corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
27th Sep 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good thinking!
Nath

28th Sep 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm all singed up now so fingers crossed i'll get a few mins on sunday. Had training on wednesday, had a little 6 aside where we were only allowed two touches, and no passes above head height, and the goal was actually just a road cone My team went 1-0 down, but then I managed to score whilst going in for a 50/50 ball, it hit my left foot and went straight at the cone Result! Few mins later I got the ball on my right, with the cone behing me, took a touch to my right, turned the defender, realised I only had one touch left so with my left foot I just poked the ball and again it hit the cone We won 2-1, both goals from me, with my left foot, mazin!
--Dave--
Banned

29th Sep 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie Walby

29th Sep 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First training session in a while last night. Since early August in fact. Been told earlier in the day to be ready to fight to get my place back in the team.

Training, got through the running and drills better than expected though I must admit it was a bit lighter than normal. Sprinting drills I rocked at as im like Linford Christie over 15-20 metres

Match on the 6 a-side for an hour after an hour of running etc. I played well though started to cramp and tire.

During the match, i was floating round edge of the area when we had a corner. Ball bobbled out to me. I swung my left fot at it caught it well by luck more than judgement pinged the crossbar but fell to one of my team. Also made a goal line clearance. other team 1 on 1 with keeper (happened to be my bro in law) I was running back shouted to bro in law to go to ball i covered behind and cleared the shot John Terry esque....even got a round of applause from the blokes behind the goal waitng for their time slot on our pitch Naturally I got up and jogged away as if it was nothing, again in JT fashion

As for the people that have been playing in my position, I dont think I have much to worry about. Neither can cross the ball and playing on right/left wing that isnt great. Considering passing/crossing is my real strong point (13 assists in 20 games last year) I am quietly confident of getting my place back. Probably sub this weekend though, but thats fine by me.

Felt good to be back.

Robbo

30th Sep 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beaten 3 nil by top of the league team in local derby... never a 3 niller tho, nil nil til 20 from the end but then they got a few in the last few... i played last 5 and didnt have to do a lot, a man beat me and then squared to some1 who went on to score tho :S
Jamie Walby

1st Oct 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost 2-0 in cup game today. Both teams were shocking and had chances but they took theirs, we didnt

I got last 5 didnt see much of the ball. Think I only touched it once and that was a cross into the box

Manager said he wish he put me on sooner which kinda annoyed me. nevermind though. im hoping for a longer spell next week.
Nath

1st Oct 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drew 1-1, I was an unused sub, which was fair enough as we were looking more likely to score. Terrible conditions too, wind was playing a big part. Their goal was luck, it was a free kick from about 40 yards, it floated up with the wind, keeper shouted to claim it, but the wind took it over him and in the net. We wouldve won this on another day, we were fitter, better, but couldnt get that second goal.

[Edited on 01-10-2006 by Nath]
J da Silva

1st Oct 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 1-0 Saturday against our village rivals, like Celtic/Rangers I converted a 22 yard free kick.

Today we won in the knockout cup 6-2 against a team 2 divisions lower, I scored 2 and set 1 up, my brother Jordes scored 2 aswell.
gianluigi

1st Oct 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my word

never been involved in such a game.

cup game.......we had 10 players so not good to start off with. I played right midfield.....only played there a couple of times, and each time not very successfully.

anyhoo, the spirit was up, we did well, we held them, with 10 min til our goalie turned up.

Sadly they went 1-0 up. a lot of players out of position, so took us all a while to get into it.

2nd half was better, but they took the lead after a dodgey decision on a free kick.

Their lino on each occasion we attacked put his flag up ffs that was annoying.

we got back into it. i played a nice ball over the top and we scored (another assist to my name )

then shortly after we got the equaliser, another occasion when the lino flagged but ref ignored him and allowed the goal. quality.

we had chances to win it, but combo of being an inch off and their goalie being very good.

extra time

fucking hell im knackard by this point. up and down the line is enough for 90 mins, not 120.

anyway, in the 1st period, we got infront long throw and a good header and the ball was in the net.

it was another game where i had to keep fightign to get the ball. im really improving in that area of the game.

