corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car back from bodyshop

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car back from bodyshop
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Aug 13 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really good job on the spraying, even did most of the side of the car for me to blend properly, however I have spotted a problem when I got back and had a proper look. The panel gap is off where the rear bumper was distorted in the knock, the misalignment also goes into the trim join, heres a pic

Am I being too fussy or would you take it back? no internet hero advice either plz, car was repaired at BMW btw

[Edited on 16-08-2013 by Steve]
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back and ask politely. They should be able to fix it easily. With out seeing bumper off hard to say how but will all be able to be sorted.

Nothing worse than a customer comes back and starts waving there arms about. Straight away we don't want to help them. Anyone who is nice and polite we go out of the way to help.

Ben G

16th Aug 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it'll need a mew bracket I guess. If they use the same brackets as bmw did on my Z4, they're crappy plastic things that are very easy to snap.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes will be polite about it. Id have a go at it myself but I don't think its a problem with bolts being adjusted I think the plastic itself is distorted will speak to them tomorrow I think, and have a look myself see if I can see any bolts that might adjust
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think from last time I did one there is one bolt that goes up in the inner arch. But there is a plastic bracket that the side of the bumper slides into it. Probably bent bracket so its not holding it fully.
sc0ott

16th Aug 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would ask them to remove the red circle.

Also you should wait for johns input before taking action.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it worth me taking stuff off or if I do that and it doesn't fix it can they accuse me of messing about with it?
Ben G

16th Aug 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't touch it. Bmw bodyshop should take a look without any arguing.
Ben G

16th Aug 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I were you, i'd make them aware of the fact you know barnshaw of the internet and he juices.
John

16th Aug 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

Also you should wait for johns input before taking action.

I'd definitely go back about that bit Steve, that would annoy me and I don't doubt annoy you even more.

Can't comment on rest of job from those pictures.
BenC1985

16th Aug 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go and ask them nicely to try and re align it. You can clearly see its not 100% lined up.
A2H GO

16th Aug 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would bug me and I'd spot it straight away as a viewer when you come to sell.

I'd ask them put some decent wheels back on whilst you're there too.
SVM 286

16th Aug 13 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Really good job on the spraying, even did most of the side of the car for me to blend properly, however I have spotted a problem when I got back and had a proper look. The panel gap is off where the rear bumper was distorted in the knock, the misalignment also goes into the trim join, heres a pic

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1185252_10151823629665730_1248590521_n.jpg

Am I being too fussy or would you take it back? no internet hero advice either plz, car was repaired at BMW btw

I don't think you're being fussy at all Steve.

I think that is too obvious for the repairer to have let it slide. Let alone the owner.

Quite poor imo.
Corsa_Sport21

16th Aug 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we supposed to believe you never noticed that when you went to pick it up??
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta say I'd have spotted/rejected that at the garage, no way I'd let it slip or do it myself though if I did get home before noticing.

Found overspray on my missus' wheels after she had her corsa repaired, but I don't GAF about that car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my main concern when collecting was the quality of the paintwork, that seemed good and is good. Didn't notice this til I got back
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the trim and arch liner out, can see where the bumper slides into a right angle bracket seems tight yet still this gap I think the plastic is distorted where it was sat for a couple of weeks with damage.

Can only see a new bumper fixing or if they can heat it up or something
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks fine to me
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually now iv tightened everything back up it seems to have corrected, il grab a pic, iv measured it and its exactly the same as the other side now
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and one in the sun for johns benefit, the spray job was blended into and across the front door no idea how far along the back but the whole bumper has been sprayed

AndyCorsaSport

16th Aug 13 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a Mini. Fuck all fits on them as it is.

Any before pics of damage? Can't have been that bad?
Steve
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah wasn't very bad not even worth a photo which is why I never bothered, pushed the corner of the bumper in a bit I popped it back out but it still sat in a bit, not sure how they fixed that probably filled it full of filler, scratchs around that area, and a scuff on the rear quarter round the light

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked better before
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Aug 13 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep needs sorting
I just realigned a front end on a BMW because BMW couldn't get it lined up after they repaired it.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
AndyCorsaSport

17th Aug 13 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That can't be true Tom. Bigger bodyshop a always do better work than the small ones!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car back from bodyshop 23 database queries in 0.0134768 seconds