corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League knockout stage Week 1

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League knockout stage Week 1
Marc

User status: Offline
16th Feb 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant atmosphere btw.
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Song won't see this game out.
Cavey

16th Feb 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Do you want me to get the FACTS out?

Ronaldo and Messi both have 24 goals in the league. Messi has twice as many assists though.

Mainly that tbf Eck, as a team player, Messi is superior. Ronaldo kicks the ball VERY hard. Think they said Messi was top scorer in champs league the last couple of years as well?

Ronaldo wears a gum guard, and falls over at the slightest of touches, so he can smash a free kick at the wall, Messi carries on with men trying to mount him.

Ronaldo is second, definitely and he always will be unless Messi gets a massive injury
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eboue you fucking clown
Eck
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't possibly say he will always be second when they are both so young Ronaldo has went from being a one trick pony to a fabulous footballer. I do believe Messi is the best in the world but not by far! And Ronaldo isn't all about hard shots and free kicks He is a diving greasy bastard, but in the top 2 of world football. Anyone who has scored as many goals as games (with over 60 games) would be put in the world class category.
mwg

16th Feb 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Surely he has to be subbed at half time!
Eck
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Eto'o is top this year, but Messi was the last two!
mwg

16th Feb 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo's goals per games for Real Madrid is better than Messi's goals per games for Barca. The past 2 seasons he has been on fire!
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Surely he has to be subbed at half time!

That break before where Messi scored offside, Song would have made a tackle early on in move but had to hold back. No use now.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It most probably is but Messi has played a bell of a lot more Messi WILL score in this game though. If they keep letting him run lime this anyway.
Cavey

16th Feb 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
You can't possibly say he will always be second when they are both so young Ronaldo has went from being a one trick pony to a fabulous footballer. I do believe Messi is the best in the world but not by far! And Ronaldo isn't all about hard shots and free kicks He is a diving greasy bastard, but in the top 2 of world football. Anyone who has scored as many goals as games (with over 60 games) would be put in the world class category.

Not saying he's not world class, he's a great player, and the spanish league definitely suits him as there's no contact allowed, and there's no doubting his record, 50 goals in 52 I think for Real? They'd be miles behind if it wasn't for him this season

I'll let you have your opinion, for me, Messi is quite a lot better.
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rvp now thinks he's messi and has stopped passing.
Ben D

16th Feb 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scoring an obscene amount of goals in La Liga isn't anything special, and because they play in a less demanding they are that bit sharper when it comes to the CL.

Personally i would say Ronaldo is the better of the 2, he scored something like 31 in 34 league games in 2007–08 in the premier league from the right wing and 42 in 49 overall if memory serves me correctly

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by Ben D]
JonnyJ

16th Feb 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Arseanal have done ok. Had chances but not taken them, they NEED to get the next goal though otherwise heads will drop.
Swiftay

16th Feb 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Itv commentary "for 20 - 25 mins arsenal did great and should be proud" ffs this is arsenal at home
Eck
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Not saying he's not world class, he's a great player, and the spanish league definitely suits him as there's no contact allowed, and there's no doubting his record, 50 goals in 52 I think for Real? They'd be miles behind if it wasn't for him this season

I'll let you have your opinion, for me, Messi is quite a lot better.

Last I looked it was 64 in 65 iirc. But that's all it is, personal opinion. Unless we had shots to goals, minutes on the pitch etc it would be hard to say who is playing better. On another note though they are joint top for the Soulier d' Or
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITV are a fucking joke. Did you hear the fat bloaters comment then. Fucking cunt. Who does he think he is.
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do we risk Song??? Cannot afford to go down to 10 men.

I think Song off, Wilshere deep, Arshavin on to play wide left with Nasri and Cesc in centre?
Eck
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do we risk Song??? Cannot afford to go down to 10 men.

I think Song off, Wilshere deep, Arshavin on to play wide left with Nasri and Cesc in centre?

What about Diaby? They need muscle in the middle.
Ben J

16th Feb 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. He'll deffo end up going Gattuso.

One big tackle and that's it red mist.

[Edited on 16-02-2011 by Ben J]
Hammer

16th Feb 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care what anyone says about the Barca wankfest, that DID NOT feel like 3/4 of an hour.

They are joyous to watch
JonnyJ

16th Feb 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I don't care what anyone says about the Barca wankfest, that DID NOT feel like 3/4 of an hour.

They are joyous to watch

I agree and the wankfest does my head in, but as i say, not Barca's fault, they deserve the praise i just dont need to be told 1000 times a minute
Eck
Premium Member

16th Feb 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They are joyous to watch

That pissed me aff. I'm working at 11 and the time is flying in

Makes me look forward to the beath playing They aren't the blue Brazil for nothing
JonnyJ

16th Feb 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

They are joyous to watch

That pissed me aff. I'm working at 11 and the time is flying in

Makes me look forward to the beath playing They aren't the blue Brazil for nothing

Barca learn from the Beath.

Did you know Brazil's nickname is actually The Yellow Cowdenbeath?
Cavey

16th Feb 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roma 1-3 shakhtar in the other game, didn't see that happening

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League knockout stage Week 1 23 database queries in 0.0189650 seconds