corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Grangemouth - Victory for Common Sense

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Grangemouth - Victory for Common Sense
Hammer

User status: Offline
25th Oct 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24671184

The Unite Union come out of this whole episode looking like a complete and utter disgrace. They played Russian Roullette with thousands of workers livelihood's then when INEOS called their bluff they went scurrying back with their tail tucked firmly between their legs.

Glad the workers have ultimately not paid for their incompetency with their jobs.
chrisritch

25th Oct 13 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unite look liks complete cunts now
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see they are remaining open.

As you say, Unite have made themselves look ridiculous over this whole situation.
RichR
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About time someone stood up to Unions. The sooner they are disbanded as a whole, the better - there is no place in modern society for unions of any kind when access to free information and advice is simple and effective.

If I was INEOS I would now dismiss the pay and conditions deal for anyone who remains a member of Unite or any other union.

[Edited on 25-10-2013 by LiVe LeE]
gazza808

25th Oct 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the whole thing quite unbelievable tbh.
Usually the people making the decisions aren't the ones who are going to loose out. Unite are moronic
John

25th Oct 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Union's have been outdated since the 70's as far as I can see.

Looks like plant will shut down, lets say we'll strike for more money, when we're already probably making much more money than we should be anyway.
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with the unite union and we've just had our 'final pay rise offer', to which the union refommends we reject it.

Offer was 3.75% year 1 and inflation plus 0.5% year 2 (at least 2.0% guaranteed).

I thought that was alright given the circumstances but no, they're going to ballot for strike action.
RichR
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you in the union Ben?
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's basically better to be in it then not at my workplace.
RichR
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why?
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get to rely on your union rep if/when you have issues that need sorting out rather than trying to fight your own battles.

My union rep is also my team leader so that comes in handy.

They also negotiated a deal in which union members got special payments at certain times of the year due to ford changing the pension scheme and last time they balloted for strike action ford come back with a 6% pay rise offer.

I don't agree with holding a company to randsom like they've done here though.
JordyCarter

25th Oct 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been at ineos all week from what ive heard there 'big boss' was willing to invest 300 million into a losing plant while still losing 10million over a month or a certain period of time. He strips them right back and builds them up again. From what ive heard at ineos over here there workers didnt like the proposed cuts so the boss just said fuck it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it's basically better to be in it then not at my workplace.

than!!!!!
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give me a break. Had literally just woken up
ed

25th Oct 13 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no place for unions in modern Britain. We're still paying for the damage they did to the automotive industry.
Liam

25th Oct 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dot understand when a few say there is no place for unions.... What makes you think that? Have any of the people who disagree with them worked in an environment where there was one?
RichR
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're having huge issues with a single employee who is in a union now and I feel well versed enough to make the judgement that they are an archaic throwback to the days of the Victorian era and the Industrial Revolution, when we didn't have worker's rights and employment law, free advice from the likes of CAB and legal aid. We didn't have the internet or social media to find information for ourselves and the general worker needed a representative to look after their interests. Nowadays, it is simply not needed in any way, shape or form.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Give me a break. Had literally just woken up

you do it all the time

along with a lot of other people on here
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whenever i've checked I haven't noticed.

My apologies mark.
Dave

25th Oct 13 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's absolutely wonderful how quickly the union caved in when they shut the plant, fair play to the bosses. It did unfortunately mean that shitcunt Galloway ended up getting airtime on national radio.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Good to see they are remaining open.

As you say, Unite have made themselves look ridiculous over this whole situation.

Everyone must be thinking this. Glad the outcome was a good one.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 13 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
About time someone stood up to Unions.
She's not been dead that long
Hammer

25th Oct 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
Ive been at ineos all week from what ive heard there 'big boss' was willing to invest 300 million into a losing plant while still losing 10million over a month or a certain period of time. He strips them right back and builds them up again. From what ive heard at ineos over here there workers didnt like the proposed cuts so the boss just said fuck it

From what you've heard? He's not willing to invest £300 million, now that the workers have agreed to the plan he WILL invest £300 million on infrastructure which will guarantee the future of the plant for the next 10 to 15 years at least. That was always on the table but Unite discouraged it like the shower of idiotic clowns that they are.

There were no cuts either, there were pay freezes and pension conditions were altered. That was it.
JordyCarter

25th Oct 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i say i dont know the full story. And this was a few days ago before it was definite just its been talk where i am
Hammer

25th Oct 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's been the entire story for weeks

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Grangemouth - Victory for Common Sense 23 database queries in 0.0165451 seconds