corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVS
Corsaman303
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jun 15 at 04:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the ppl who went down, what are your thoughts on this year's show.
I made it a weekend job with bbq and beers.
But was very let down with the hole Sunday apart from watching a couple car run the
Strip and looking around the cars I was pretty much bored come 12 o'clock
--ToM--

11th Jun 15 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's PVS for you
Ian W

11th Jun 15 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
That's most car shows for you

Very rarely is there anything to do once you have done the walk around a couple of times.
Mark.W

11th Jun 15 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality on the stands were poor this year i thought.
Corsaman303
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv always enjoyed meself to the very end most years but just seemed to be missing something to split the day up
pow
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First year we haven't been in attendance, and apart from missing catching up with everyone I didn't miss it
Generation

11th Jun 15 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't go for this reason. Have been the last 5 years. Mostly the same cars. There's no entertainment and some bloke making loads of noise in the strips microphone that I can't understand.

Went to a jap show this year, and made pvs look pathetic.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was there on the Sunday, thoroughly enjoyed it tbh but it was my first show for a couple of years.
I get what your saying about the same cars, some of the stands were pretty boring, badly set-up so you couldn't walk round them or full of cars you'd see parked in tesco.. (Arden blue vxr's)

But that said there was a lot if new stuff I haven't seen before, and a lot of good quality builds from drag spec to stance and audio. The show probably isn't a patch on japshow or some vw events due to the lack of entertainment and other things going on throughout the day.
For me it was a great day to catch up with old faces and meet some new people, did miss the Corsasport atmosphere though.

Also did anyone notice the massive empty space down from the performance vauxhall stand??
Looked about the right size for a Corsasport marque &#128540;&#128514;

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
taylorboosh

11th Jun 15 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went, met some sound people and had a right laugh and got smashed sat night, like properly smashed.

Sunday i waljed around a bit and had a look, some lush cars but again the only people i seen from cs were jed and markw. Seen dannys car but not him, also seen beinl corsa c...

Enjoyed it but left at 1:30

Will be at billing on mk2 cav stand sat and sunday so might meet some of you there
l88fty
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The organisation from Kelsey Media wasn't very professional, the lack of a clear stand map prior to the event meant that people couldn't work out their stand layouts prior to the event, also it was taking a long time for the marshells to get cars to the correct club stands, then forcing them into space because they were blocking the lanes, thus ending up with the abondoned car park look.

The trade was bigger this year that I've even seen it, which meant the Top 20 was pushed further down and because they wanted to use the Tarmac for the new diving skills course we ended up with clubs on the grass. The sound stage was located where it was due to the club stands being spread out so much apparently and they wanted to spread everything out more so people didn't forget about the clubs down on the grass.

Was gutted Corsa Sport wasn't there, would of enjoyed finally being able to show for CS and I was very lucky to get picked for the Adrian Flux stand.

Because I had the audio going most of the day, I didn't do much other than keep an eye on the car & have a quick walk around the Tarmac club stands & trade. Agreed there was some very nice motors on the club stands but also a load of crap as well.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Ellis

11th Jun 15 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do people even modify Vauxhall's anymore?

Round my way the closest you get nowadays is a Corsa VXR with some stickers and a silly toy hanging from the rear tow eye.

The world seemed to be full of Nova turbo's and XE Corsa's 5-10 years ago. Modifying cars in general has changed though, I'll concede that.
Generation

11th Jun 15 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of modified vauxhall cars around. Pvs selling out and so many people missi out showed this
pow
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the camping like this year? It's always an interesting one pvs
taylorboosh

11th Jun 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was good, i was wankered though and couldnt speak
--ToM--

11th Jun 15 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jap, ford, vag and even the American shows are so much better, I won't be going PVS again, will do billing though that's better and less off a twatfest.

[Edited on 11-06-2015 by --ToM--]
LukesCorsaSXi

11th Jun 15 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I didn't go for this reason. Have been the last 5 years. Mostly the same cars. There's no entertainment and some bloke making loads of noise in the strips microphone that I can't understand.

Went to a jap show this year, and made pvs look pathetic.

100% Agree.

Went Japfest/Japfest 2 this year and last year, drifting, BMX shows, 4x4 Hill climbing, Subaru rallying runs, drifting runs, far more stands, far better organisation etc.

Although I enjoyed PVS due to it being the first time i've been in my own car, I still think Japfest/2 are far superior. (Not just for the cars) At one point I was blocked in by traffic of cars moving both ways, they had to move a car off a stand and send me down the side of the strip to get me out as I wasn't able to access my stand. (Even though the marshalls had directed me that way)
pow
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Billing is a nice weekend in a nice setting with awesome people in the club. Need to get me a teent for this year.
Corsaman303
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean I was pretty lucky meself to be asked to show with vectra gsi club last minute. But even then a got sum pretty good shots of the car but was let down by the Sunday. Camping on the Saturday was a bit of a laugh to be far bbq going with beers
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 04:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasn't quite the same, big name company's not attending, big clubs like ours (corsa sport) left out, loads of empty spaces. bit of a mess really. even flux stand was small, the cars they had were good though.

roll on vboa!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I went, met some sound people and had a right laugh and got smashed sat night, like properly smashed.

Sunday i waljed around a bit and had a look, some lush cars but again the only people i seen from cs were jed and markw. Seen dannys car but not him, also seen beinl corsa c...

Will be at billing on mk2 cav stand sat and sunday so might meet some of you there

yess make sure you come over and say hi at Billing
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting feedback here .... was abit weird not going to PVS this year but hey ho...
Jambo

12th Jun 15 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been for donkey's years but fancied going this year due to my recent shed purchase.

However nobody was about and I could't be arsed as CS weren't going.

Searched for pics on the net, seems there are hardly any anywhere. Looked on AON and MIG etc, very few threads even about it. All seemed a bit odd. Will attempt Billing
johnny86
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Not been for donkey's years but fancied going this year due to my recent shed purchase.

Searched for pics on the net, seems there are hardly any anywhere. Looked on AON and MIG etc, very few threads even about it. All seemed a bit odd. Will attempt Billing

I've never been billing and really looking forward to it. Only met a few cs members too be good to meet the rest
Generation

12th Jun 15 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

I think most people just upload pics to Facebook. Rather than pissing about with image codes etc
timmee

12th Jun 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

i'll be on the Vauxhall drivers club stand right in the corner where it meets the mk2 cav stand i'll be the lard ass polishing a corsa vxr lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVS 23 database queries in 0.0174379 seconds