a complete mess however. I'm really not sure I could live with such an unintuitive OS.

OS aside, the Xperia Z is lovely as well and feels like a better quality than other plastic phones I've tried.

Bprice91

26th Jul 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Every single iPhone 5 I see looks like it's older than any iPhone 4 I've ever seen.
The scratch prone finish really puts me off. If I'm going to spend that amount of money on a phone, I want it to keep looking good.

I really like the HTC One, from a hardware perspective. Had a play with one and it feels like a really solid build.
Having not used Android for years I still find the current version a complete mess however. I'm really not sure I could live with such an unintuitive OS.

OS aside, the Xperia Z is lovely as well and feels like a better quality than other plastic phones I've tried.

i agree with you about the Xperia z looks great has a great screen etc.. but my only worry is the apps ive seen a few reviews saying that they're isnt much about compared to the Iphone, i used to have a windows phone htc trophy and i regretted it as that had no "decent" apps at the time.. and i dont want to take a step back
SXIBrad

26th Jul 13 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an Xperia Z. Only downside is battery life isn't great, but it will last a day (with normal use).

Camera is perfect for a phone, I will upload some photos later for you guys that I took last night.

Apps - There are a huge amount of apps for Android and if you are naughty (which I am not) you can download apps from certain places for free (of which i have never done)

Display is great, only gripe I have with it is that it doesn't go dim enough. Even on the lowest setting, I feel I want it lower if I am in a pitch black room.

Storage - 16GB with expansion slots... Can't ask for much better than that.

Get a case for it as the edges are all square. I have had a case from day one and never took it off.

ITS MO'FUCKING WATERPROOF MAN! Mine has survived many things including dropping it in a pint at the pub. Quick wipe down and its fine!
SXIBrad

26th Jul 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the below were taken on my Xperia Z
Bprice91

26th Jul 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate and good camera shots too ill have a look in to this as well then
SXIBrad

26th Jul 13 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bprice91
cheers mate and good camera shots too ill have a look in to this as well then

Thanks! So convenient being able to just be walking somewhere, see something you want to take a photo of and just use your phone. Saves you carrying a big digital SLR around with you!

I'm not going to say buy a Xperia Z, because I have not looked into the other phones. Just letting you know what I think about it.

In all honesty, I have been an android fanboy since my first android phone (HTC Tattoo). I just feel that Apple is a little too restrictive and without jailbreaking, a lot of the phones potential is wasted.

EDIT: Oh and the fact you pay 25% more just for an apple on it. Which might I add, is second hand as it has a bite missing...

[Edited on 26-07-2013 by SXIBrad]
sc0ott

26th Jul 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My naked iphone 5 is in better condition than my mates who has had his in a case since he bought it, and ive had mine longer.
A2H GO

26th Jul 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

Had mine a while now, still not a single scratch/chip/flake.

I did buy the white version for this reason though.
A2H GO

26th Jul 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
stick with apple or do i change to android ?

The only advantage I can see of going Android is saving money, for example the Nexus 4.

If you're not interested in saving money or are going to be spending the equivilent amount anyway, stick with iPhone.
Conway563

26th Jul 13 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBrad

EDIT: Oh and the fact you pay 25% more just for an apple on it.

Resale value and aftercare service more than make up for this IMO
SXIBrad

26th Jul 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
stick with apple or do i change to android ?

The only advantage I can see of going Android is saving money, for example the Nexus 4.

If you're not interested in saving money or are going to be spending the equivilent amount anyway, stick with iPhone.

Better performance, more customisability, more versatility, more "bang for your buck" are just a few more mate.

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Resale value and aftercare service more than make up for this IMO

The resale is high because the original sale price is high. That is common sense.
Aftercare service is okay with apple, that I will agree.
One more point may I add is that it is a fashion icon as much, if not more than it is a phone. People buy them, because they see celebrities with them, then people buy them, because your friends have them etc etc.
I do admit that they design their phones exterior quite well. (All apple products look the business)

But in my opinion, paying over the odds for old tech isnt worth it. They add a couple of bits of new software in the "S" versions and expect the sheep of the world to buy it for £100+ more (which they do)
A2H GO

26th Jul 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate, you sound like you know what you're on about so I'll exit here.
Balling
Premium Member

26th Jul 13 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brad, stop talking out of your ass.

Dom

26th Jul 13 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Finally
Bprice91

26th Jul 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit me you scared him off
SXIBrad

26th Jul 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in IT and enjoy keeping up to date with big tech news.
Balling, I have stated many facts and then voiced my opinion. The facts are that "technically" most high end androids are better phones (note I used speech marks, what I mean is specification and performance wise).

However, choices are down to personal preference and if it isn't broke, don't fix it (meaning why change from Apple to android or visa versa when it works fine and you are used to it)

To me, Apple died when Steve Jobs passed away. He was the life and soul of the company. I THINK (note I said think, this is my opinion) that they will slowly go downhill as they have lost their inspirational leader.
Jay

26th Jul 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't buy mine cause celebrities have got it, or cause its fashion, I got it cause it does what I need it to, in a simple way, I really liked the screen on the HTC but that was it and its not needed in every day life, the size of the iPhone 5 compared to the competition was the decider for me.

The iPhone 5 is no different to my 4 in real life use though.
A2H GO

26th Jul 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Finally

**Goes to read Hello magazine to decide on next phone**

[Edited on 26-07-2013 by A2H GO]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll