corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New moderator appointment

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New moderator appointment
Cole

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

what is the solution only real solution is removing the problem which is the route that you dont really want to go down unless its truly the last resort. I think you just need to get the right people mature sensible people to try and control it as at the moment its just you an will and you cant be around all day everyday. You might find that it will come under control once you do if it doesnt then its ban button time.
taylorboosh

18th Mar 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

Your always on
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm rarely on here and when I am I have Nic baiting me

But is that true though i think that your both as bad as each other. But i have known you both to chat fine to each other when away from cs so whats it really all about.
Ben J

18th Mar 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

Maybe this thread needs removing now, as its done its job and given people more ethan enough time to apply, and then Ian and the other staff can be left to decide??

Then hopefully the popularity contest will stop.

Once the new mod/mods are chosen then the staff can discuss the problems and a plan can be put into place to try and sort a few things out.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Ben J]
Dave

18th Mar 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

Delete the posts, send a u2u to the main offenders telling them to grow the fuck up and leave GC to car related topics. This is a car forum after all, there is the prem lounge/off day for chatting shit.

A polite u2u to people who knowingly post in the wrong section wouldn't be a bad idea too, there are far too many help zone topics in general chat because people are impatient and want a quicker response.
Marc

18th Mar 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

Put it this way, would you act an arse on another forum? The answer is no because it would not be tollerated. CS is seen as an easy way to come on and chat bollocks to your circle of friends as you have "earnt" the right being here for 10 years. As for Nic, the guy has a 500bhp Corsa and is continuously striving to make it quicker. Something that could be used to promote the site in a positive light and gain some credibility. Instead of being known as a free for all for people to talk about lovely men with lips that may or may not be coming off.

This coming from someone that used to be as bad on a Saturday evening too.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
the guy has a 500bhp Corsa and is continuously striving to make it quicker. Something that could be used to promote the site in a positive light and gain some credibility.

Clarify for me how to do this exactly?
Marc

18th Mar 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

I'm not sure exactly, see how Nic feels about his car maybe being featured or put on a stand at one of the shows you attend. There are some very nice cars on this site that rightly so go on the stands at shows, but maybe something like Nic's car (or another big power Corsa on here) would generate a bit more outside interest and show that Corsa's are not all about big wheels, bodykits or standard 2.0 conversions.

Or maybe ask Nic if he would be willing to have a few site logos on his car for when he goes down the strip.
Ben J

18th Mar 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

Do we need more members though.

Surely we just need less idiots? Or the idiots to stop being idiots.

Marc

18th Mar 12 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

Well if Ian is wanting to run as his sole income I assumed he was wanting to expand and gain more exposure?
Ben J

18th Mar 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

How would CS ever be able to act as sole income for anyone? I expect the costs of running the site and stands etc is hard enough to cover.

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Surely if there's people out there who aren't yet members and they have an interest in Corsas, then it's better for CS to have them onboard rather than leaving them to find their way to other Corsa forums and help build those sites up instead, especially when most are run by people who aren't actually interested in what the site is about and instead are solely in it for the money.
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

nic doesnt do shows though he will only be at pvs if he is trying to qualify for totb his car to him has never been about getting it featured either its a toy to him you can try and ask him and see what he says. You know his feelings about certain people as well.
Dave

18th Mar 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

I don't think the site needs less idiots or them to stop being idiots per se, it just needs to stop otherwise sensible posts descending into petty bickering.

Get general chat working properly and you have a place for proper car enthusiasts to talk about cars. I assume this is why off day was created in the first place?

Part of the appeal of CS is its light touch on moderation, but this light touch doesn't have to be uniform across the site.
Ben J

18th Mar 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Surely if there's people out there who aren't yet members and they have an interest in Corsas, then it's better for CS to have them onboard rather than leaving them to find their way to other Corsa forums and help build those sites up instead, especially when most are run by people who aren't actually interested in what the site is about and instead are solely in it for the money.

