corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread
Ben J

User status: Offline
17th Feb 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal are no more cheats than any other team.

Man u are known to be THE worst culprits for crowding a ref.....have been for years.

AND Nani deserved much worse...it was a tiny little kick, and if he is going to showboat like he did he will get much worse....do you seriously think the FA are going to investigate that!!!

More likely the FA should investigate Arsenal not turning up and not trying!

[Edited on 17-02-2008 by bjackso2x]
smack

17th Feb 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why carnt he showboat if he wants?
is it not in the rules? tough shit if the other team carnt hack it
one thing i do know is kicking someone randomly isent allowed and gallas should have a match ban tbh
Ben J

17th Feb 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
one thing i do know is kicking someone randomly isent allowed and gallas should have a match ban tbh

He can showboat, but must expect someone to maybe get annoyed and go through him.....its a risk you take.
Carl

17th Feb 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack

Agreed! Going to get kicked for show boats, it's not Sunday league!
strick206

17th Feb 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He deserved much worse as he took the piss out of a couple of your players

Gallas should get a match ban at least for that

United are the worst? i think thats chelsea by far, but Arsenal still have the attitude they did a few years ago, with the Van Nistelrooy incident, that shown the quality of one of our players not rising to yours
Marc

17th Feb 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x
AND Nani deserved much worse...it was a tiny little kick, and if he is going to showboat like he did he will get much worse....do you seriously think the FA are going to investigate that!!!

What?!!!!!

So if a player, regardless of what team they play for decides to show their skills on the pitch they should be abused? Ok then. Why shouldn't the FA investigate it? I don't recall kicking people being a part of the game.
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Bugger! I never got chance to compile a list.

Although it isn't as close to the figures I punted out it certainly backs up that his approach to signings is somewhat scatter gun, especially as a load of them have been punted on again.

It isnt 'as close', its miles away mate, especially when you take into account the figures he has sold players for aswell.

And 49 players, when a good chunk of those listed are kids, is hardly scatter gun type of sigings. Take a look at our squad now, and compare it to when he took over - you'll find nearly all have been replaced with much better quality and that needed to be done before we could challenge any team for the Premiership - as I was saying before a ball was kicked this season.
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought Nani had the best game I'd seen him play yesterday, although he does seem to be a wannabe Ronaldo - which isnt a bad thing in terms of skill but is in terms of arrogance and raping.
Marc

17th Feb 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Sheffield and Preston
Danny P

17th Feb 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I never thought i'd be dissapointed in losing to Chelsea, but yesterday leaving the ground I was. Showed them far too much respect, especially in the first 20/25 minutes, dont even think we had a touch of the ball It was like everyone was in awe, afraid to make tackles.

Finally got our heads into gear and for last 20 mins of the first half we were the better side, had one cleared of the line, & managed to pull it back to 1-1 Scored with the last kick of the first half, which was, as daft as it seem a bad time to score as it gave Chelsea half time to re-asses the situation instead of leaving them shellshocked like last time we played them.

2nd half we gave it a good go, and Lampards 2nd was a bit of a scambled effort, once that went in I think everyone knew the outcome. Fair play to Chelsea, they dictated the game (as you would expect) and were worthy winners in the end.

As I said, im dissapointed with some players, there wasn't even 1 booking for us, should have been at least 5/6 players on a yellow card leaving that field yesterday, should have roughed them up a bit, tried to put them off thier game a bit more and taken the game to then, but we didnt, and we paid the price.

On another note, Chelsea fans must be the most boring set of football fans i've ever witnessed. Didnt hear one song all afternoon, game wasn't even sold out, were loads of spare seats in the main stand next to us. Yesterday just confirmed to me how much I hate the majority of the Premier League clubs, was looking at the programme and the ticket prices for some games and made me realsie how lucky I am to support a club like Huddersfield, who are still in touch with the working man, and its clubs routes and its supporters. Its the Premier League, you can stick it.

