corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)
Lynny

User status: Offline
26th Apr 05 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

riiiight, well this lad called garrie (who made that one mile ahead site with all the pics on), was talkin to a doctor about the place and asked why its firstly abonded, and secondly guarded so well, to which the doctor replied 'because it has the active TB virus on the grounds', for anyone who doesn tknow, TB cant live outside a host for more than a few minutes etc, and therefore if the place has been shut for about 20 years now i think, surely the virus/bacteria/whatever it is would have died out yes?, when garrie questioned the doctor about this, he just went sorta quiet, and came out with 'it has nothing to do with u, just dont question it and leave the place alone'...then walked off quickly....!
anyways, furthermore, even if the whole TB thin was true, then surely it wudnt jst stay in the confinds of the building, with winds etc isurely it would be spread to the village couple hundred metres away?

last time we went a few weeks ago, we went round the back way where all the 'quiet rooms' etc are for the patients however had to quickly move as the guards were round the corner
when we first went round, passed a building and all the windows upstairs were shut, the ones downstairs were boarded up....about 30 minutes later a window had been opened upstairs all doors etc cannot be opened tho....
one of the freakiest things though was one of the buildings u can see in and there was a board with loads of names on, and what activites they were to be doing that day, things like 'reality orientation' etc etc
dave17

26th Apr 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohhh so it still sounds spooky then

u need to get in there properly to have a look, would reccomend face masks or something tho, with all this TB talk, you never know whats around there really.

seems odd about the doctor though, if theres nothing to hide, then wouldn u just answer all the questions??

bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TRANSFORMATION FOR DIRELICT HOSPITAL

Plans are in the pipeline to transform a derelict hospital site into a new housing estate creating 250 jobs.
St Mary's Hospital in Stannington, near Morpeth, Northumberland, has stood empty since it was closed in 1996.
Now plans are being considered to flatten it to make way for a new development including 178 houses, a bistro and office space.
www.bbc.co.uk
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, im not immune to TB as havent had my BCG injection
theres one building we cant get near, this one:

and the tower bit on the side...
most the rooms we've been in/looked in look pretty standard, we wana find operating room and morgue we recon its in that main bit...
rooms we have been in are awful though, u jst get that stale air taste at back of throat, makes u want to throw up

[Edited on 26-04-2005 by Lynny]
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will see what i can do, my mum works for one of the uks largest private, mental, elderly health companies. I can see what she can find on some records.

Seems very strange though, same as near me

severalls hospital in colchester was mental place, now derelict so we think and has a huge fence around it with security. There are lots of stories about whats happened there in the past.
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
TRANSFORMATION FOR DIRELICT HOSPITAL

Plans are in the pipeline to transform a derelict hospital site into a new housing estate creating 250 jobs.
St Mary's Hospital in Stannington, near Morpeth, Northumberland, has stood empty since it was closed in 1996.
Now plans are being considered to flatten it to make way for a new development including 178 houses, a bistro and office space.
www.bbc.co.uk

several problems with this....we found this info too, but some sites say it shud in 1996, some say 1985.
anwyays it has a chapel etc on site, which by some law cannot be demolished for atleast 50 years..., and im sure i read somewhere that NHS grounds have to be closed 25 years before they can be destroyed.
also if this thing about the TB is true, then surely they couldnt just knock it down, the area would have to be totally blitzed....which would damage the village its in?
also read that plannin permission keeps gettin knocked back.
when we first heard about the housing etc, it was supposed to be gettin knocked down beginning of march, then it said end, then beginnin april, and its still there....
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I will see what i can do, my mum works for one of the uks largest private, mental, elderly health companies. I can see what she can find on some records.

Seems very strange though, same as near me

severalls hospital in colchester was mental place, now derelict so we think and has a huge fence around it with security. There are lots of stories about whats happened there in the past.

cool
aye theres stories about here too...i study psychology and asked my lecturer whos worked in many psychiatric hospitals and lived in the area all her life, she said something about a patient killing loads of peoepl there (which would explain all the police tape thats around i guess?)
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

severalls hospital pics:

insinerator!!!

look at the different window sizes???

bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.simoncornwell.com/urbex/tours2002.htm

try that website some very interesting stuff on there!
TNM

26th Apr 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was only thinking about this thread yesterday
--Dave--
Banned

26th Apr 05 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scary shit... looks like something out of Silent Hill (for those that don't know it's a game on the playstation set in old hospitals and buildings - weird baby things running around and strange noises)

fcuked up
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its that tower that scares me...u cud just imagine someone hanging off it
bradfincham

26th Apr 05 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That police tape seems to be over an oven, Safe something in the wall??

These places are very very weird!

Lynny i dont think theres anyone still in st marys but i think something weird happened in there!
There all weird places, severalls is supposed to be soo haunted!

