corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Going from a new (ish) car to an older one...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going from a new (ish) car to an older one...
nathy_87

User status: Offline
11th Aug 14 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While still looking at Convertibles, another car popped up that I wouldn't usually take a second look at, however for some reason I have and yes it's slightly different to what I was looking at before. ASubaru Impreza Wagon. the thing is, mines only 4 years old so I'm used to all the new tech etc and lower miles (if I'm going to tell the truth), what would you do?

*sigh*
Balling
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That thing is hideous!

But then I've never been a fan of these types of cars.

Could never go back to an old car, personally.

nathy_87

11th Aug 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can see people saying its hideous/chav (double spoiler) But got a soft spot for these at the minute.
Marc

11th Aug 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it. Prefer the saloon/couple but the estates can look nice. Especially the Jap ones.
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just gone from a 58plate astra with auto everything, to using my nans 2006 chevvy lacceti with fuck all on it,

its horrendous
nathy_87

11th Aug 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chev Lacetti.
John

11th Aug 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Boxster BTW but its nathy so he'll buy a shit 4x4 or something equally as unrelated.

lol

I love driving my old rav4 that has nothing.
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Chev Lacetti.

did the evo triangle in it m8

1.6 with 12,000 miles
mwg

11th Aug 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's wrong with what you've got?
Brett
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wont get it anyway imo
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from a 2010 car (in 2012) to a 2005 Impreza. Love it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyCorsaSport

11th Aug 14 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I went from a 2010 car (in 2012) to a 2005 Impreza. Love it

Slight difference really yours was only 7 years old. Plus yours is nice

Gaurenteed you will hate going from your car to a 16 year old Impreza. Which will deffinatly be rusty.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Aug 14 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Impreza will probably have as much tech as your current car, and probably drive better too.

Try going back to a 1990 hot hatch with pretty much no creature comforts or sound deadening etc. Now that takes some getting used to.

Also, is that a genuine STi?? Thought they had a red inlet manifold?
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 14 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went from a 54 plate BMW 330d msport to a 03 plate van. I'd not go back. Van is far superior for my needs.
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a 2011 Corsa Ltd Ed and a 1993 MX5. Pros and cons to both.

The Corsa is solid, safe, refined, isn't too boring to drive and brilliant at cruising along the motorway.

The MX5 is rattly, louder, you sit much closer to the ground and is amazing on the twistys but obviously isn't made for motorways, so it's a bit more tiring for a long distance drive.

Both are good to own. I think my point is, it's not age that's the issue, but rather the purpose of the car.

My MX5 is miles better than the Corsa for certain things, and the Corsa is much better for others.

MX5 Project Thread
andys sxi
Premium Member

11th Aug 14 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't go from a newish car to a p reg car you've I'll provably hate it. Can't you get something a bit newer?

April 08 feature car
BarnshaW

12th Aug 14 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i can bet you one thing, a 1997 impreza with 110k will give you nothing but bills and constant misery.

a decent low mileage well maintained classic sets you back 4k+ nowadays, much more for the more desirable type r's , P1's etc.

If you want reliability then this will not be the one for you.
DaveyLC

12th Aug 14 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
if i can bet you one thing, a 1997 impreza with 110k will give you nothing but bills and constant misery.

^^^THIS!

You are looking at that Impreza through rose tinted glasses, TAKE THEM OFF IMMEDIATELY

It will be a big bag of crap, here are the tell-tale signs:

1) They didn't do a V3 STi SportWagon (bonus bullshit points for the owner) so its probably a standard SportWagon as being an import the V5C will just say 'Subaru'.. Its also been in this country for 11 years so its seen 11 salty British winters, they didn't do a very good job of undersealing these cars for the Japanese market.
2) At 110k miles an EJ20 is going to be about to shit its pants especially if its been fettled with by bullshit-barry and the ebay pub brigade.
3) The interior shots are very carefully take to hide the fact that the drivers seat has probably been regularly sat in by a 20stone sweaty ape and as such will be absolutely hanging.
4) eBay front mount with blitz painted on it oh and don't forget the 50bhp heat-wrap!

And to top it off he wants the best part of Ł2.5k for the bag of shit! AVOID at all costs.
Brett
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nathy_87

12th Aug 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've been told and I'm going to listen
nathy_87

12th Aug 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
I wouldn't go from a newish car to a p reg car you've I'll provably hate it. Can't you get something a bit newer?

Yeah I can go newer, just can't find any I like.

And looking back at the engine it looks....thrown in.
DaveyLC

12th Aug 14 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like or Afford? They are two very different things.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Aug 14 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

^^^THIS!

You are looking at that Impreza through rose tinted glasses, TAKE THEM OFF IMMEDIATELY

It will be a big bag of crap, here are the tell-tale signs:

1) They didn't do a V3 STi SportWagon (bonus bullshit points for the owner) so its probably a standard SportWagon as being an import the V5C will just say 'Subaru'.. Its also been in this country for 11 years so its seen 11 salty British winters, they didn't do a very good job of undersealing these cars for the Japanese market.
2) At 110k miles an EJ20 is going to be about to shit its pants especially if its been fettled with by bullshit-barry and the ebay pub brigade.
3) The interior shots are very carefully take to hide the fact that the drivers seat has probably been regularly sat in by a 20stone sweaty ape and as such will be absolutely hanging.
4) eBay front mount with blitz painted on it oh and don't forget the 50bhp heat-wrap!

And to top it off he wants the best part of Ł2.5k for the bag of shit! AVOID at all costs.

Your 1) comment isn't true, so not sure i would want to take the rest of your advice on board.

They did do an STi V3 Wagon. JDM only.
Toby
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Fuck all about imprezza's and can guarantee Davey is accurate with the rest.
nathy_87

12th Aug 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Like or Afford? They are two very different things.

like*

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Going from a new (ish) car to an older one... 23 database queries in 0.0142801 seconds