corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So a lad I know had a little off this weekend

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So a lad I know had a little off this weekend
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 14 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pal of mine had a little off at Knockhill on Sunday. Lost brakes at about 120 and ended up making contact with that big fuck off pile of rubble that was left there. If you look closely you'll also see rebar poking about a foot through the ground too. I'm not sure why they even opened the track tbh? gutted for him though. He's spent a fucking fortune on this car the last year, proper track spec EVO6 running about 550bhp. He ended up in hospital with 5 broken ribs and his passenger was slightly injured I think, cage did its job well.

Before:

After:

Daimo B

24th Mar 14 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold up, they opened the track, whilst that huge mass of stones is on the side of the track????

Scotland - Trying to loose its only circuit.

That is proper naughty opening the circuit with that there.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, I don't understand why they did and I've not heard a response from them via my friend yet. I'm sure they wouldn't have it in that stae for the BTCC or Super Bkes.

Cleland was there today testing his Vectra as well as a bike track day and I was told that it's away now, as well as the rebar. Not 100% on that, just what I heard.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Location of the crash

Mieran

24th Mar 14 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for him.

How did he end up there going in reverse?
mike56gte

24th Mar 14 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who was driving? Roy?
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track was reverse I think and was behind someone doing around 120 he says, went to brake and nothing was there so he had to avoid the other car and pull off, there wasn't a run off. Just that mound of rubble.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
Who was driving? Roy?

John

25th Mar 14 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't complain about the mound unless it was the first lap and there was no possible way to see it. After you've seen it, if you decided to continue, how is it someone else's fault?
mike56gte

25th Mar 14 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sake. They have spent some amount of money on that aswell. He was at crail with it about a month ago running some pretty quick times.
Mieran

25th Mar 14 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye track was in reverse yesterday but where he ended up at looks like he was going normal direction.

Either way, shit happens and glad both are still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTdtp2sIas

[Edited on 25-03-2014 by Mieran]
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Can't complain about the mound unless it was the first lap and there was no possible way to see it. After you've seen it, if you decided to continue, how is it someone else's fault?

No one is pinning 100% of the blame on Knockhill, that's not been said in here or anywhere. Like any track day you drive at your own risk.

But questions need to be answered about why the track was opened in such a state. No matter the direction you're coming to that corner at high speed, so someone should have clicked it wasnt a good idea to have a 10 tonne rubble pile at the end.
John

25th Mar 14 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drivers didn't click not to be doing 120 towards it?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Come on, stop being a twat for 5 minutes and use your brain. It's a fucking track day not a tickle competition. You're going at a very fast pace down the start/finish in reverse as you are going the normal direction. People won't be doing 60mph down there.
Mieran

25th Mar 14 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why go to a track day and not drive flat out? Makes no sense
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Braking in reverse probably starts around here at the marks, plenty of time at that speed but with no brakes and by the time you've realised you've no brakes you're another 40 feet ahead and the only thing you can do is pull off or go head on in to the barrier with hardly any run off.

Daimo B

25th Mar 14 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This also does raise a serious safety issue for BSB (or any race event) actually. I hope Knockhill take note of this incident.

If a racer looses control or gets knocked off at the entrance to this bend during a race and skittles the rest of the field, this could really kill someone. The fact its downhill, the inside run off is even more downhill, and the track is not flat (accross circuit) should raise some major safety concerns for this years racing. Its a bad corner design at the moment. Its a fast straight, leading into a tight bend, with hardly any run-off area both inside and outside the bend.

As I'm that bored, I'm actually thinking of sending Knockhill my safety improvements.

Yellow = Gravel Trap
Blue = Air Fence
Red = Barrier.

Edit, I have actually emailed Knockhill and the British Superbike team my concerns. Geek, maybe, but better to raise in advance rather than wait until someone is seriously injured.

[Edited on 25-03-2014 by Daimo B]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please tell me you aren't actually sending that to knockhill
Daimo B

25th Mar 14 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yip, sorry my MS Paint skills are not up to your high standards, but as I've put in my email

I've attached a VERY crude image of my plans (I really do mean crude) that MAY help, or at least raise a few eyebrows that the official safety team could consider on a far more professional standard. But hopefully it shows the basic principle of my suggestion.

Edit, it is quite bad, might try to find a recent image of that corner with changes.

Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your self importance actually knows no bounds.

They do not need some jumped up cunt from a forum who knows relatively fuck all about tracks or track safety with some wanky diagram.

I'd actually feel embarrassed if I was you.

[Edited on 25-03-2014 by Steve]
Daimo B

25th Mar 14 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still live at home and bought a 4x4 that doesn't go through puddles so your opinion is invalid if you are embarrassed for me.

My self importance has nothing to do with it at all. Its a genuine safety concern.

I actually go on race circuits too, I do more in a month than you've done, period. I also don't build "track" cars but never actually drive them on track.

Still, nice to see your mother hasn't trained that potty spec keyboard mouth of yours in yet Sticks and stones, names won't hurt n all that shazzle
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
This also does raise a serious safety issue for BSB (or any race event) actually. I hope Knockhill take note of this incident.

If a racer looses control or gets knocked off at the entrance to this bend during a race and skittles the rest of the field, this could really kill someone. The fact its downhill, the inside run off is even more downhill, and the track is not flat (accross circuit) should raise some major safety concerns for this years racing. Its a bad corner design at the moment. Its a fast straight, leading into a tight bend, with hardly any run-off area both inside and outside the bend.

As I'm that bored, I'm actually thinking of sending Knockhill my safety improvements.

Yellow = Gravel Trap
Blue = Air Fence
Red = Barrier.

Edit, I have actually emailed Knockhill and the British Superbike team my concerns. Geek, maybe, but better to raise in advance rather than wait until someone is seriously injured.

Nice one Hermann

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daimo B

25th Mar 14 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its amazing what you'll do when doing a 12hr night shift from your sofa I tidied it up a bit, people can rip the piss, but its a fair safety comment it you understand how far a bike/car can go when out of control.

Imagine your a bike, cranked over to the left, when some bike has an accident at 120mph braking into the hairpin. Out of no-where, a bike plays skittles with your leg/bike as your turning. Serious injuries can be obtained.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Mar 14 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a video on YouTube somewhere (i'll find it later) of an old Beemer going off at the exit of charlies (Cadwell Park) and he ends up on wet grass on the infield "skittling across" the exit of mansfield, narrowly missing other cars - so I know what you're getting at.

The infield grass he crossed is on a steep gradiant down towards mansfield too, so he had no chance of stopping - similar to your scenario at KH.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

25th Mar 14 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol im with steve... Bet thats like the joke email they forward around...

Look what this retard sent lmao

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So a lad I know had a little off this weekend 23 database queries in 0.0151660 seconds