corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » advise needed . tennants

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advise needed . tennants
baza31

User status: Offline
20th Aug 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few months ago a couple come to rent a house. They wanted it and i took £380 deposit. The house was vacent and ready to go, they wanted to move in straight away. I then got a call the day after saying they have handed in their notice and its going to be 4 weeks. I said ok ill keep it for them. Then he come round and asked for a fence putting up for his daugher. So i put up a new fence £350 materials did job myself.
Then on the day after the fourth week i get a call saying they dont want it by her mum. Then she askes for her deposit back which i said no for the above reasons.
Then a few days later i get a call from a housing association saying that i havent deposited it with the government scheme and they are taking me to small claims court.
The reason it wasnt deposited as I was waiting for them to sign a tennancy which they didnt turn up to do.

I have a funny feeling i am going to have to give it back to them . Whats pissed me off is the fact i did all the work and kept it a month and then they decide to pull out.

am going to see a solicitor tomorrow but thought id see if anyone had been here before

Balling
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's your fault for not getting a signature. Simple as that.

Still shitty on their part.

baza31

20th Aug 13 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know , it was verbally. There was also two people present at the time.
LeeM

20th Aug 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all verbal? any evidence they even gave uou £380 or what it was for?
Brett
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, you're probably going to lose out here unfortunately But tell them they can have the money if they come and collect it themselves and not send their mum like little bitches, hate that.
baza31

20th Aug 13 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
all verbal? any evidence they even gave uou £380 or what it was for?

yeh a receipt from me to him saying deposit for rental

MatthewR

20th Aug 13 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, how did they pay the deposit?
baza31

20th Aug 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Yeah, how did they pay the deposit?

cash
MatthewR

20th Aug 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say you never had any deposit, that reciept could just be a fake
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should of made them pay the months rent too.

The deposit is for the house upkeep is it not if they damage anything etc?

baza31

20th Aug 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
You should of made them pay the months rent too.

The deposit is for the house upkeep is it not if they damage anything etc?

i know but i would of needed the tennancy signing. Seeing as though i didnt know the date untill he rung saying four weeks . When i asked them to come sign the tennancy i got no more calls till he got his mum to ring up saying they didnt want it any more
baza31

20th Aug 13 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Id say you never had any deposit, that reciept could just be a fake

cant be arsed digging a hole for my self
SXIBrad

20th Aug 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you can be arsed handing over £380?
fred7

20th Aug 13 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant you say the £380 was for the fencing show receipt it cost you £350 and give them £30 back?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask for an address to send it to and send them it in pennies.
nathy_87

20th Aug 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DAY!
RichR
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nathy, stop trying to be a mod-if Ian et al want to move it I'm sure they will.......

[Edited on 20-08-2013 by LiVe LeE]
nathy_87

20th Aug 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/Just saying Live-Lee.

[Edited on 20-08-2013 by nathy_87]
Generation

20th Aug 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to either have to deny knowledge of cash (however this will probably end up buying you in the ass, one way or another)

Or give them back the money. Speaking to them, you may be able to sort out an agreement as you did pay for fencing for them
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

letting agencies ask for deposit (6 weeks rent), one months deposit and signature before they take it off the market... do that in future.

they sound like a pain for pulling out but the fence is still an investment so its hardly waste dmoney in my eyes?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a new tenant move in last night; she's sent me a text this morning to say that she's already got a sofa, fridge and microwave and can I remove the ones in the flat. Fridge and microwave are easy to store but I haven't got anywhere at all to put the sofa so its going to the tip. PITA but I can't store it and nor is it worth renting storage for so I'll have to write it off and replace it down the line.

Tenants are generally shit but they pay the bills and you have to take the rough with the smooth like getting a phone call off the new tenant last night at 2300 to ask how the shower works!!!
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gumtree rich?
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or even freecycle
RichR
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to use it to replace a shitter one in another flat and then get rid of that one but the annoying thing is that the woman came to view the flat a week ago, said she'd take it but never mentioned not needing stuff at the time - now I have to move it during the week when I've had ample time at the weekend.

On top of that, I pulled the carpet up in the hallway by the front door to find original, Victorian floor tiles which look great and are easy to clean and she's text this morning to ask if its ok for her carpet fitting friend to come and carpet over them; she's paying which is fine but its illogical to have carpet in the entrance hall as it just gets dirty so quickly and it'll just need ripping up when she leaves - I just hope if she's paying out money like that, then she's thinking of staying there for a good while.
Generation

20th Aug 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine goes through an ageny. Although I pay £80 a month for the pleasure. It does mean a deposit is held against them, and quarterly checks are done on the property. They've been there 3 years now, and have had no
Issues apart from a faulty boiler.

Background checks are essential IMO, mine go trough the company, but stops the place getting smashed up

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » advise needed . tennants 23 database queries in 0.0179901 seconds