corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car transportation companies.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car transportation companies.
BluKoo

User status: Offline
21st Mar 14 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone had any experience with or got any recommendations for a good, careful car transportation company?

The car will be going from Surrey to Stonehaven.

Thanks
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a good company in Sheffield and as you generally pay both ways the round trip mileage would be the same. Though i would be tempted to use someone local to the delivery address, the closer they are the happier i would be about rectifying any issues should they arrise. Also maybe useful to network with these guys should Polished Bliss ever need them, they must have plenty of garage queens transported up to them.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by Toby]
pow
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used an Aylesbury one-man-band and he was brilliant, nice bloke, attention to detail etc.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by pow]
whitter45

21st Mar 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

serious question - can you not just drive it

appreciate its a highly expensive car but surely driving it back will be part of the expereince

especially when it can be fully worked on by your brother to maintain condition
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
serious question - can you not just drive it

appreciate its a highly expensive car but surely driving it back will be part of the expereince

especially when it can be fully worked on by your brother to maintain condition

The car has just been detailed and is mint. It's about a 550 mile drive along motorways. Not exactly the most exciting of drives. Plus there's the possibility of stone chips and getting caught speeding. You just know the temptation would be there - haha
It's also the lowest mileage example I've seen yet so the more we can do to keep the miles down the better.

Plus, if we fly down to do the deal then fly back up, the car can meet us there in a few extra hours and we haven't had to sit in bucket seats and harnesses for 5-6 hours.
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
I know a good company in Sheffield and as you generally pay both ways the round trip mileage would be the same. Though i would be tempted to use someone local to the delivery address, the closer they are the happier i would be about rectifying any issues should they arrise. Also maybe useful to network with these guys should Polished Bliss ever need them, they must have plenty of garage queens transported up to them.

If you let me know the name of the company I'll add that to the list of ones to look into. Thanks.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://plus.google.com/115953319134980178450/about?gl=uk&hl=en

Use them for work purposes around Yorkshire delivering vehicles.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by Toby]
alan-g-w

21st Mar 14 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Then we haven't had to sit in buckets and harnesses for 5-6hrs'

In a GT3 RS. You've led a charmed life son
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Mar 14 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should it not go on a fully covered one if its prestige? See them like a 7.5t recovery but with full curtains.
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
'Then we haven't had to sit in buckets and harnesses for 5-6hrs'

In a GT3 RS. You've led a charmed life son

I know that's a total first world problem isn't is

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Should it not go on a fully covered one if its prestige? See them like a 7.5t recovery but with full curtains.

Yeah, it'll be an enclosed trailer.
That Twigg Bros Recovery doesn't exactly look like what I'm after.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by BluKoo]
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do your general transportation but I'm confident that they also use a bodied vehicle to transport vehicles that are covered as a colleague used the a few years back to move am prestige vehicle, assuming that's what your after and not on the back of a recovery truck.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok just asked him, Im talking bollocks, it was these he used for a Ferrari into Europe and not Twigg.

http://www.anchorvehiclelogistics.com/index.html
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok just asked him, Im talking bollocks, it was these he used for a Ferrari into Europe and not Twigg.

http://www.anchorvehiclelogistics.com/index.html

Cheers Toby. Just applied for a quote from them however they don't appear to do UK to UK transport. They seem to deal with transporting overseas etc. They were able to pass my details to a company who have just given me a call
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Plus there's the possibility of stone chips and getting caught speeding.

the more we can do to keep the miles down the better.

sit in bucket seats and harnesses for 5-6 hours.

It's a sad day for driving when you buy an amazing car and don't want to drive it. I can understand the need to get it delivered and I'm not being a cunt here but why spend all that money on a car such as that to hide it away in a garage most of it's life and just look how shiny the paint is?

Sounds like a fucking fun roadtrip to me. The best part about picking a new car up is the fun you have there/on the way back.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me personally I agree with that to an extent, a car should be driven. Though i dont judge those that do prefer to keep them inside a garage to enjoy as people have different priorities regardless of what the object is. The same question could be asked to those who enjoy art? Why spend £m's on something to look at, it doesnt do anything, just sits there, but its what it is to the individual.

However, driving a car all way from south London to Aberdeen (if my geography is right) isnt a drive i would be doing regardless of car and when you can pay someone to take the hassle away why not?

DannyB
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why spend £m's on something to look at, it doesnt do anything, just sits there, but its what it is to the individual.

You can't compare the two though as art doesn't really have another use other than on the wall to be looked at.

quote:
However, driving a car all way from south London to Aberdeen (if my geography is right) isnt a drive i would be doing regardless of car and when you can pay someone to take the hassle away why not?

As I say the roadtrip for me is the best part, I'd quite happily do that in any car. Like I say though I'm not trying to be a cunt, I'm not judging his choice. Merely giving an opinion.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Mar 14 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I beg to differ not every piece of art only has one use and art is subjective, its what it is to an individual as is a vehicle or any other object for that matter. However, my priorities would lie with driving this over every single road i could, thats not the same for a lot of people.

Im not suggesting you are being a cunt, nor am i intending to do the same. Giving my opinion just like yourself.
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car will get a good outing when it gets home, and the rest of the summer. The roads around here are much better than a monotonous motorway journey.

He also needs to find a company to do an agreed valuation policy on it before he drives it up the road.
Apparently there aren't many who will do that on a 4 year old car.

At least if it's transported it's covered by their insurance which would be an agreed value before it's loaded.

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by BluKoo]
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Mar 14 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8h30m if you don't need fuel, which at 537 you will a few times.

Add on 20m for each of those

9h10m if you have no other breaks.

Add on the time to do the deal.

Work around flight times so you can't even leave when you want to.

M25, M40, M6, A74(M), M74, M73, M80, doesn't start getting interesting until the A9 and even that isn't a fantastic road for drive a fast car.

All that in a racing car with daft seats.

I'm not scared of missions but I'd think twice about taking that on.
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

M25, M40, M6, A74(M), M74, M73, M80, doesn't start getting interesting until the A9 and even that isn't a fantastic road for drive a fast car.

A man with his head screwed on
taylorboosh

21st Mar 14 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he seen it yet? Its a lot of money to take someones word
taylorboosh

21st Mar 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why don't you ask jed to trailer it up?
BluKoo

21st Mar 14 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Has he seen it yet? Its a lot of money to take someones word

Rob Tomlin from Supercar Detailing is going to inspect the car. He is a friend of my brothers and he inspected his 996 GT3 Clubsport prior to purchase. He's a very trusted and reliable source.

The car was previously detailed by Paul Dalton at Miracle Detail and the owner is going to get Paul to give it a quick once over before Rob inspects it. I expect it to be nothing but perfect.
whitter45

21st Mar 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

really I have drove many round trips over 500miles in a day

Also travel the night before if time is an issue

Each to their own but I would be driving - although I will never be in a position to spend 100k on a car so maybe thats why i think this way
taylorboosh

21st Mar 14 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play... Also what an epic inheritance you and your brother will recieve

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car transportation companies. 22 database queries in 0.0164468 seconds