corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Halfrauds

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfrauds
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Dec 13 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe Halfords can so blatantly rip people off. The web prices are cheaper than in store, to reserve and collect. Yet if you are willing to pay the higher store price they let you. I asked the assistant if i could have the parts at the web price and she did it without even thinking about it. Saved myself £8 just like that.
I made sure the rest of the queue heard about it as well
Tiger

28th Dec 13 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people are stupid enough to pay full price, then I can only applaud halfords business sense, they're making more money for free, they're a business not a charity.
Marc

28th Dec 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happens with most retailers that have websites. Not Halfords ripping people off.
_Allan_

28th Dec 13 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currys are one of the worst
Seen someone pay £250 more for a TV than the online price.

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by _Allan_]
Aaron

28th Dec 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If places like this say no to having the web price....out comes the phone at the till
Marc

28th Dec 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your phone going to do?
_Allan_

28th Dec 13 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He will call Ghostbusters.
Ben G

28th Dec 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eurocarparts are the same.

If you go into the store and order it online infront of them, you can have it with the discounted price they always do.

go into the store and you have to pay the higher price, even if you cant buy it online.

A bloke was in there saying he had trouble paying online and the salesman (who was a rude cunt, swearing infront of customers) told him he would have to pay the store price.

Wankers.
Ben G

28th Dec 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
If places like this say no to having the web price....out comes the phone at the till

Well there you go
Aaron

28th Dec 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
What is your phone going to do?

For the webprice you tard
Marc

28th Dec 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Dec 13 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate the word tard.

Seen a guy paying retail for a battery the other week, knowing full well the trade price would have saved him £50.

Not a nice way of looking at it but you need people like that to keep the deals cheap for the savvy people.

I'd always do the homework, go there knowing the price, and if it doesn't come in that price or cheaper, you don't have to buy it.

Lots of people will go in really really wanting things and get caught up in the moment of being there and just assume its easier to not argue. Actually great business sense if you can be on the right side of it. I'd do it if it wasn't so damn cheeky.
Skylined

28th Dec 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see a problem with it, I've asked in store before and the guy has just told me to order it on my phone and within 10 mins it'll come through to him, so saved £20 on a head unit.
Ben G

28th Dec 13 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is eventually these 'tards' that pay full price will cotton on and then it'll be the death of high street stores.

All you'll have is a collection shop where you go to pick up your reserved stock.
Matt L

28th Dec 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this not the same with most shops around, when you could buy off the hmv site (not been on in a while) but that was always a lot cheaper than in store.
richardworrall
Premium Member

28th Dec 13 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was gonna do it on the phone until the assistant said she'd do it for me through the till. If you dont ask you dont get!!
Ronson

28th Dec 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
If people are stupid enough to pay full price, then I can only applaud halfords business sense, they're making more money for free, they're a business not a charity.
Generation

29th Dec 13 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HMV was different as items were shipped from Jersey.

Most shops online are cheaper, bet you're one of those really annoying people in a shop.

Can't just accept it, and have to act like a complete smart arse shouting fucking head off whilst laughing as you say what you say. Have a complete moan at the people in store that can't change anything, and not tell the people that can change it.

Your people drive me mad.
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 13 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always check the online price before I buy a Mars bar from the spar shop just in case I can get it 2p cheaper.
Ojc

29th Dec 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R y
Jambo

29th Dec 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ry_b

Jambo

29th Dec 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange used to price a phone they had branded at an unfucking-believably overpriced price point for 28days before suddenly displaying it at its market value with a sale sticker and 50% off written above it.

That's the sneakyness.

Pricing things online cheaper makes perfect sense as there are less overheads and you do not get the product instantly. You pay for convinience and the staff/shop/rates/leccy/insurance etc etc No point trying to "prove" something to the shop staff but buying online, they are just doing their job and unless a family fun private shop it will all be priced and designed in the head office and they will have no say of influence in the price of anything.
Instead of displaying your complete ineptitude as a human by making a scene in a shop by finding out they as a business are trying to turn a profit, be polite and simply purchase your goods where they are cheapest. Money talks.

Not that hard to understand.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Dec 13 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is daft that you can have something in your hand, but its cheaper to ship it from Jersey than let you take that one.

But yeah, shop staff can't do anything, pointless to argue.
andy_mk3

29th Dec 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get no end of people complain about this where I work. They can get the same thing online for £100 less than they can walking in. It's stupid.
Ben G

29th Dec 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nowadays I go into the store to have a look at the product i'm buying, then usually buy online and save money.

I only live 5 minutes from almost every shop imaginable, so it's not too bad. Wouldn't be so good if you lived far away from shops.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Halfrauds 22 database queries in 0.0161600 seconds