corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra SRi XP - slow and steady - Upadates 02/11

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra SRi XP - slow and steady - Upadates 02/11
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
13th Oct 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted to do a progress thread so may as we'll start one with the new car!

Recently sold my Civic Type R as it was costing the earth in fuel and I wanted to get some money back in the bank, so it was sold and purchased today...

SRi 1.9cdti 150 XP with 50,000 miles and full service history, brand new Dunlop sport tyres and it's immaculate.

Just got to wait for the garage to prep it as they only got the car yesterday, so managed to get them agree to deliver it as the garage is over an hour away and I'm currently car less.

Few small plans for it:

New plates
New mats
Lower it a little
New tax disc
Sun glasses holder
Wind deflectors
Have a parrot Bluetooth installed
Silvertec bulbs
Insignia washer jets

Also possibly a remap in the new year but see how the rest goes first!

Any ideas/comments welcome.

[Edited on 14-10-2013 by dan_m1les]

[Edited on 02-11-2013 by dan_m1les]
BenC1985

13th Oct 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome. Get a dtuk crd-t tuning box for it. If my car passes its mot next month its getting a box put on it after christmas. Better than a remap because if you get bored of it then you can sell the box on. These boxes quote 215bhp on a healthy engine. Dont think a remap will do that tbh.
dan_m1les

13th Oct 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard bad things though of the tuning boxes doing bad things though! They don't properly remap it obviouslly and can frazzle the ecu
BenC1985

13th Oct 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Only heard good things about them. Lol Just thought for the money if i want it back to standard then i can make money back on the box, not on a remap. I was going to get a 3 door but decided against it after driving my bros vxr and deciding the rear window is useless. And liked the idea of not having to move for rear seat passengers.
dan_m1les

13th Oct 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well by all means let me know how you get on as I'm only going by the bad stories on AOC!

Have you done anything to yours?
John

13th Oct 13 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had dtuk boxes on at least 4 different vauxhall cdti engines, including one of these, and not had a single issue. Aoc, full of the sort of people who turn their lights on going through tunnels so they look like they have auto lights.
BenC1985

14th Oct 13 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent done anything to mine yet apart from some super bright led sidelights and number plate bulbs. And some better headlamp bulbs. Going to take the rear badge off and get a badgeless grill which will be colour coded,and colour code the chrome bootstrip. Not going to be lowering it or changing wheels as i quite like how it drives and the fact i can get anywhere i like without braking my back or worrying about speedbumps.
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren G maps these - currently doing them for £199 too.
BenC1985

14th Oct 13 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

But he lives miles away. Atleast 3 and a half hours from me. Nothing wrong with the dtuk tuning boxes but if you want it mapped up to you.
Jambo

14th Oct 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Had dtuk boxes on at least 4 different vauxhall cdti engines, including one of these, and not had a single issue. Aoc, full of the sort of people who turn their lights on going through tunnels so they look like they have auto lights.

Are they affiliated with Cliosport?!

On a serious note, lovely car there Dan. Probably quite pokey too! A friend has one in Adam_B green it's rather nice
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Aoc, full of the sort of people who turn their lights on going through tunnels so they look like they have auto lights.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
quote:

But he lives miles away. Atleast 3 and a half hours from me. Nothing wrong with the dtuk tuning boxes but if you want it mapped up to you.

You're in Northampton right? Or as good as?
dan_m1les

14th Oct 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Are they affiliated with Cliosport?!

On a serious note, lovely car there Dan. Probably quite pokey too! A friend has one in Adam_B green it's rather nice

It went well on the test drive, didn't give it too much of a run put will be all ok! I can't see the audi main dealer wanting me kicking up a fuss with a 5k astra if anything goes wrong.

Now, do we think the 'sport' button will do much??
BenC1985

14th Oct 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah and he lives at isle of sheppey. about 50-60 of fuel to go there and back and a whole day.
BenC1985

14th Oct 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sport button makes a massive difference in how the accelerator responds. I drive mine work and back without the sport button. For the first week i couldnt drive it without as it felt dead, but then i got used to it and only use the sport button if i want it a bit more responsive.
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Oct 13 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah and he lives at isle of sheppey. about 50-60 of fuel to go there and back and a whole day.

130 miles each way or thereabouts and about 2.5hrs. Thats nothing, you could do a round trip on less than a tank of fuel...

In fact, if a DTUK box is £300, you could get a WG map and cover the travel for less.
John

14th Oct 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dtuk brand new is a bad deal over a remap, at the £100ish they go for on ebay thought it's an easier decision.
BenC1985

15th Oct 13 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the newest one the crd-t. They hardly come up for sale. On a good engine 215bhp can be seen. The slightly older one is good for 205bhp though and they come up quite often.

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by BenC1985]
John

15th Oct 13 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The normal ones get 200 though. I didn't notice any difference between the older red and the green boxes.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Oct 13 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it still the case that the dtuk boxes don't actually directly alter the boost?
John

15th Oct 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The crd-t one does.
BenC1985

15th Oct 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As John has said the newest one the crd-t does. None of the others do though. Main reason i want one of the crd-t ones. Cant find a used one though.
dan_m1les

18th Oct 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car was delivered this morning all ok

Even turned up with 3/4 of a tank of diesel which was nice considering it was just above empty when we test drove it.

Mats arrived today, so got those fitted and it turned out that it already had a sunglasses holder fitted which my sunglasses don't fit into! Useless thing!

Also ordered from eBay, a new richbrook tax disc holder, insignia washer jets and wind deflectors.

Shall get some pics up over the weekend once I've cleaned it!

Nice to have some torque again! feels fast compared to the civic and pulls like a train!
BenC1985

18th Oct 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore what people say about fitting the washer jets. They are a peace of piss. Remove the rubber strip in the engine bay on the scuttle, smack the old jets out with a hammer, lift the scuttle up with one hand and then take the pipe off the old washer jet, fit new ones on the pipe and pop them back in. Make sure they click back in though. Ive got them fitted to mine but one points a little low and they are a bugger to adjust. And mine has the sunglasses holder which is as much use as chocolate fire guard

[Edited on 18-10-2013 by BenC1985]
dan_m1les

18th Oct 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got greeted by my parents and an early birthday present which isn't till December

18 is my birthday in December and DJM are my initials! Well chuffed as I'd been looking for ages as everyone else in the house has 'E' then birthday day date then their initials!

[Edited on 18-10-2013 by dan_m1les]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra SRi XP - slow and steady - Upadates 02/11 24 database queries in 0.0158930 seconds