2nd period, they got through and equalisded. i hold my hand up for that, i was just too fucked to track back, so was the whole midefield tbh.

penalties

never been involved in one. i was up for taking a penalty, i always am, but manager assigned it to the few he thought would bury them.

sadly we lost the shoot-out 3-2...their keeper was awesome shot stopper and i congratulated him at the end of the game.

so we're out of the cup we got so far in last season im bitter
antscorsa

1st Oct 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

won 5-4 yesterday from being 4-1 at HT, got a bit nerve racking at the end.
had a rubbish team out with an even worse goal keeper.
but we held in and won. should have been about 8-1.
im happy tho scored 2 and set anther up. been moved to right wing tho which im loving, gettin a lot more involved
Marcus_Foster

2nd Oct 06 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 1-0 had a couple of main players out but thats not really any problem because we should of hammered them.

Ref was shocking, he gave a free-kick everytime someone swore and he booked a bloke in the other team because his sock kept falling down and you could see his shinpad

[Edited on 02-10-2006 by Marcus_Foster]
RyanSxi

2nd Oct 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started playing on a sunday for the first time ever. never played 11 a side usually indoor or 8 a side etc.

playing for a pub team that have just started up this season. in first 4 games lost 3 and drawn 1. but played yesterday (against a team they lost 7-2 to in a friendly a few weeks ago). I started a sub and we went 1-0 down early on. by half time it was 2-2

we went up to 3-2, i came on as left back and another lad as right back as the defense were a bit shakey. other lad game away about 5 tupid free kicks which they ended up getting goals from and we went on to lose the match 5-4.

so close and unlucky but alot of positives from the game. glad to be playing on a sunday and gettin my fitness up
--Dave--
Banned

2nd Oct 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

luigi gutted for you mate, sounds like you and your team gave it your all.

Our game was called off due to the league double-booking one of the pitches, muppets.

Training was good though, scored 4 goals
gianluigi

2nd Oct 06 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, we should have won, simple as. they were crap. just had a good keeper. we lost, and are having an in-club crisis because the individual players only thinking of themsleves, not the team. they argue, keep shooting from impossible angles, and distances....when there is most always a pass on. not going well. next week the managers going to have it out
--Dave--
Banned

2nd Oct 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gianluigi

2nd Oct 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the managers had enough mate. either they go or he goes. and thats no good for the club. could argue he's manager and doesnt have to play them....and im sure if we had a full squad he wouldnt...especially after sunday.
--Dave--
Banned

2nd Oct 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a few players like that as well mate, think they're bigger than the team itself.

The guy who tried to strangle me has been playing proper crap lately in training. The worse he plays the less he passes. Not good when you're paired up with someone and need to score goals.
messham11

2nd Oct 06 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 4-3 in The Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup yesterday. Missing 6 players and had a new goalie with the other upfront! New keeper saved a pen and our other keeper scored!!! Good result as they're in our league and we drew 2-2 first game on season prob with a stronger side. Were 4-1 up with minutes to go but cant complain in the end

Got AFC Golden Cross from High Wycombe in the next round!
gianluigi

2nd Oct 06 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at all these people winning their cup matches

im very bitter
Jamie Walby

4th Oct 06 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

The guy who tried to strangle me .

WTF Dave
--Dave--
Banned

4th Oct 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

page 5 or 6 Walby
Jamie Walby

5th Oct 06 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Luigi,

Cheers for the add and all the support you have given me over the years, without that it wouldn't be possible.

Keep it safe
G
gianluigi

7th Oct 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Luigi,

Cheers for the add and all the support you have given me over the years, without that it wouldn't be possible.

Keep it safe
G

Robbo

7th Oct 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8 -2 Aston

I had last 15 mins and did as well as I could hope... nowt got past me... lots of big heads and stopped free kicks

Had a small hand in the 7th and my searching (and I thought overhit) pass lead to the 8th

I was so proud and pleased
messham11

8th Oct 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just lost 8-2 1-0 at halftime, then we scored 3 own goals to make it 4-1 few heads went down. Started to do ok and just sloppy defending cost us in the end. They kain everyone but the scoreline did flatter them a bit. But weve got a young side so they'll only learn from it

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.0218830 seconds