corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New staff SKY deal? TV, Broadband, Phone Line etc...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New staff SKY deal? TV, Broadband, Phone Line etc...
BYRON

User status: Offline
5th Dec 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anyone aware of the offers that were about last year? i.e. half price for 12 months?

I think Dan was the person on here who was able to offer a staff deal?

My deal expired last month and has jumped from £70 a month up to £103 a month for;

- Fibre broadband
- Phone line
- Top TV package with everything
- HD

Thanks

5th Dec 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried ringing them to blag them as that always works for me
A2H GO

5th Dec 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me I'd want my dishes washing and the lawn mowing by them too for £70 a month.
whitter45

5th Dec 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1986
have you tried ringing them to blag them as that always works for me

I tried and they told me to cancel if its too much

Sky at the moment do not seem bothered about retention of customers more about new customers

Although they are the cheapest their customer service is terrible based on the last 12 months
John

5th Dec 13 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told me I'll get another 75% off deal when this one runs out, I'll report back on the 16th.
Voyto

5th Dec 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a skybox / dreambox
John

5th Dec 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a good alternative unless you want to spend a lot and not have as good an experience.

5th Dec 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a dreambox ?
Rob_Quads

5th Dec 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Not a good alternative unless you want to spend a lot and not have as good an experience.

+1 A skybox is not in the same solar system as a Sky+HD box. Yes you can view the channels but thats about it. you have to spend a lot of money to get anywhere close to the capability of Sky (and Virgin for that matter)
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my half price is just about to end too

might sack them off and go virgin. Sky sports seems to be having less and less due to bt and virgin include all channels with premier.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
baza31

5th Dec 13 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£103 a month fuck me . Is there no other offers at the moment ? What's a dream box?
stuartmitchell

5th Dec 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned up, cancelled it and 2 weeks later they sent me a voucher for 50% off
BYRON

5th Dec 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
my half price is just about to end too

might sack them off and go virgin. Sky sports seems to be having less and less due to bt and virgin include all channels with premier.

BT dont offer HD as standard and its a cost option for BT Sport HD iirc.

I left (cancelled contract) with virgin and went back to Sky 12 months ago and to be honest, apart from this price increase - i cant complain.

A mate who works for sky recently cancelled his sky package with little effort from sky to retain him. They called him back after a few weeks offering 6 months half price. He refused so they offered him 6 months free...

contract is the name of my missus so will encourage her to call and see what they can offer later.
BYRON

5th Dec 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate who works for sky sent me:

New Customers
12 months half price sky tv when you take entertainment extra+ and you can add;
half price sky sports
half price sky movies
half price HD pack
plus free sky+ hd box and standard set up

Existing customers
Entertainment extra+ for 12 months for half price plus
Half price HD pack
free standard install
free sky+ hd box
excludes exisiting hd+ households
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Virgin is decent. Their red hot sale was good too recently.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Bart

5th Dec 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bryon, ring them up and politely ask them what deals the lady can offer you.

The first lady will check her system before saying nothing is available.

Ask to be put through to the cancelations department.
When you get through to the next lady, explain that your deal has just expired, your out of contract and you've noticed how much cheaper the comparable Virgin Media package is. What your currently paying is far too expensive in comparison to other providers.

Be very polite and explain you've just been discussing with the previous lady to see if you could be put on any type of deal and you were told no, so you would like to cancel your subscription.

The lady will enquire which Virgin Media package your looking at, you can simply tell her you don't have the details to hand, but you've just got off the phone and you was offered something substantially cheaper.
If she asks for figures, tell her you'd rather not talk about exact figures because you don't want to get into a dutch auction between the two.

Proceed down the line as if you are going to cancel.

From here, 1 of 2 things will happen:

1 - 99% chance, they will offer you a much cheaper package for x months, normally half price a lot of things for 6-8 months.
2 - 1% chance they will cancel your contract.

Your sky contract wont end that day, instead they'll offer you a termination date of when the services will be cut off, this is likely to be a minimum of a couple of weeks.

You can leave it until the last 48 hours and by then you would have likely had a few phone calls offering you deals, but if not, simply ring them backup and claim you've changed your mind and no need to cancel the services.

I've personally rang up twice and have only ever been given discounts,

[Edited on 05-12-2013 by Bart]
Rob_Quads

5th Dec 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just gone through this for the 2nd time.

6 months ago - Was told there was no discounts so put in cancellation. 2 weeks later I rang up to check if there were any offers "before ordering virgin" and they offered the whole TV package for free, just had to pay the HD charge i.e. £10 for the full package for 6 months no contract

That ran out this month so rang up again....no offers so cancelled. They have been trying to ring me so I rang them this evening and they offered half price TV for 12 months which I can still downgrade as I want and with no contract.

Considering the first offer I can't complain.
BYRON

6th Dec 13 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks gents, will be calling them over the weekend. I refuse to go back to virgin so its all or nothing.
John

16th Dec 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half price TV only was the best they would offer me, £73 a month for 2 HD+ boxes full package, phone and broadband.

Just cancelled it, will see if I get a phone call or not.
Andrew

16th Dec 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently cancelled my package John and have received a half price leaflet for 12 months.

Only cancel0led as we are moving house early in the new year and will start up a new deal when we settle in.
LeeM

16th Dec 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to get everything for £38 a month without even using the code, just good blagging. get sports and movies, all channels, 3d, hd, unlimited broadband and line rental for that.
John

16th Dec 13 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally manage but the guy on the phone was an idiot so think I was fighting a losing battle.
Rob_Quads

16th Dec 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It massively depends on timing (as they have a quota) and also who you are speaking to.
1 Sky person I spoke to the first time round was a right c*ck.Going on about how Virgin trap you into a 18th month contract Sky do everything I want (even though i had not told her what I want). Then after cancelling the guy I spoke to was really good.
BYRON

16th Dec 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
i managed to get everything for £38 a month without even using the code, just good blagging. get sports and movies, all channels, 3d, hd, unlimited broadband and line rental for that.

How?!
LeeM

16th Dec 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i called and ordered, went through all the details and then at the end of the call said i was waiting for a friends and family discount so id have to call back. the person i was dealing with rang me every 3 hours for 2 days before they eventually just put the discount on for me.
i started out with standard half price line rental, internet and entertainment extra, then within the first week i said that i knew someone who got internet cheaper so they reduced that to free for 12 months. after that i asked if they could give me half price sports and movies for 12 months because there was a guy in the local shopping centre offering that deal for 6 months (there wasn't) and id take it for 6 and cancel, or take it for 12 and they'd get twice as much money from me.
all done in 3 phone calls.

[Edited on 16-12-2013 by LeeM]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New staff SKY deal? TV, Broadband, Phone Line etc... 23 database queries in 0.0131261 seconds