Also, well dont to Barnsley for beating Liverpool. As much as I hate you for beating us t'other year in the Play Offs, I had a nice warm feeling inside all the way back up the M1 knowing you'd turned one the big 4 over on there own turf, keeping the FA Cup magic alive, and proving that even with all the money, all the superstars, the little clubs do have there day sometimes. I know that that victory yesterday for Barnsley fans will mean more to them than any European Cup of Premier Leauge Trophy
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
I know that that victory yesterday for Barnsley fans will mean more to them than any European Cup of Premier Leauge Trophy

Dont talk shit
Marc

17th Feb 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has a point Cosmotron, when will Barnsley win the European Cup or the Premier League?
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
He has a point Cosmotron, when will Barnsley win the European Cup or the Premier League?

He didnt say that, he said it means more to them than any European Cup of Premier Leauge Trophy - which is just a load of shit really.

If he meant it means more to Barnsley then its rubbish - as I seriously doubt not one of those 7,000 fans yesterday would prefer to win at Anfield over winning either the CL or Premiership.

And if he means it means ore to them than to fans of other clubs winning the CL or Premiership then thats just shite too.
Carl

17th Feb 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the first time i've ever seen wednesday fans, blade fans and the rest all happy that we won, it was definatly a good day for championship football and fans of the English game. (thats not implying that all prem club fans arn't true by the way, far from it.)
Jamescorsa97

17th Feb 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pet lip
Danny P

17th Feb 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
He didnt say that, he said it means more to them than any European Cup of Premier Leauge Trophy - which is just a load of shit really.

If he meant it means more to Barnsley then its rubbish - as I seriously doubt not one of those 7,000 fans yesterday would prefer to win at Anfield over winning either the CL or Premiership.

And if he means it means ore to them than to fans of other clubs winning the CL or Premiership then thats just shite too.

I'd beg to differ mate.

I know Barnsley fans that would have been happy to just to score at Liverpool, never mind win.

These occassions dont come round that often, when they do, they mean so much to fans who support clubs that dont win anything very often.
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd beg to differ mate.

I know Barnsley fans that would have been happy to just to score at Liverpool, never mind win.

These occassions dont come round that often, when they do, they mean so much to fans who support clubs that dont win anything very often.

I have no doubt it was a great moment for them, and Im not trying to say it wasnt, but to say it would mean more than winning the Prem or the CL is just stupid tbh.
Carl

17th Feb 08 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I'd beg to differ mate.

Its 2 wins in 2 visits to Anfield that, we won them there when we was in the Prem.
Danny P

17th Feb 08 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have no doubt it was a great moment for them, and Im not trying to say it wasnt, but to say it would mean more than winning the Prem or the CL is just stupid tbh.

Its ok mate, I dont expect you to understand supporting one the most succesful teams in History.

Your used to winning, you almost expect it, when something like this happens to a smaller club, its much more an acheivement (to them) than someone like Liverpool winning the European Cup.
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its ok mate, I dont expect you to understand supporting one the most succesful teams in History.

Your used to winning, you almost expect it, when something like this happens to a smaller club, its much more an acheivement (to them) than someone like Liverpool winning the European Cup.

Please...did you not see the reaction when we won it?! 500,000 people on the streets of Liverpool. I didnt see that reaction in Barnsley today

I understand what you are trying to get across, and I do agree, but just not to the extent that it would be the same as winning the Prem or the CL.
Danny P

17th Feb 08 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnsley dont have 500,000 fans though do they

[Edited on 17-02-2008 by Danny P]
Cosmo

17th Feb 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Barnsley dont have 500,000 fans though do they

[Edited on 17-02-2008 by Danny P]

I didnt see 1000 fans there
Robbo

17th Feb 08 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
I was at the game today and the atmosphere was brilliant The fans got behind the team and made a lot of noise. As for singing chants about your rivals Cosmo you can't tell me that if the boot was on the other foot today "Are you watching Manchester" wouldn't have been belted out at Anfield! Anderson had a blinder today as did Nani. To be honest if I was playing against him I'd want to kick him up in the air but that can only be good for us. Hopefully other teams will have seen that Arsenal can't play when you get in amongst them and someone will do a job for us in between now and the next game at OT.
That was true last year but this year we have been decimating teams tryign to do that
Marc

17th Feb 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except yesterday
John G

17th Feb 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone recon that freekick was a set up in the sheff utd game beattie very unlcuky

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0231740 seconds