corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Setting up Ltd. Company

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Setting up Ltd. Company
ShEp

User status: Offline
1st May 15 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone done this?

Need some info, u2u may be more appropriate?

Just setting mine up but could do with a couple of pointers.
Aaron

1st May 15 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U James, he's the expert around here
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

1st May 15 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid 19.99 and it was setup. Registered for VAT and got an accountant.
--ToM--

1st May 15 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only need to register for vat if you turn over more than £82k a year, then you open another business in the unit next door with a slightly different name then you can earn £164k turnover
Dom

2nd May 15 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
I paid 19.99 and it was setup. Registered for VAT and got an accountant.

Likewise. Finding a decent accountant, who's actually willing to save you money, is about the most difficult part of it.

[Edited on 02-05-2015 by Dom]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd May 15 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Only need to register for vat if you turn over more than £82k a year, then you open another business in the unit next door with a slightly different name then you can earn £164k turnover

If your doing B2B or buying a lot of stock registering for vat is worthwhile. I do B2B and I keep 6% of the vat the rest goes to hmrc
--ToM--

2nd May 15 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Repairs service and mot etc we do
Dee25790

2nd May 15 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Companies house doesn't take long throw your details in and your away
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd May 15 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it for an agency or something?

Register with companies house - get certificate of incorporation.
Bank details - set up business banking account
Relevant insurances - professional Indemnity, Public liability and Employers liability.

Anything else specific to your business - other relevant insurances, set up vat registration etc.

A company like kings bridge would quote you for insurances.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
DaveyLC

2nd May 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not that had to do it directly through companies house.. Also speak to an accountant first, in some cases its not beneficial to your tax bill, oh and you'll want to have a decent accountant on board otherwise PAYE and returns are a ballache.
pow
Premium Member

2nd May 15 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do my own accounts and I find it quite easy lol. Good bookkeeping is the key to it.
Dee25790

3rd May 15 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I do my own accounts and I find it quite easy lol. Good bookkeeping is the key to it.

This is true. Putin every receipt you get in your door pocket then seeing your arse come March/April definitely isn't the way to do it. Learnt the hard way
pow
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I do that, just chuck a little aside every month to pay the tax bill. So all my receipts at the same time, just keep them well organised and keep a boss excel spreadsheet (happy to email mine if you want it).

I've always been fairly good with maths so I can go oh I earnt about this much, I'll chuck about this much into the 'tax account' this month. Over estimate it slightly and you normally end up with a little tidy sum at the end of the year anyway

[Edited on 03-05-2015 by pow]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Iirc you can do that being self employed but running a ltd company you need some one qualified to do your books.
pow
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh really? Didn't know that, fair enough. I'm happy with self employed at the moment then
Gary
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This its the software that's needed for Ltd and partnership as you can't self assess, hence using an accountant who has sage etc instead of forking out for it yourself
pow
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohh I see. I just use Excel and bash it all into the self self assessment thingy online, however I imagine it's different for a company as I'm only assessing myself, not the company.
Gary
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. I've just set up a partnership with the lad I work with thinking we could just self assess like usual but found otherwise
DaveyLC

3rd May 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Being a LTD company is different though Pow, you have to submit monthly PAYE, keep everything in a business account and various other complications.

I pay an Accountant £90 a month for the pleasure of not having to deal with that shit.

[Edited on 03-05-2015 by DaveyLC]
Gary
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DaveyLCs garden sheds LTD imo
ShEp

3rd May 15 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even more confused now

Think I'll go see an accountant, I need to register as Ltd. for work, a lot of contract I work on nowadays require guys to be Ltd.

A lot of boys just receive umbrella payments, but after reading up on that, it's dodgy as f**k and not really something I want to get involved in.

It's for welding, working on rig contracts & boats, but I'm also a qualified mechanic, so most things I used to class as homers will be run through the company.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Umbrella work is fine nothing wrong with it. It's easy too your paye via the umbrella and they sort everything obviously get a cut but it works if your lazy and not good at keeping records.
Andrew

3rd May 15 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a sole trader, it's easy to do a tax return. If you are going LTD get an accountant.
ShEp

3rd May 15 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Umbrella work is fine nothing wrong with it. It's easy too your paye via the umbrella and they sort everything obviously get a cut but it works if your lazy and not good at keeping records.

The way I read umbrella payments is just tax dodging, as soon as the company your with gets found out, they're abroad and leave you n the shit owing 100's to the tax man.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
quote:

The way I read umbrella payments is just tax dodging, as soon as the company your with gets found out, they're abroad and leave you n the shit owing 100's to the tax man.

Not at all. Umbrella companies can be good. There are dodgy ones out there but you can dodge tax being ltd too

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Setting up Ltd. Company 23 database queries in 0.0127580 seconds