corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lost Prophets singer pleads guilty

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lost Prophets singer pleads guilty
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Dec 13 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by John
I still want to know what happened to the Bentley.

Sold. Business venture. Tits up. Story end.

I'd like details tbh
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Dec 13 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

Not a pleasant read though.

I read that yesterday...not nice

However, it was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Seriously, the guy is a paedo...what did you think he was up to?
Dom

19th Dec 13 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
That opinion already from a few shows

You saying it's worth watching O'Reilly?
N16K

20th Dec 13 at 02:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by John
I still want to know what happened to the Bentley.

Sold. Business venture. Tits up. Story end.

I'd like details tbh

same.

On the original post:
Watkins is a right wrong'un and I hope he serves his full sentence, who wants that scum on the street.

[Edited on 20-12-2013 by N16K]
Jambo

20th Dec 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have issues with how the mothers parts in this are deemed less evil than Watkins.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mothers are worse imo. Anyone who can let someone do that to their own child isn't wired up right
RichR
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one who Watkins took the virginity of isn't wired right when she allowed Watkins to take her virginity in the way he did.
C2RL R

20th Dec 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think what the mothers did shocked me more. When I first heard about this story I kind of imagined the sordid shit the bloke did although I was way off the mark when I actually found out the details. But I didn't really imagine the roles that the mothers played at all. Think that's why it was more shocking.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Dec 13 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Unless Watkins was the father? Which has been hypothesised

Child of B was around 6 months old when they met.

Not clear for child of P but there is a quote 'she needs to know mummy and daddy...' refering to P and Watkins

Although in August 2012 when they were first in communication, they talk about a baby as if she is already born. But the tense isn't clear, it could also be that she wasn't yet. But they were having communication like that before they physically met. Which is either quite some plan, or she was already pregnant or the child was already born.

[Edited on 20-12-2013 by Ian]
RichR
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the same about the father of the child of P; P lost her virginity to Watkins when she was 16 dressed as a school girl - it then goes on to say that she's fell pregnant by another man and after the breakdown of that relationship, she got back in touch with Watkins.

I thought the same as you over the 'mummy and daddy' comment.
Gsi_Ire

20th Dec 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually feel ill after reading that PDF......

Sick fuk shouldnt get the pleasure of death.... loss of all his teetha and numerous large c**ks for the lenght of his sentence and only to be shanked up the sh*tter to bleed out slowly the day before his release sounds about right to me.

As for the mothers... he obviously knows how to pick em.... i know some shitty shitty mothers who dont look after their babys.... but for this they should have their tubes tied.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Dec 13 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 16 year olds are referred to as TT and KJ. Different people I think?

Edit - I'm only reading the judiciary.gov.uk report, no further info.

[Edited on 20-12-2013 by Ian]
RichR
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, I just re-read that. No indication who TT is either or her connection to the rest of the case.

[Edited on 20-12-2013 by LiVe LeE]
neil h

20th Dec 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Mothers are worse imo. Anyone who can let someone do that to their own child isn't wired up right

If i read the judiciary report right, it wasn't just Watkins that was performing sex acts on the kids. At least one of the mothers did too. Now that's seriously fucked up.
RichR
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both mothers were and if anything they were doing even more invasive things than IW.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. I'm not sure how they've not got harsher sentences tbh
RichR
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he did it to two kids (in this case); two kids = twice the sentence of the mothers - roughly?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess. But two kids that arn't your own blood vs one that is. About on par imo.
jbguitarking

20th Dec 13 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read that PDF, absolutley insane all of them.
Cavey

20th Dec 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
he did it to two kids (in this case); two kids = twice the sentence of the mothers - roughly?

They also took into account that he "corrupted" these women and used his "idol" status to do what he wanted, so in the judges eyes the women weren't AS culpable as he was controlling them, hence his long punishment.

I said earlier in the thread I feel the mothers should of got much longer sentences than they did, as the judge said (I'm paraphrasing as can't be bothered reading it again) - You disobeyed the trust of your child, your one job is to protect and love your child, and you did the complete and utter opposite. - That to me is disgusting.
Ben G

20th Dec 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else in complete disbelief that someone could even think about doing this?

I can't understand what makes people act this way.

Are they ill? Are they wired differently?
Gsi_Ire

20th Dec 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Are they ill? Are they wired differently?

I think in the technical sence maybe, but I dont think they should ever be labelled as this and next thing you will know there is a condition and they are trying to justify it etc.

Lets just leave it as it is, they are sick perverted bags of shit that only deserve to live so as to be punished.... a bit like they way he discribed how the girl was going to grow up.....
SVM 286

20th Dec 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Fair enough pal. Well my opinion is it wont change a thing.

I mean Watkins had every thing to lose, its not like he was a down and out deadbeat, he was widely respected, probably a millionaire, world famous. Even without losing 36 years of your life, losing all the aforementioned should be enough for anyone to stay squeaky clean, yet, it wasnt.

If retribution is all you care about then fire away, but if you actually want to try reduce crime then you need to look at why people are committing these crimes in the first place.

I can see what you're saying, I really can.

Thing is, what you said oddly doesn't matter... Being a millionaire, being famous, the guy was sick, mentally ill, and probably had been for a long, long time. Maybe he had family history with mental illness as well. Also, as we all know, him being famous made things worse, because he used his position of power as exactly that, the power to manipulate through his fame etc. You know what I mean?

You say he had everything to lose, but this guy had no rational, none at all. I very much doubt his mind came up with 'this is wrong, shit, I could lose all my money over this' in a very warped way, he had no control over what he was doing, yet he completely did. He also showed no remorse, no emotion, nothing, if anything he saw it as a joke. He had a serious, serious illness, I mean that goes without saying. It's all quite unbelievable all of this, it really is. Because as you say, it's easy to say he had everything to lose, and the money, and that's how I imagine a logical person would think about it, but as said, he wasn't thinking like a logical person.

I mean what you said at the end is very Guardian, and I can see what you mean. It's a very difficult issue. I personally believe very strong and very harsh sentences, as a deterrent, one would hope. But as said, it's very difficult. So many parameters etc.

[Edited on 19-12-2013 by p]

I don't think he's sick in the slightest. Saying that he is sick or mad or ill in the head, gives him some credence. A let out clause if you will. An excuse to do as he feels and not be held accountable.

I believe he is evil and arrogant. He commits these acts because he wants to. Because he is a monster. And because he can.

He probably didn't give the concept of getting caught or stopped, a moments thought. It probably never even crossed his mind.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Dec 13 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jim. Get a hobby.
SVM 286

20th Dec 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have several.

Why Gaz?

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lost Prophets singer pleads guilty 22 database queries in 0.0135109 seconds