corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 06 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Karen
Tax Credits, free milk, housing benefit or council tax benefit?

you get council tax free aswell, what that on your property?

Anyone unemployed or in full time education gets council tax for nothing
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:
quote:

so thats another non-cash benefit she gets, along with rent and milk!!
Kerry

2nd Mar 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and free prescriptions/dentist
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lupi_Lucy
I have a flat don't live with my parents, i'm in the same situation as kerry get what everyone with children gets. I'm not saying it's easy but i manage.

Well if u work u would get working tax credit and child tax credit, also help with your rent and council tax

coming from someone who works the system

Harly say I work the system
And everyone who has a kid is entitled to all these anyway whether they work or not

[Edited on 02-03-2006 by Karen]
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so thats another non-cash benefit she gets, along with rent and milk!!

Anyone can get free milk if your up early doors
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
and free prescriptions/dentist

Yeah, I should of known that as used to work at Prescription Pricing Authority (put the prescriptions into the computer) whilst I was at College.

Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And everyone who has a kid is entitled to all these anyway whether they work or not

How do you not work the system...your dont work and take every benefit thats going. Kerry and Lucy work and dont take the benefits....who works the system!!
Kerry

2nd Mar 06 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that its easy to get in a nhs dentist these days

something else the government have screwed up on

also i once had this idea that i think everyone no matter whether child or elderly should pay £1 for a prescription. that no one would try dodging it and there would be more money in the pot!!
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do sympathise with some single mothers, it must be difficult on the other hand there’s some who make a living out of being on benefits...these people need people need there benifits stopped & made to work!!
Icy

2nd Mar 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Icy
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Icy
only costs me £2.50 for a day ticket

£2.20

£2.50 to u
complainin to me indeed bout losin 30p

Well they are only £2.20
Big signs on the buses saying thats what they are!

well u complained to me after not lookin when i told u was about £2.50
u put that in u stupid bint
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

How do you not work the system...your dont work and take every benefit thats going. Kerry and Lucy work and dont take the benefits....who works the system!!

Take what your entitled as long as you plan to return to work & give it back to the state

afaik Kerrys kids are at school now & Karens not - taking care of a young one all day on your own is tiring work!
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had second thoughts about this one , it's so tiring taking care of a young one all day on your own, some single parents seem to have an awful lot of spare time to spend on the internet

And I guess internet access might be a bit of an unnecessary expense
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Mar 06 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
if you did 40 hrs a week at mcdonalds you'd still come home with £1000.
I would rather forego a grand than spend 40 hours away from a young child if there were other options.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Mar 06 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Get a job.
Learn irony
Kerry

3rd Mar 06 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all about work/life balance

its as healthy for an adult to work as it is for a child to be with its parent/s
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 00:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
if you did 40 hrs a week at mcdonalds you'd still come home with £1000.
I would rather forego a grand than spend 40 hours away from a young child if there were other options.

A lot of parents whether they be single of not would love to spend all day at home with there kids, but don't have the luxury of that option

Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Mar 06 at 00:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, I just don't think the suggest of 40 hours of minimum wage is a particularly sound one.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Indeed, I just don't think the suggest of 40 hours of minimum wage is a particularly sound one.

I'm not giving financial advice to single mothers, Ian

Merely pointing out that there are other options, where you could possibly be better off, mcdonalds being a bad example
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Okay point taken

My point is that the state make the option of not going out and getting a job, a far too easy option for a lot of people !!

Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Mar 06 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the moral high-ground 'work or be a sponger' viewpoint is excellent in principle, but doesn't work for everyone.

Its a very difficult decision indeed to choose work over time with a child. The gravity of a such a decision is huge, when you (irrationally) consider that leaving your kid with someone else could be at best a bit worse for their development and at worse bloody risky. I know someone whose child was scarred after it fell in a kitchen while being "minded".

Thats not something I could live with, and especially not something I would like to risk just so I wasn't branded someone who works the system.

Having said all that, those are only concerns and outside risks, and the reality is that its possible to do it. I know a single mum bringing up three kids, who works harder than I do.

I'm not suggesting its not possible, just perhaps highlighting the fact that its not an easy fix.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Mar 06 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the state make the option of not going out and getting a job, a far too easy option for a lot of people !!
Agreed there also.
Lynny

3rd Mar 06 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is though, cant tar everyone with the same brush, there's those with kids who get benefits and do need them as they cant leave their kid and work a normal 40 hour week, then theres those who have x amount of kids purely to live off the benefits, E.G these kids at 13 who have their first kid (usually of about 8) and are encouraged by the parents as it'l bring more money in and so they can avoid work
JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin is a single parent, she was with her partner when she had her son 3 years ago. They are no longer together. She HAS to work to bring in enough money to run the house ......... she is only £24: 00 a week better off than she would sitting about the house all day, but she needs that extra cash to make ends meet.

Yeah it is a hard decision having to leave your kid with a child minder, having to drag him out his cot at 6: 00 in the morning etc, it breaks her heart but to keep the roof over their heads she has no choice unlike some

[Edited on 03-03-2006 by JadeM]

[Edited on 03-03-2006 by JadeM]
stuartmitchell

3rd Mar 06 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As already said if u read the bloody post I cant get a job because of where I stay ffs

dont FFS me bitch

for starters i don't believe a word you have said in this post and you dont have it so tough, your out on the piss more than me FFS.......and i'm a student

Next up, I know for a fact you got a job handing out catalogues for Kleenezze. Were any of them ever delivered? Were they fuck

JadeM
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See it's people who work the system that spoil it for the ones who have no option, cos they're all tarred with the same stick

<<  7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money 22 database queries in 0.0138130 seconds