Agreed. But looking at the role of Mods, which this thread is about in part, are the mods on board as promotors, or to monitor and moderate the forum? Its the latter. Therefore bringing in moderators isn't about increasing numbers its about sorting out the issues we currently have with the CS population as it stands.

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Bringing in new moderators is about improving the site, obviously that means dealing with the problems that we currently have but why are we dealing with those problems? To make the site a more attractive place for newcomers, to try and stop people getting pissed off and leaving because they want to talk about Corsas rather than seeing Ollie's cock or reading the massive amount of bollocks that certain members continue to post despite no-one actually wanting to read it.

So whilst new moderators may not actually be going out and openly promoting the site (by the same token though, I'm sure it would be welcomed if they are keen to do so), they will hopefully be succeeding in making the site a nice place to spend time and maybe even to talk about cars which in turn should at least give a better hit rate on new members who actually stick around

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Mike]
Ben J

18th Mar 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

Agreed. Thats what I was getting at too. Need to deal with the current issues before promoting as such but one is a catalyst for the other.
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

and it goes off topic once more its comments like that that ian is on about. But saying that youve been baited into making that comment its things like that that need to be sorted
SetH

18th Mar 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Instead of being known as a free for all for people to talk about lovely men with lips that may or may not be coming off.

ROFL
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
and it goes off topic once more its comments like that that ian is on about. But saying that youve been baited into making that comment its things like that that need to be sorted

I do know i took it off topic abit there, just asking a question to mr barnshaw was all. As you said baited. Ill delete it and u2u him instead
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Instead of being known as a free for all for people to talk about lovely men with lips that may or may not be coming off.

ROFL

alan-g-w

18th Mar 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

The fact is that since I've started using the site I've always noticed this massive 'in crowd' culture where there's a certain group of people who Ian would be too scared, for want of a better word, to ban. As an example, when Steve and ojc were hitting out with all that man of men and lips shite I made the point at the time that if anyone had signed up and ruined as many threads as they did they would have been told outright to cut the crap or would have been banned. Yet for some reason they got away with it for weeks and months until the point where it was common place and it would have needed to have seemed like Ian was making a mountain out of a molehill to put a stop to it.

I always tried to point it out and make a thing of it in the hope that it would put people off. But the fact is that the only person with any authority at all did nothing and it's now snowballed into the state it is because of that.
Chris x

18th Mar 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
The fact is that since I've started using the site I've always noticed this massive 'in crowd' culture where there's a certain group of people who Ian would be too scared, for want of a better word, to ban. As an example, when Steve and ojc were hitting out with all that man of men and lips shite I made the point at the time that if anyone had signed up and ruined as many threads as they did they would have been told outright to cut the crap or would have been banned. Yet for some reason they got away with it for weeks and months until the point where it was common place and it would have needed to have seemed like Ian was making a mountain out of a molehill to put a stop to it.

I always tried to point it out and make a thing of it in the hope that it would put people off. But the fact is that the only person with any authority at all did nothing and it's now snowballed into the state it is because of that.
Chris x

18th Mar 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

3CM also, most of the stuff he posts has nothing to do with the thread, and some of the shit is just weird, usually gets ignored but he still does it? Grown man isn't he?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

You suggested banning them?

You only need to do a search on the usernames to find posts from lots of other people asking why they've been banned and asking for them to come back. Plus the emails they themselves send, Facebook messages, generally not letting it go.

I didn't "do nothing" just because I didn't ban, I complained in posts, I complained in u2us, I gave it all a lot of time and I find it rather offensive that the opinion of me is that I did nothing.

I'm also a bit pissed off that somehow its my fault because other people talk shit? I'd gladly take the blame if my dumb dog did a shit on the pavement, but these people should have a bit more of a handle on their own behaviour.

If bans are the solution give me the list and I'll do them tonight, and we'll see in time whether that closes the issue. I predict a load more replies telling me they're funny and we all love them and they should not be banned because they're active on the site or some shit. And Steve has a good project thread, and Nic has a powerful car, and Oly likes Novas, blah blah, always some mitigation which makes the ban not as simple as you think it is.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New moderator appointment 22 database queries in 0.0209689 seconds