corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cancer/health aware campaigns

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cancer/health aware campaigns
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Oct 13 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anyone else sick of seeing adverts telling you you might have cancer because you've got a cough, posters everywhere and cancer stories in most soaps, I know of awareness is important but it's getting stupid and will clog up Dr's with needless problems and turn everyone into a paranoid wrecks
bigron1988

25th Oct 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it you have never had someone close to you diagnosed with cancer then
?
JonnyJ

25th Oct 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your English might have cancer mate.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had someone die in our house with lung cancer, so to answer your question, yes
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think you've got it constantly shoved in your face no escape from being told constantly you've got 1 in 3 chance of getting it
Gary
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. Awareness is good but it turns someone with the flu into a paranoid wreck.

A family friend died last week after fighting cancer for 3 and a half years, so I hope it's ok that I have an opinion, bigronben
N16K

25th Oct 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say most people know someone who has had cancer or died from it.
bigron1988

25th Oct 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I agree. Awareness is good but it turns someone with the flu into a paranoid wreck.

A family friend died last week after fighting cancer for 3 and a half years, so I hope it's ok that I have an opinion, bigronben

didnt say he couldn't have a opinion did i?, i just think if all these adverts can make a few more people get diagnosed a bit earlier and save there lives its worth some people getting annoyed with it.
sc0ott

25th Oct 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not no. You need to get out more if you do.
Ben G

25th Oct 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

didnt say he couldn't have a opinion did i?, i just think if all these adverts can make a few more people get diagnosed a bit earlier and save there lives its worth some people getting annoyed with it.

But with these awareness campaigns, you inevitbly end up with people clogging up doctors surgeries because they've got a cough. The current system can't handle that.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cancer posters on billboards, inside trains, on the radio in the car everywhere really, its excessive IMO

We are all aware it exists, we don't need to be forced to live in fear

The cynic in me wants to believe theres more to it than getting more people checked, in that the medical companies and private healthcare centers exist for people being ill therefore want to instil a fear of illness into them, I noticed that one advert had a patient visit her private healthcare clinic about it

[Edited on 25-10-2013 by Steve]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's because (blokes mainly) won't bother going to see the docs if there is something wrong.

The birds at work are always running off to the docs. One almost fell off her chair the other day when I said I haven't been for years.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The should spend the money, telling people how drive. Like switching off fog lights, switch headlights on and get out of the middle lane.
Gary
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah ok donk. That's how they should spend money
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one that pisses me off is the african children that always seems to be on when im eating
Gary
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Them daft cunts that walk 5 miles to water everyday but don't have the Sense to just fucking move over there?

[Edited on 25-10-2013 by Gary]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

walk 5 miles to get dirty water, even though theres probably a tesco express every 1/2 a mile
Jambo

25th Oct 13 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to spread awareness because your local GP is a lazy fucktard.

That's why.

[Edited on 25-10-2013 by Jambo]
Gary
Premium Member

25th Oct 13 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And tells people they have tummy ache when they actually have intestinal cancer?
Russ

25th Oct 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because we are a nation of lazy cunts who moan they are sick until they are sick then power through
Generation

25th Oct 13 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
They need to spread awareness because your local GP is a lazy fucktard.

That's why.

[Edited on 25-10-2013 by Jambo]
Jill
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Is anyone else sick of seeing adverts telling you you might have cancer because you've got a cough, posters everywhere and cancer stories in most soaps, I know of awareness is important but it's getting stupid and will clog up Dr's with needless problems and turn everyone into a paranoid wrecks

Totally agree, the stress and paranoia will eventually cause cancer cos you are so paranoid about getting it. Also getting sick of the stupid cancer charity fundraising events now- race for life, moon walks, midnight walks, movember. Give it a rest and stop sending me spam to donate. I do donate as it's a good cause but would be broke if I did it to everyone who sends me donation requests out of my friends who do these things.
SVM 286

26th Oct 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Them daft cunts that walk 5 miles to water everyday but don't have the Sense to just fucking move over there?

[Edited on 25-10-2013 by Gary]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0q4o58pKwA
JordyCarter

26th Oct 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we will never cure cancer because it brings too much money to the NHS. Also it keeps the population under control.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cancer/health aware campaigns 23 database queries in 0.0162771 seconds