corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you get annoyed

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you get annoyed
K2 GTi

User status: Offline
16th Nov 13 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you see people you know who have kids get given a free house? People who have never worked a day in their life ?

Kippers

16th Nov 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most definitely
Bart

16th Nov 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not always.
There are some people who do it intentionally which does grind my gears.

But in general, I think it winds me up more when I see comments on Facebook calling people "benefit scum bags" and such.
JonnyJ

16th Nov 13 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. Because said house tends to be a bin of a flat in an absolutely shite area. I'd rather work and have a nice house in a nice area.

Plus, if I wanted "a free house" I could just do what they do, but I'd rather not for reasons started above. No reason to get angry about it, you have the same opportunities as them, have a kid and get a free shithole if that's what you want
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it winds me up, i know people who have houses in nice areas so, living in a shithole is not always the case jonny

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
JonnyJ

16th Nov 13 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why I said tends to be. And think that's them for life, never going to improve, never getting any better.

As I said, you have the same opportunities, do it yourself if it's so great.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was buying my first house, I couldn't afford to live in the village I grew up in, even though they'd just built a new estate of lower cost housing. I've moved 15/20 miles away to somewhere I could afford. What grinds my gears is that 7 years on, the majority of people living on that estate are the same ones who were 'given' houses back when they were new because they had kids, some now have 2/3 other kids and they still don't work. Their utility bills are subsidised, council tax is reduced or non-payable and they also get handouts. The remainder of the village is older, more affluent people who had either worked hard to be able to afford to live there or have benefitted from inheritance or retired farmers etc. people who'd worked hard, day in, day out for their whole lives to live alongside younger people who've never worked a day in their lives and just play the system. Two of the is I grew up with have openly admitted having further kids to maintain their lifestyles. These are girls who were raised well, intelligent and did well at school but have turned this way because a flawed system has made it the most attractive option!!!
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does annoy me, but I'm hoping my decisions and having working family will pay dividends in the long run.
It is hard though, seeing people from school with z free house and/or knowing they didn't work at 6th firm because EMA paid them to attend and uni gave them every bursary going. In return for working parents I got sweet fa and had to make something out of uni.
For those reasons, I'm hoping to play the long game. Results are tbc.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
fred7

16th Nov 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biggest thing that annoys me is when they have the chance to buy some of these houses at a fraction of the price! Still perfer to be a worker and know my house was paid for fully by myself.
SVM 286

16th Nov 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
When you see people you know who have kids get given a free house? People who have never worked a day in their life ?

It's not happened to me yet K2. It's usually people I don't know. And they're usually on the television.
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Biggest thing that annoys me is when they have the chance to buy some of these houses at a fraction of the price! Still perfer to be a worker and know my house was paid for fully by myself.

Right to buy options make me laugh.
Live in shit for 15 years. Buy shit cheap. Live in shit for minimum term following purchase of said cheap shit. Kids grow up in shit. Shit breeds shit. Imo

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Generation

16th Nov 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pisses me off. Seeing then play happy families all day, whilst I'm at work
lozarus

16th Nov 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biggest thing that annoys the fuck out of me is when I spent years training for my career for them to wanna put minimum wage up to 8.50 odd. Generous inflation for people on minimum wage and a 3percent increase for people who actually bothered to get qualifications. Load of bollox.
Ben G

16th Nov 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousins are the benefits chucking out kids to get free monies type. Occasionally I rant on facebook about people falsley claiming benefits and they go mental.

If they weren't doing anything wrong, they wouldn't be arguing. I love winding then up. Makes me feel better about myself.
Ben G

16th Nov 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It also annoys me when salesmen knock at my door selling boilers/insulation etc.

They ask whether i'm on benefits, as if I was i'd be entitled to discounts/free stuff.

Wtf
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
It also annoys me when salesmen knock at my door selling boilers/insulation etc.

They ask whether i'm on benefits, as if I was i'd be entitled to discounts/free stuff.

Wtf

A couple of years back me and my missus used to get "is the homeowner in?" From these types

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
JonnyJ

16th Nov 13 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:

Wtf

A couple of years back me and my missus used to get "is the homeowner in?" From these types

Got asked if my mum or dad was in by one of these a few months back

I just told them no, which tbf, was the truth Least it got rid of them
Ben G

16th Nov 13 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I meed to try that one. Easier than trying to think of a polite excuse.
John

16th Nov 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had the old are your parents in a few times. They normally think about it carefully before deciding what to say.
ed

16th Nov 13 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Wtf

This.

The same happens when you use the NHS.
Russ

16th Nov 13 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave

16th Nov 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a lass lives round the corner from us, friend of the wifes. Nice enough, not what you'd call a typical scrubber but has two kids with different dads, currently a single parent etc. She co-owns the house she's in with her ex but her latest plan is to sell the house (she's been struggling with mortgage payments, still goes out most weekends and just got a massive tattoo though) so that she'll be given a council house.

This pisses me off, she clearly gets enough in benefits to live off and pay her mortgage but because she chooses to spend money on other stuff she now thinks the state owes her a free(ish) house instead.

Also, not long ago I did some work on a row of 8 new super energy efficient houses for a housing association, these will now be council houses. Likewise we did a big mill conversion where most of them were taken by two housing associations, going round doing bits of snagging after they were occupied most were your typical tabloid benefits scroungers, massive tvs, loads of kids, you know the rest. Thing is these were by no means shitholes, at least not before they moved in. It's the mentality of the people who lived there that wound me up though. They were, for the most part, of the opinion that they were owed these houses, not in the least bit grateful of what they'd been given. One woman chewed my ear off all the time I was there about how she didn't have a big enough garden now and we hadn't given her as big a shed as some of the others had so she couldn't get the kids bikes in, all the time swearing blind that the door handle "just fell off".
Andrew

16th Nov 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It boils my blood this. The apartment I bought 4 years ago was built by miller homes. They sold 1/4 of the estate and because they were struggling to sell the rest have sold it onto the council.

I couldn't afford on the houses and settled for a flat. Now the 3 and 4 bedroom house are given to people on benefits who don't do a days work.

You drive down the close to seen new cars, audi's and BMWs when the rest of use struggle to run runarounds.

JaffaTB

16th Nov 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking of quitting the working life to settle for a life on benefits, spending more time with my daughter and actually enjoying my days instead of getting up at stupid hours to make somebody else rich whilst earning barely enough to get by on
MarkM

17th Nov 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the issue for me they get to spend all day with their children when working people leave at the crack if dawn everyday and miss their children growing up. My daughter will probably be tucked up in bed every night by the time I get home. No way I could live on a council estate though as their mentality could rub off on my daughter.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you get annoyed 23 database queries in 0.0193019 seconds