corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question regarding previous accident and insurance renewal.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author question regarding previous accident and insurance renewal.
Ben G

User status: Offline
26th Feb 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an accident in October in the other halfs focus. It wasn't our fault and the other parties insurance company paid for everything.

Renewals is now due and my insurance company haven't included it on either of our policy details even though we informed them.

I was the driver so it'll need to be included on my policy, but does it need to be on her policy also?

It's a multicar policy through admiral, so same policy number with 2 cars. I'm main driver on mine, she is on her's.

Oh and the renewal was 817 for mine and 810 for her's, even though last year it was 530 and 720. Madness.

[Edited on 26-02-2014 by Ben G]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch, I had a non fault last year and it didnt put my premium up. its gone down infact.

The Abarth & Megane all mods declared is less than 800 on admiral multicar the megane is 450 odd of that.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Feb 14 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you even declare it??
BeetleGav

26th Feb 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch that's pricey. You tried quoting without multicar?
My renewal was about £760 :/
RobHayes

26th Feb 14 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same last year. old fart drove into me. I rang my insurance who gave me his insurance details and said they didn't need to be involved if I didn't want them to. Dealt directly with the old guys insurance, and my insurance haven't included the non-fault accident on my renewal.
oh, and I pay just over £500/year. Over £800 seems high?
Ben G

26th Feb 14 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to be clear, this is the price without the accident added, so they're trying it on.

Just got an email from them saying they've miscalculated my premium and it's too high. They're going to re-do it.

My question still stands though. Does the accident need to be declared in my name or both our names?

Ben G

26th Feb 14 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Why would you even declare it??

Why would you not? They know about it already.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She hasn't had an accident or made a claim, you have had an accident; the claim was against the third party's insurer therefore just your good self is required to declare it.
Ben G

26th Feb 14 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers. Not a problem really as i'm old now. It'll just go down as a non fault accident with no claim made.

Shes still young by insurance standards so it would've affected her more.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A claim was made though albeit not against your own insurers.
Ben G

26th Feb 14 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, although thats the same thing I put last time I had a non fault accident and they were fine with it
pow
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a named driver is a con. If you have an accident as a named driver, you have to declare it and then the person who's policy it is has to declare it as well, even if they weren't anywhere near the car
mwg

26th Feb 14 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a piss take that you have to declare claims that aren't your fault tbh.
John

26th Feb 14 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Statistics show that it makes you more likely to have another crash. So although I don't agree with most of the things they do. If they have actual figures to back it up, it's a genuine factor in how they price your policy.
Ben G

26th Feb 14 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price has now been changed to 1287 for both cars, but the accident is only under her name, not mine.

so they added the accident themselves and lowered the price, but didn't put the accident under my name.

confusing.
Ben G

26th Feb 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a new multicar quote and its now 579 for mine and 638 for her's, so 1218 total. Much better.

Weirdly, thats with my mum and nan removed off both policies (they used to reduce the premium, but actually raise it now). They must have cottoned on to this.

Also, thats with the accident on both our policies and also with the missus added as a named driver on my car.

Not bad, but a bit annoyed my car is still 40 odd quid more than last year.
Carl

26th Feb 14 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's bull shit, they make it up as they go along. my missus had an accident on my policy once, I just took the hit as it was my policy, no point her having it on her history 2.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My multi car renewal was extortionate. I ended up getting quotes for both cars on Seperate policies then going back to them. The cheapest quotes were all bell group companies. Strangely.

Don't understand the whole declare accident that was not your fault thing. That should be banned.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Corsa_Sport21

26th Feb 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under what section do you need to declare it??

It wasn't your fault, and you never claimed. So why should they even need to know??

Wasn't it that Lee bloke who worked in insurance that cleared it up saying the way they word it makes it look like something it isn't and you don't actually need to tell them.
John

26th Feb 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Statistics show that it makes you more likely to have another crash. So although I don't agree with most of the things they do. If they have actual figures to back it up, it's a genuine factor in how they price your policy.

Which is why they want you to declare it.
Carl

27th Feb 14 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they ask if you've been involved in an accident dont they?
Ben G

27th Feb 14 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Carl. If they asked whether i've made any claims, I wouldn't need to declare it. But as they've worded it differently, I need to tell them.

Plus side is they appear to have taken off the 'any windscreen claims' bit. I guess they tried to cash in on that but failed.
mwg

27th Feb 14 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Although I understand that I still think it's unfair, you are effectively being penalised for something that wasn't your fault.
John

27th Feb 14 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean but I can also see how 'non-fault' can actually be your fault.

Although someone shouldn't run into the back of you, it could have been your road positioning or indication or whatever that's been the actual start of the incident. (edit just to say that it's still completely the fault of the person behind).

If the car has been parked out in the street in the same place it has for the past 20 years and someone hits you one day and drives off. That's pretty unfair to be penalised for.

[Edited on 27-02-2014 by John]
JonnyJ

27th Feb 14 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone hit me on a mini roundabout when they decided give way to the right didn't apply. Never declared it on my next renewal, didn't have any issues #YOLO

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » question regarding previous accident and insurance renewal. 23 database queries in 0.0160038 seconds