A friend of dads owns a farm near it, and he found people in the field with his livestock, eating them raw, or had killed them!
So clearly some fruitloops about!
Pablo

26th Apr 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That place would freak me out
stuartmitchell

26th Apr 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lynny you should be a private investigator

This shoot is great
Pablo

26th Apr 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scary
Greg_M

26th Apr 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
riiiight, well this lad called garrie (who made that one mile ahead site with all the pics on), was talkin to a doctor about the place and asked why its firstly abonded, and secondly guarded so well, to which the doctor replied 'because it has the active TB virus on the grounds', for anyone who doesn tknow, TB cant live outside a host for more than a few minutes etc, and therefore if the place has been shut for about 20 years now i think, surely the virus/bacteria/whatever it is would have died out yes?, when garrie questioned the doctor about this, he just went sorta quiet, and came out with 'it has nothing to do with u, just dont question it and leave the place alone'...then walked off quickly....!
anyways, furthermore, even if the whole TB thin was true, then surely it wudnt jst stay in the confinds of the building, with winds etc isurely it would be spread to the village couple hundred metres away?

last time we went a few weeks ago, we went round the back way where all the 'quiet rooms' etc are for the patients however had to quickly move as the guards were round the corner
when we first went round, passed a building and all the windows upstairs were shut, the ones downstairs were boarded up....about 30 minutes later a window had been opened upstairs all doors etc cannot be opened tho....
one of the freakiest things though was one of the buildings u can see in and there was a board with loads of names on, and what activites they were to be doing that day, things like 'reality orientation' etc etc

the story the doctor gave was more than likly what they say to get people to leave the place alone.

and as for the games they play, thats completely normal. Mental institutaions will have duties that they need to forfill. You have to understand theat the main aim of the intistution is to 'change' the people that they can to live in the 'outside' again. and some of these people really dont do ANYTHING. they dont have the same thought pattern as you are me. its wuite ahrd to comprehend what goes on in their mind. Even though you just label them as 'mental'

The windwo thing is a bit stange, but your just lokking for things. if you look hard enough then you will find something they you change to fit in with what you want to find.

do you no realise it private property. amd there will be a reason they dont want people on thir, there could be anything, weak floors or anything. you could kill yourself for god sake
Greg_M

26th Apr 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A friend of dads owns a farm near it, and he found people in the field with his livestock, eating them raw, or had killed them!

whats wrong with that, many people eat raw animals, these people do not understand what is socialy acceptable.

eating live animals is only wrong because people think it is. and patients dont 'think' like the majority of society.
Tom

26th Apr 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mad thread
Greg_M

26th Apr 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
insinerator!!!
look at the different window sizes???

insinerator - to reduce rubbish

different window size - and? look at the house around you, esp older houses, they will have different window sizes depending on what goes on in there. Its a hospital, they dont really want a full sized window in treatment rooms now do they.
stuartmitchell

26th Apr 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people have a right to know

good work lynny
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greg_M
quote:
Originally posted by Lynny

the story the doctor gave was more than likly what they say to get people to leave the place alone.

and as for the games they play, thats completely normal. Mental institutaions will have duties that they need to forfill. You have to understand theat the main aim of the intistution is to 'change' the people that they can to live in the 'outside' again. and some of these people really dont do ANYTHING. they dont have the same thought pattern as you are me. its wuite ahrd to comprehend what goes on in their mind. Even though you just label them as 'mental'

The windwo thing is a bit stange, but your just lokking for things. if you look hard enough then you will find something they you change to fit in with what you want to find.

do you no realise it private property. amd there will be a reason they dont want people on thir, there could be anything, weak floors or anything. you could kill yourself for god sake

right, im not as narrow minded as u think and dont just label people 'mental' i study psychology and it what i want a career in so i actually knwo all about the stuff they do with patients etc, my whole point being that it was freaky seeing the names of peopel who were in there, makes it seem that bit more real...
secondly yes i knwo about the building conditions, hence why we have gone up any stairs etc, we're nto stupid, it is NHS property, and the building is in ruins so we're careful, the point we were makin isnt about it being closed off its about 24.7 security with huge guns seems a BIT excessive

[Edited on 26-04-2005 by Lynny]
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That police tape seems to be over an oven, Safe something in the wall??

These places are very very weird!

Lynny i dont think theres anyone still in st marys but i think something weird happened in there!
There all weird places, severalls is supposed to be soo haunted!

possibly gypsies? we suspect theres some living in the abonded buildings at st marys
Greg_M

26th Apr 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynnyright, im not as narrow minded as u think and dont just label people 'mental' i study psychology and it what i want a career in so i actually knwo all about the stuff they do with patients etc, my whole point being that it was freaky seeing the names of peopel who were in there, makes it seem that bit more real...
secondly yes i knwo about the building conditions, hence why we have gone up any stairs etc, we're nto stupid, it is NHS property, and the building is in ruins so we're careful, the point we were makin isnt about it being closed off its about 24.7 security with huge guns seems a BIT excessive

i wasnt making any surgestion over your level of knowledge in the area, but some of the stupid assumtions people are making are just laughable.

24/7 security is understandable seeing as people keeping going on the place and as for the big guns? its illegal for the use of wepons outside of military areas
Lynny

26th Apr 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the guns that freaked us out, hence this post in the first place, also the major lack of information on it. we go to local libraries etc and they have blueprints, LOADS of info on all local hospitals, NOTHING on st marys. its a weird place, no amount of stories and photos do it justice, youve got to visit it in the dakr to understand

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew) 22 database queries in 0.0263209 seconds